Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #547
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I had heard that new revisions or at least some new things were on the horizon for Trifecta. I know Vince is constantly working on things and I know when I got my tune, it was all good. The quote was "Looks good!". It wasn't until I got my high flow cats and catback exhaust that I got another adjustment for my fuel trims.
You won't keep getting different stuff if there is no major changes to the motor. Again, I heard Jerry at BNR say the new stuff was coming.....
Well you can look at all the mods in my sig. I've logged and asked each time I added anything. Short tubes first, then Long tubes, cats, catback, etc. Never once have I gotten an update. I don't really care that much, I just don't understand the disparity between people with the same car and same mods.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #548
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
The thing with the how old is the tune is that many noticed that after the learn period the tune settles in which cause the HP+TQ to drop a little. A fresh flashed tune regardless of tweaked or back to stock gives our more HP. I've felt it so has many others.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
According to the tune experts in this thread that is not true. A tune should be good to go once installed and ran:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277042

The ECM will constantly adjust for short term fuel trims, but it should not lose power over time and then suddenly gain power after a reflash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I had heard that new revisions or at least some new things were on the horizon for Trifecta. I know Vince is constantly working on things and I know when I got my tune, it was all good. The quote was "Looks good!". It wasn't until I got my high flow cats and catback exhaust that I got another adjustment for my fuel trims.
You won't keep getting different stuff if there is no major changes to the motor. Again, I heard Jerry at BNR say the new stuff was coming.....
The only changes I've heard announced are enhancements to EZflash, but no tune enhancements. But hopefully there is more.

Been awhile since I've datalogged. Once it warms up a bit, I think I'll do that and see if I need any tweaks.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #549
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
This is really great, could come back with "just make it happen OTHER tuner"
There is a lot of data out there. This is just one forum. You need to find other data if you can't believe what you have.
Then post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
The point is they are selling the tune the whole time they are trying to get something out no independent testing

That is stalling in my mind.

This may be a great product, but in my experience when you have the next great thing you launch with gusto.

There is a lack of interest to make this comparison plain and simple.

"We are so busy we can't get the tune to anyone to compare". Ok we are so stupid to believe that lol.

Just make it happen IPF.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #550
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

The engines aren't exactly the same, but they are basically the same. It is hard for me to believe that with the LFX you can simply tune in 20 - 30 HP no problem, but on the LLT you can't go past 10 or so. Just my thoughts on the subject.
Are the getting that much from tune? Really haven't followed it. I found a 2012 1LT with 224 miles. Stickered for $23,900. Just found out I might have a connection with the dealer there. Might be able to get a better price. Kind of tempting haha. (It's even an auto. kinda need that with might bad back)
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #551
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I didn't think Korrosion's tune was free?? I don't remember that being said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Heres a deal, I have a donated tune available from IPF, I have a LLT vehicle that is stock available (not mine) 2011 RS Auto car I believe, I have a dyno that is available in Boca Raton, now if Trifecta will donate a tune we can get a real side by side comparison done. Base line dyno, load IPF, re dyno, swap back to stock and then load trifecta and dyno. To be fair, I will be sure same operating temps are maintained before each run. Thy Dyno is a mustang dyno. Heck, GM High Tech may even do a short article (no guarantee of that)

So lets get it done Trifecta, will you participate and donate a tune...
I assumed it was free with how Sycraft worded it.

So is this selectatune thing for LLT as well?? i hope its not too good to be true and yet another thing the LFX tune has over LLT LOL
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #552
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Since Vince can't post on here it is still nice to hear information from him. Even if its 2nd party.

Now going by all the posts It's to bad this topic has changed to a political one.

It's simple just need data from each one and everyone can decided what they want to use.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #553
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Since Vince can't post on here it is still nice to hear information from him. Even if its 2nd party.

Now going by all the posts It's to bad this topic has changed to a political one.

It's simple just need data from each one and everyone can decided what they want to use.
Vince could post here if he chose to support the forums. Unless there's some ban I didn't hear about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #554
SNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post

I'm sure it will get closed soon.
Personally I think no mater what people will try to shoot holes in it. Doesn't matter if it's dyno or track numbers.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #555
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Holes are possible with anything. BNR was trying to be the voice of Vince and the thing turned into a Clinton parable what is the meaning "We". Vince won't post he is the lab guy and would guess more of an intravert and doesn't like posting. I get that he just does his thing.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #556
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
LOL. If you read it was we tune,we can do this, but then he posted he has to send stuff to Vince. Contradicts itself. Just looking for if Jerry could do all the "we" stuff. If you read it,kinda misleading. He could easily have said he sends things to Vince instead of insinuating he did it. Vendors make claims all the time,and get called out when they can't do what they say,why should he be any different? Call it what you will. But this thread is about IPF and Vince proving what they say,same difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Holes are possible with anything. BNR was trying to be the voice of Vince and the thing turned into a Clinton parable what is the meaning "We". Vince won't post he is the lab guy and would guess more of an intravert and doesn't like posting. I get that he just does his thing.
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #557
SNV

We will all agree that competition is a great thing for us. I'm sorry but I never remember seeing vendors slam another like has been done in this thread. It might look I'm taking IPF's side on their tune. I'm not at this point. I'm sure a side by side will be done. I don't expect to see it done overnight as others do. Pushing the issue as some have done only draws more drama. Sorry but I see no reason why the LFX upgrade should have even been bought up in this thread. I can think of a few reason why it would be, But I'll keep them thoughts to myself. It would only cause more drama to post them. I think some should take a step back and really read and think about some of the posts. These are only my thoughts as more as a member wanting more info. As I said a few times. I am not tuned yet. I would only buy at right cost due to the gains are not as I hoped for. After my timing chain issue (posted in timing chain issues thread) I'm on the fence on upgrading to a 2012 or 2013 right now. So I would be looking at another tune.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #558
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 RJT View Post
LOL. If you read it was we tune,we can do this, but then he posted he has to send stuff to Vince. Contradicts itself. Just looking for if Jerry could do all the "we" stuff. If you read it,kinda misleading. He could easily have said he sends things to Vince instead of insinuating he did it. Vendors make claims all the time,and get called out when they can't do what they say,why should he be any different? Call it what you will. But this thread is about IPF and Vince proving what they say,same difference.
Yes you win on a technicality. So should we silence the only person in direct contact to Vince and his tunes. Vince isn't going to post I can promise that as it really isn't his style. Just let BNR have a voice and just pretend when he says us he is saying us as a group. Hope that helps you sleep.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #559
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
I talk long and hard with Vince all the time, I make suggestions to him on what features we should try to develop for different markets. Just like I suggest to ZZP, Bad Mab, Forge, etc. what parts I think would be a hit in certain markets.

I've never once tried to insinuate that I do any of the tuning.

We've got selectable tunes working on the LFX now and the guys that are testing it for us love it. I said Vince, we need this for the LLT too. Those guys would love it. I convinced him today to agree that if the selectatune is a hit on the LFX that he would implement it on the LLT. That's where I get we from.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #560
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
I talk long and hard with Vince all the time, I make suggestions to him on what features we should try to develop for different markets. Just like I suggest to ZZP, Bad Mab, Forge, etc. what parts I think would be a hit in certain markets.

I've never once tried to insinuate that I do any of the tuning.

We've got selectable tunes working on the LFX now and the guys that are testing it for us love it. I said Vince, we need this for the LLT too. Those guys would love it. I convinced him today to agree that if the selectatune is a hit on the LFX that he would implement it on the LLT. That's where I get we from.
Jerry I for one appreciate all that your doing for us here. Any word on the Launch Control for the M6 yet?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III