Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #71
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally

Whew... damn near jerked a tear out of my eye. Your post described so much of how I feel about this car.

You did a good job of trying to describe the "spirit" oozing out of the Camaro.

I still struggle for words to describe how this car has a "presence" about it. I only get the same feeling when I stand next to legendary muscle cars of the glory days. I don't know what it is about this new Camaro, but the damned thing gives me goose bumps just looking at it.

One more round of applause from me for GM.......
Old 09-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #72
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Great personal review and write-up of your experience with the car. I always enjoy something that is well written and given from the perspective of an actual owner/driver and not some inane drivel spewed forth by somebody who bases all their supposed knowledge of a car based on things they have read or heard second-hand.

Congrats and its great to know how happy your are with the car. The more things I hear like this, the more sure I am that my next daily driver will be a Gen5 Camaro.

Of course, I don't want to let down all of my fans on this board:

Quote:
-- but I don't ever recall a car that's garnered this much attention.
Well, I can think of one model.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #73
IAPCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss
Great write up and right on the money. I have a ss/rs 6 speed, and it is smokin fast and I smoked a new mustang the other day.
IAPCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #74
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
That was a great "real world" review. I finally got to drive one last Friday. A 2 SS, manual trans, Summit White with black leather, sunroof, and polished wheels...very striking car! All I can say, really, is the minute I sat in the car, adjusted the seat and mirrors, turned the key, put it in gear and started to drive, I just knew. It was that sweeet. Its hard to explain. The car is part of you. It doesn't feel heavy like a Challenger. It drives so taut and refined, and ready to pounce with all that HP under the hood. I will prolly wait til next spring, but man, after finally driving this jewel, its really hard not to get one NOW. This car ROCKS! Thanks to Scott Settlemire and the entire GM design and engineering staff for producing a car that they can extremely proud of...now if I could just wipe this "perma-grin" off my face....
Old 09-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #75
BluIce

Drives: Corvette Z06
Corvette vs Camaro

Great article - Enjoyed reading it.
I went to the dealers to order a Camaro, saw a blue Z06 Corvette and came home with the Vet, however I still ordered the Camaro. You are correct the Vet is wicked fast. Again, you are correct the Camaro rides nice. In all fairness the Vet has a totally different suspension.

Name:  100_2657.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  123.2 KB
BluIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #76
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluIce View Post
I went to the dealers to order a Camaro, saw a blue Z06 Corvette and came home with the Vet, however I still ordered the Camaro. You are correct the Vet is wicked fast. Again, you are correct the Camaro rides nice. In all fairness the Vet has a totally different suspension.

Attachment 55780
Go on... rub it in!

j/k
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #77
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluIce View Post
Thank you! I didn't intend for the review to be a Camaro v. Corvette story...but that's really the closest thing I could compare to it, so I was just so impressed, that's what I kept referring to.

If only we all had the ability to order two cars at the same time...I would!

And yes, the Vette does have a different style of suspension. I hope I didn't sound like I was knocking it, because I wasn't; I actually find the leaf-springs intriguing. Again, I was just floored as to how similarly the Camaro seemed to handle, while still providing that Cadillac-ride quality.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #78
jlnx2 LS3

Drives: Black/Black M6 LS3 Delivered
Own one, drive one, love one!

I will also echo this reaction to the drive. I have had my SS/RS M6 since 8/22/09 (ordered 10/29/08!!) Picked up with 3 miles on odo. Has 435 great, fun miles now! The reaction when parked is one of 'wow-love the car' It is a FANTASTIC car to drive. Response:AAA+, Ride: AAA+, Performance: All I can handle. It was worth the wait and I know this car is a big time winner!
jlnx2 LS3
jlnx2 LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #79
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Hahah...

JOE!!! Sorry it took me so long to get over here and read your post.

And yes. Joe is a very intelligent and rational guy. And had quite convincingly argued that the Camaro was not for him. With difficulty but still successfully he had decided to go another way. I did my best to tell him, "get what works for you." And "you won't be disappointed with the vette if that's what you want."

So Yes, I tried to communicate the other side of the coin but in truth I made little ground with my friend Joe...

That is until the call I got from him about his test drive.... And all was well in the world again...

Great write up Joe... STILL can't wait to get mine.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 AM   #80
TitanTerry

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2LT, RS, ABM
Great write-up! Hope to be sitting in mine this week
2LT, RS, Auto, AMB, Silver Rally stripes, Blk interior.
TitanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #81
rayainsw

Drives: G8 GT\Corvette Coupe [ gone ]
vs G8 GT...

"I went in there expecting the car to feel as detached and “soft” as I thought the G8 GT was. I drove home still shocked and awed by how much this car felt like the Corvette…I really cannot believe it."

Interesting review.
I drive a 2009 G8 GT – currently at just over 12,000 miles.
And I drove a 2007 Corvette Coupe – for over 30,000 miles.
Personally, I do not find the G8 GT “soft” or detached.
If the Z28, with a version of the CTS-v’s LSA does become
available – at a reasonable price - that car will be on my short list.
Thanks for writing this.
- Ray
Quite happy, for now, with the G8 GT . . .
rayainsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #82
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
"I went in there expecting the car to feel as detached and “soft” as I thought the G8 GT was. I drove home still shocked and awed by how much this car felt like the Corvette…I really cannot believe it."

Interesting review.
I drive a 2009 G8 GT – currently at just over 12,000 miles.
And I drove a 2007 Corvette Coupe – for over 30,000 miles.
Personally, I do not find the G8 GT “soft” or detached.
If the Z28, with a version of the CTS-v’s LSA does become
available – at a reasonable price - that car will be on my short list.
Thanks for writing this.
- Ray
Quite happy, for now, with the G8 GT . . .
I'm sorry I missed this!!!
I didn't mean to insult the G8...I really like the car. And if I were in the market for a 4-door sports car...I'd be in a GXP without hesitation.

I drove the G8 GT twice. Once at Indianapolis, where we got to take it around of the the infield tracks at non-racing speeds, and once on a real test-drive. It just didn't feel sporty enough for me. The power was there...but it wasn't in-your-face there, at least in my opinion. And the suspension came off very luxurious. Which isn't a bad thing, but it wasn't what I was looking for -- that's what I meant by soft and detached.

The Camaro's suspension is luxurious, you can feel it on bumpy roads...but when it came to handling, it was far more like a Corvette than a G8 GT.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #83
rayainsw

Drives: G8 GT\Corvette Coupe [ gone ]
insult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm sorry I missed this!!!
I didn't mean to insult the G8...:
I did not take it as an insult.
Just a bit surprised...
When will you be taking delivery?
- Ray
Respectful of the Camaro...
rayainsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #84
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
When will you be taking delivery?
- Ray
Heh...not for some time. Two years at least...3 if I absolutely have to.