Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #631
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
I'm a straight up whore for horsepower. If a supercharger gets me there faster with better manners then I'm all for it. I love the sound of a big cam hitting but it gets rough as a daily driver. My G8 GXP is my daily driver and when I sell it to get the Z/28 the Z/28 will be my daily driver.
I am too That about sums me up I think

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #632
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega

Ah jeeze, again im taken way out of context...just because i dislike forced induction doesnt mean im cutting down muscle cars guys, its just an oppinion that has to do with the LSA vs LS7 discussion going around, im not saying american cars are tuner cars, in fact im not even trying to compare muscle cars to tuner cars as much as im trying to compare the future Z/28 to the GT500 LOL
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #633
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post

Ah jeeze, again im taken way out of context...just because i dislike forced induction doesnt mean im cutting down muscle cars guys, its just an oppinion that has to do with the LSA vs LS7 discussion going around, im not saying american cars are tuner cars, in fact im not even trying to compare muscle cars to tuner cars as much as im trying to compare the future Z/28 to the GT500 LOL
i understand what you are saying
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #634
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
I'm a straight up whore for horsepower. If a supercharger gets me there faster with better manners then I'm all for it. I love the sound of a big cam hitting but it gets rough as a daily driver. My G8 GXP is my daily driver and when I sell it to get the Z/28 the Z/28 will be my daily driver.
Yeah, but is there really a substitute for a high lift cam "loping" along at idle through the parking lot? Slick, smooth horsepower with a lot of speed is nice, but I like to "feel" the high performance as well. I still miss my DZ302!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #635
rlhjr34

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Id guess $42-$47k...just a guess though, no real way of knowing til GM releases it

Seems like what I was thinking too. To compete with GT500 MSRP. Of course that is before the typical dealer mark up of 5-10K right off the bat too. You know those are going to come.
rlhjr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #636
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Yeah, but is there really a substitute for a high lift cam "loping" along at idle through the parking lot? Slick, smooth horsepower with a lot of speed is nice, but I like to "feel" the high performance as well. I still miss my DZ302!
Clyde
Very good point, really its been what ive been trying to say all along but kept getting shot down at every turn, lol, this is the same place im coming from, you gotta take into consideration that yeah these cars are gonna be AMAZING performers but how much of the time will they actually get pushed to that? 10%? 5%? the majority of these cars for the majority of their lives wont be doing over 80mph so personally id like to see that big mean @ss LS7 with a monsterous lopping hotcam, just like the LS7 SEMA Camaro (which btw reported 586hp with the cam swap alone, and we know GM can mass produce the engines like this) not to mention it'd be the best 60s throwback we've seen yet, with the monsterous sound and the 427 cubes

For all who dont know the magic
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #637
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I didnt think it was possible to make Yoda look gay....
I laughed so hard I...now that is funny!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #638
YellowFin

Drives: 2016 Colorado Z71
I went by my Chevy dealer today to talk about the Z28. Of course he said they haven't heard anything official yet. I tried to wheel and deal to get ready. He said he will sell it to me MSRP without markup when/if it comes out. I can't wait for more official information. This is exciting!
2010 Camaro SS

Current:
2016 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 in black
2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS in red
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #639
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
supercharging and turboing where made for muscle cars..lol
I remember the first time I saw a big block with a big ol' 6-71(I believe that's correct) on it...110% pure mean!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #640
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Clyde
A supercharger whine!
A turbo blow off!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #641
GM4lyfe
A GM nut-swinger!

Drives: A Car
Quote:

Allright, allright, next time speak english!

Quote:
Quote:
Clyde
Quote:
Very good point, really its been what ive been trying to say all along but kept getting shot down at every turn, lol, this is the same place im coming from, you gotta take into consideration that yeah these cars are gonna be AMAZING performers but how much of the time will they actually get pushed to that? 10%? 5%? the majority of these cars for the majority of their lives wont be doing over 80mph so personally id like to see that big mean @ss LS7 with a monsterous lopping hotcam, just like the LS7 SEMA Camaro (which btw reported 586hp with the cam swap alone, and we know GM can mass produce the engines like this) not to mention it'd be the best 60s throwback we've seen yet, with the monsterous sound and the 427 cubes

I understand what you all are saying.
But again manufactures have to build cars that fit the common folk. They spend crap tons of money just to make cars refined. They add all those engine covers, insulate the manifolds, add silancers to the intakes and all that BS. We'll never see the days of manufactures comming out with cars that shake the fenders off of cars, when you turn the key it make men, women and children pee in their pants.:(
GM4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:30 AM   #642
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
Quote:

I was not intending to shoot your opinion down with my statement. Hell, I would have agreed with you up until a few weeks ago. Right now I'm in the process of tuning my brothers 99 Camaro (used to be mine...hence the screen name) and it's got a 408 with a stout (242/250 .615"/.615" 114 LSA) cam in it. It puts around 525 rwhp to the ground through a 3600 stall. It sounds so cool I can't describe it but, there are some minor issues that I'm not too crazy about that would suck for a daily driver. It bucks a little when in high gears cruising around 1400/1500 RPMs and the exhaust smell gets old after a while too.
Like I said in my previous post, I love the sound of a badass N/A motor but, I want a car that is putting down around 550 to 600 to the ground not at the crank, and I think that starts getting into the realm of asking a lot from a N/A motor and street manors. That's why I'm leaning towards the supercharged version.
From a pure nostalgic point, having a 427 under the hood would be VERY cool. But, I'm selfish and picky and I want a lot of horsepower and perfect driveability.
That's just my $.02.
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #643
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri020 View Post

Motor trend article....

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 is GO!

"GM design chief Ed Welburn confirmed to us at the Frankfurt Show that the Camaro Z28 program is back on track. As we (Motortrend)reported back in April, the Z28 was basically completed, with the design signed off, but the final engineering and certification work was put on hold as GM's financial situation spun out of control.

Hmmmmm What if what Motortrend reported on in April is not what Mr. Welburn was talking about now..... Mr. Welburn appears to just be saying the Z/28 is back on track but it does not say that he said anything about what the Z/28 will be. What if Motortrend is just assuming.......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #644
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Hmmmmm What if what Motortrend reported on in April is not what Mr. Welburn was talking about now..... Mr. Welburn appears to just be saying the Z/28 is back on track but it does not say that he said anything about what the Z/28 will be. What if Motortrend is just assuming.......
The design is all but set in stone. And there WILL be a Z28, that much is clear...

what nobody knows, is exactly what the car is going to be. A CTS-V clone? Or something else? On this, I agree, I think Motortrend is just assuming.

Tags
2012 camaro z28, 2012 z28, camaro z28, new camaro z28, new z28, z28