Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Perhaps Fbodfather would like to chime in at some point...I think that Scott may be able to shed some light on this interior situation now that spy shots are out. Even if it's just a smiple "You're looking at it", or "It will get better." statement.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #44
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!

Yes, as Scott has said in the past "Keep the Faith" and I will. But check out this photo, I'm wondering what car that is on the bottom left, looks like a.... station wagon????

On the topic again....sort of... The numbers are out... I saw that Ford's title as #2 auto seller in America has been relinquished by Toyota. GM is still #1 and from what I've been seeing, will be for a long time. I trust them....fully...that this car will be flawless.
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #45
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Okay I read closer and it says this:

"One of our European operatives caught this full stable of high- performance Holden test cars--including the new Camaro--between Denmark and Sweden, en route to the frigid arctic circle testing grounds."

IT'S. IN. THE. COUNTRYYYYYY!!!!!!

Damn I wish I had way more time and money on my hands, because I'd love to just go up north and stake out the test tracks up there. (well actually just money, have tons of time on my hands)
Old 01-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #46
evilmaro

Drives: 5th gen in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
The only problem I have with these interior shots...........

WHY is it so dirty?!? WHY WHY WHY?!?!? :(
ha ha, ya it looks like someone was purposely kicking the doors at the bottom

I think it looks awesome though
evilmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #47
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Man, good job GM...you stayed TRUE to the form on the outside...it looks GREAT!!! Even the B-Piller is hidden so no big deal.

What I noticed, the seats are a bit on the thin side but that does not mean they are not comfortable (while this is NOT...I repeat NOT a concern, lol).

Personally, I'm not a fan of the interior while I've never seen it close. I love the Camaro because it's FUTURE-retro, not RETRO-Future (aka the Mustang) but the inside is more retro-future than I'd like personally. With that said it's still early and I'm still not worried about it because the outside is sooooooo good looking that I probably could deal with it.

While, again...back and forth...lol...

We don't drive from the outside of the car but inside so GM, I know it's early but I think the interior needs more work.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #48
Brent87LT1
Sarcastic

Drives: like a maniac!
The biggest problem I see with the interior is I am not sitting in it!
Brent87LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #49
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Wait, I almost forgot...

Gentlemen (and any ladies out there), this beast looks FREAKEN GREAT...

A MEAN LOOKING MACHINE, just like sports cars should be!

GM, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that thing KILLS!!!!!!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/03/b...n-the-camaros/
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #50
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
I don't like the gauge faces. The concept had cool aluminum looking light up gauge faces and this prototype appears to be employing 1980s technology for them. I don't mean to be too harsh, but I'll be honest... the gauge faces are terrible. Please don't do them like that GM. It looks old fashioned just like the gauges in my 2002 Corolla.

Do something unique, like make the current MPH and RPM numbers light up digitally when you are going that speed, instead of the ole' use some bulbs and light up everything trick auto makers have been doing for years. Staring at a flat black background with white and dull red increments isn't fun anymore. Of course... I could just be seeing things. Maybe they are awesome upclose like the concept's were.

Otherwise... I rather like the interior, though it would benefit from some leather wrapping.

Last edited by Brangeta; 01-03-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #51
coolcamaroZ28
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2010SS/1995 Z28/2005 CTSV/2007 TBSS
I'm sure everything will look great in person. I'm really glad to see a key dangling from the steering column, I HATE the push-button start (nowhere to put your keys when in the car!)...
coolcamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #52
wshnonastar

Drives: 2007 Saturn Ion
What a perfect ending to a rough day. I am soooo stoked about these shots.
I can't wait to share them with my fellow Camaro buds at work. They don't know what they are missing not being on this site.
I agree the interior looks dirty, but come on, this is one of the mules. Aren't all mules dirty? I expect that the finished product will be no less than perfect.
As was said earlier....The only problem I have with the interior is that I am not sitting in it.

wshnonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #53
KoolAID

Drives: 2008 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hftech View Post

Yes, as Scott has said in the past "Keep the Faith" and I will. But check out this photo, I'm wondering what car that is on the bottom left, looks like a.... station wagon????

On the topic again....sort of... The numbers are out... I saw that Ford's title as #2 auto seller in America has been relinquished by Toyota. GM is still #1 and from what I've been seeing, will be for a long time. I trust them....fully...that this car will be flawless.
Is that a prototype el Camino on top right???
KoolAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #54
Outrun

Drives: ...
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #55
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Don't worry about that smooth plastic on the dash. They are making sure that the molds are perfect before they do the "graining". They get one chance to do that at the very end before production and everything has to be absolutely right with every part first. Sure does look like RubberMaid until they get the texture though eh? That white exteriour rear shot is exactly what you'll see in production as the base model, and keep in mind that white is almost every car's worst color, especially one that's big and blocky like the Camaro, so just WAIT till you see the black one! You're going to about die and go to heaven!
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #56
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Just a question...and don't take this harshly (because that's not how I typed it)

But....who are you?

"
That white exteriour rear shot is exactly what you'll see in production as the base model"