Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #43
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
'Toyota has said those vehicles could accelerate out of control because the gas pedal is prone to being entrapped by the floor mat."

Who hasn't had a floor mat bunch up on them but it usually just stops you from pushing the pedal down. Never had a pedal get stuck.

They must be using some goofy setup ehy?

their "official" statement of the gas pedal being stuck in the floor mat is a load of

why would you need to recall the entire vehicle for the floor mats? when a TSB could be issued and customers notified to remove the floor mats until another set was procured.

this isnt a floor mat issue, or even a "too-long" gas pedal. its a programming error with the electronic throttle body.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #44
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Indeed...quite the one, two...three, four, five....punch!

What's strange, though, is that I actually never expected Toyota to suffer this many um...'problems'. Huh. Whatever, I'm happy. More reason to buy a good GM or Ford.
There is a difference between us and them. GM has been making this amount of vehicles for years. Toyota is just now learning what it's really like to be...BIG! So big that you just cannot control everything. Their rapid growth will be their downfall if they don't get this under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
their "official" statement of the gas pedal being stuck in the floor mat is a load of

why would you need to recall the entire vehicle for the floor mats? when a TSB could be issued and customers notified to remove the floor mats until another set was procured.

this isnt a floor mat issue, or even a "too-long" gas pedal. its a programming error with the electronic throttle body.
Completely agree with you there. That was a load of S***! Another cover-up by Toyota, so they can save that stupid quality BS!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #45
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
There is a difference between us and them. GM has been making this amount of vehicles for years. Toyota is just now learning what it's really like to be...BIG! So big that you just cannot control everything. Their rapid growth will be their downfall if they don't get this under control.

Completely agree with you there. That was a load of S***! Another cover-up by Toyota, so they can save that stupid quality BS!

I said this same thing 60,000 times to some guy in another topic here and he argued with me and called me "retarded" for saying this.

Welcome to the club!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #46
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
heres a video talking about this. hope it helps
Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #47
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
GLAD toyota has problems. Can't stand that stupid 'BEEP BEEP" alarm that goes off EVERY FREAKING time a LEXUS OWNER walks up to their stupid vehicle.

BEEP BEEP (oh i am walking up to my lexus now) i have to BEEP BEEP so people know when i am going somewhere in my car.

BEEP BEEP ( I am special i have a lexus and a $900 car payment)

BEEP BEEP (my tiny small lexus SUV is so fun to drive and has no headroom or any kind of room to transport anything)

BEEP BEEP (i am leaving for work now in my lexus)

BEEP BEEP (I am leaving for no reason except to BEEP BEEP people who were asleep 2 seconds ago)

BEEP BEEP (HOPE toyota continues to get 8 million recalls so that "beep beep" sound effect quietly goes away)

BEEP BEEP (IF YOU ARE GOING TO BEEP BEEP me, sorry I cannot have empathy for your sticking gas pedal.) TURN THE BEEP BEEP CRAP off please.

GO FREAKING BEEP YOURSELF and STICK YOUR KEY FOB UP YOUR _____ .

AND GET LOST TOYOTA.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR BLAND FLAVORLESS RETARDED LOOKING CARS.

I've said it repeatedly. Toyota makes me sick. Ideally, every company would aspire to build cars that their employees can be proud to drive. Toyota was known for reliability. You could still say this is true. In fact, you can rely on your Toyota to get recalled or cause a collision. You can't really call it an accident. It was an accident the first time. Now, it is incompetence. Management is incompetent to avoid these disasters. Quality control is incompetent for sleeping on the job. Assembly line workers are incompetent in building the cars. Engineers are incompetent in designing the cars. They are pieces of work because there is no pride in the brand. Even Hyundai, a performance-lacking abyss of poor design and mediocre products—a joke to enthusiasts everywhere—showed their pride in building the Genesis, perhaps a beginning as its name would imply, for the brand's serious participation in racing. Toyota, meanwhile, builds TRDs—turds if your will—that can't even compete with the base performers in divisions that it exists. The divisions lacking TRDs—turds—should have such products to bring pride to a brand that once contained quality tuner products, like the Supra and the MR2.

Since its glory days, if you could go so far as to call any of Toyota's days glorious, Toyota has made a phenomenal name for itself in sales. There is no room for disrespecting a well-run business. The Toyota marketing machine took over the American market with reliability. The cars were said to last forever. The engineering was masterful. Unfortunately, these same standards did not apply to the products when Toyota decided that it should be the world's leading manufacturer. Suddenly, recalls became the norm.

This year, Toyota would have surpassed its primary rival in excellence, but an embarrassing array of recalls may just be enough to get Toyota to start acting like a respectable company. I don't hate Toyota. I just expect more from a company that big. When you have the money, you should use it wisely. Build it right the first time as frequently as you can. Build it with good parts and skilled labor, preferably from among your friends, neighbors, and buyers. Toyota has failed to live up to this standard in so many ways. It is my hope that Toyota can refresh itself and begin to earn some respect.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #48
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
LA Times: Toyota found to keep tight lid on potential safety problems

LA Times: Toyota found to keep tight lid on potential safety problems

A Times investigation shows the world's largest automaker has delayed recalls and attempted to blame human error in cases where owners claimed vehicle defects.

Quote:
A peerless reputation for quality and safety has helped Toyota become the world's largest automaker. But even as its sales have soared, the company has delayed recalls, kept a tight lid on disclosure of potential problems and attempted to blame human error in cases where owners claimed vehicle defects.

The automaker's handling of safety issues has come under scrutiny in recent months because of incidents of sudden acceleration in Toyota and Lexus vehicles, which The Times has reported were involved in accidents causing 19 fatalities since 2001, more deaths from that problem than all other automakers combined.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,5601716.story
Old 12-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #49
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Well, if they were open about all the problems their cars have, they wouldn't have such a sparkling reputation, now would they.

And I still haven't been able to convince my step-mom that the sun doesn't shine out of their nether regions.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #50
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The media smells blood...

Excellent.........
Old 12-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #51
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

Excellent.........
Did y'all read the comments?

Bunch of butthurt toyota fans now getting a taste of what GM fans everywhere felt like a few years back.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #52
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
i still have a hard time convincing people toyota isnt any better than any other american company even with this evidence............. ahh america
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #53
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I remember a problem Ford had back in the 70's and 80's where their automatic transmissions would jump out of park and into reverse.. During one of the hearings the president of Ford asked why they didn't recall the cars, He stated it was not a defect but it was because the owners did not know how to put the cars into park and they were not being firm enough with the shift lever. Then he was asked why GM and Chrysler didn't have that problem, does Ford have all the stupid drivers? (unfortunately I bough a new Jeep in 1984 with the Chrysler automatic, and it would not stay in park either.. I never had that problem with any GM car or truck)

Sounds like Toyota is taking a page out of Fords playbook...
Old 12-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #54
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
poetic justice. Their cars are not nearly as great as they make them out to be.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #55
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:

Excellent.........
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #56
TheCaptain