Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 08-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #365
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by railgun View Post
Hardly. B-D has nothing to do with whether it looks good or not.

I've always been a huge fan of Camaros. 69s (natch) and the 76-78s in particular. I wasn't that suprised that this was coming back and really liked the first pics and specs around it, but like everyone else, it's a massively failed attempt at what's supposed to be a mid-tier sports car. Would I have considered picking up one? Sure, but at a incredulous 3800# for the SS...that's wholely unnecessary.

I agree with whoever said they can't wait for the big three to go tits up. It's inevitable at this point. I'll stick with my European and Japanese makes. Bitch all you want, there's a reason they sell.
The $65,000 M3 weighs 3800# 414hp/295tq

The $38,000 SS weighs $3860# 422hp/408tq.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #366
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Quote:

I've always been a huge fan of Camaros. 69s (natch) and the 76-78s in particular. I wasn't that suprised that this was coming back and really liked the first pics and specs around it, but like everyone else, it's a massively failed attempt at what's supposed to be a mid-tier sports car. Would I have considered picking up one? Sure, but at a incredulous 3800# for the SS...that's wholely unnecessary.

I agree with whoever said they can't wait for the big three to go tits up. It's inevitable at this point. I'll stick with my European and Japanese makes. Bitch all you want, there's a reason they sell.
I have done 2 LONG years of research on 3 BMW forums and found A TON of VERY unhappy people with the N54 bi-turbo.

I was VERY VERY close to buying a $43k 135i manual but many of them are having the same issues the 335i has and is having.

After looking at the CTS and G8 I think GM has finally come up in quality.

Toyota is having ALOT of recalls and problems.

European cars: BMW, AUDI, MB have ALOT of problems.

May I ask why you are on this forums anyways???

I WILL buy a 2010 SS LS3 in 2009 and am SURE the quality will be equal or better then a BMW.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #367
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
The $65,000 M3 weighs 3800# 414hp/295tq

The $38,000 SS weighs $3860# 422hp/408tq.
Planning on getting a 2SS vert I see . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #368
railgun

Drives: 93 RX-7 and 07 335i
Wow...looks like I hit the sciatic with you guys.

I'm glad you all assumed what I'm about, but that's not something for me to care about.

Feel free to remove my account if the mods here, of whom some have PMd me for no reason whatsoever, care that much. Which apparently they do.

But please leave my posts. I want to reference them when I come back to say I told ya so.

railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #369
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:

I'm glad you all assumed what I'm about, but that's not something for me to care about.

Feel free to remove my account if the mods here, of whom some have PMd me for no reason whatsoever, care that much. Which apparently they do.

But please leave my posts. I want to reference them when I come back to say I told ya so.

If there is a misunderstanding, please make your side of things clearer. And you don't have to worry about us removing your posts.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #370
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
OK, I am a litle confused...the LS3 in the vette has a 430 hp rating at 5900 RPM, while the SS has a 422 hp rating at 5000 RPM, what am I missing here? Is it seriously underrated co,pared to the vette??
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #371
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgsavujr View Post
OK, I am a litle confused...the LS3 in the vette has a 430 hp rating at 5900 RPM, while the SS has a 422 hp rating at 5000 RPM, what am I missing here? Is it seriously underrated co,pared to the vette??
Check out this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5935

There's a link to an article in the first post.

It will show you whats up with the Camaro's LS3.... In great detail.

For comparison, heres a motor trend article on the 2008 Corvette LS3.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...ine/index.html

Enjoy!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #372
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgsavujr View Post
Hmm, thats more power than the LS3 makes at those revs so its not exactly under rated.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #373
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Quote:

Just really wondering why you are here ???????

I am a member on 3 BMW forums but don't go there dissing the 135i or 335i much. I check in now and then, but not daily like I use to.

TOO BAD BMW can't fix the HP fuel pump problems along with the new program that NOW causes lag until 3,000 rpm's on the N54.

I could make a huge list of problems but I won't.

Why are you here??????
Old 08-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #374
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Quote:

Quote:
It's not supposed to be a mid-tier sports car? And the spec sheet didn't say it was 3800#?

Quote:

Everyone its ok let little Mr. Imports have his fun. But this about this: you little 335i doesnt ever stand a chance against the v6. I dont know whether you have the coupe or the sedan but both only make 300hp, and they're already turbocharged. And get this the sedan weighs in at 3600lbs with the coupe coming in at 3571lb and those are without your sport packages. So I dont think you should be one to say even a single word. When the LT auto comes in at 3750. Now I dont think you little excuse for a german car stands a chance.

BTW: your Mazda is an American car, not an Import

BTW: Beemers are for people would couldnt afford a Benzo. So there isnt much to brag about now is there. Now run along befor the Beemer Hunter Finds you.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #375
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
Everyone its ok let little Mr. Imports have his fun. But this about this: you little 335i doesnt ever stand a chance against the v6. I dont know whether you have the coupe or the sedan but both only make 300hp, and they're already turbocharged. And get this the sedan weighs in at 3600lbs with the coupe coming in at 3571lb and those are without your sport packages. So I dont think you should be one to say even a single word. When the LT auto comes in at 3750. Now I dont think you little excuse for a german car stands a chance.

BTW: your Mazda is an American car, not an Import

BTW: Beemers are for people would couldnt afford a Benzo. So there isnt much to brag about now is there. Now run along befor the Beemer Hunter Finds you.
Hummmmmm????? Didn't I read in Motor Trend while testing a twin turbo BMW automatic, they burned up he engine due to the fact, BMW only put oil coolers on the stick shift???? So much for great German know how.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #376
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
:troll:

He's gone and hiding just like every other coward in history

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #377
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
That's enough.
Further replies will be deleted.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #378
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

WHY can't I click the different colors to see the car in that color???

I could 2 days ago???

I am on a fence on white, orange, red, grey, yellow.

Probably with stripes.