Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
Exhaust Question

Ok guys/gals:

Surprisingly, I am mechanically inclined. Just not in the area of pony car modifications.

This car is my toy. Not an every day car at all. Will probably put less than 5K miles a year on it. Will store all winter. I'm getting it because I have always appreciated the muscle car look and feel, and I relate to the type of people that drive them (vs. say the ricer or 'vette crouds).

I want a car that oooooozes testosterone. And after a working all week, I want to let off some steam (and I don't have to go over 100 MPH to do it).

I don't need a car that handles like a Porche or is as fast as a 'Vette. Just give me a car that handles reasonably well and has some guts. Fortunately, the Camaro (w/ 426HP) qualifies at an affordable price.

So here is my question.....

This car's reasonable price has left a chunk of change for me to do some mods. I got about 5K to play with. I don't need added HP (but won't turn it away either). But what I want is the best SOUND. Loud, deap, vibrating.

Without voiding the warranty, what do you think is the best bang for the buck within my 5K price range? Also, any recomendations in the Pittsburgh area as to where to have it done?
Your Camaro's traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wonderous land who's boundaries are that of imagination. Your Camaro's next stop........AREA 51.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
cheesesauce

Drives: 2SS/RS
So you wrote that long novel all to say you want to put an exhaust on your car. Awesome. Well if you would just read like I and other forum members do you will find that there are only a couple choices out right now. Try using the search feature and searching on YouTube instead of making pointless threads. Thanks!
cheesesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
..to the op...I think unless you go with GM you will void part of the warranty...give me a minute and I'll get you some links of some exhaust that has been put on here...

http://slpcamaro.com/

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...+henry+exhaust

Last edited by ljustin293; 05-21-2009 at 07:58 PM.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
^^added links... these are the best i've heard so far
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesauce View Post
So you wrote that long novel all to say you want to put an exhaust on your car. Awesome. Well if you would just read like I and other forum members do you will find that there are only a couple choices out right now. Try using the search feature and searching on YouTube instead of making pointless threads. Thanks!
There is much more than just a few choices. If you would take the time to read my list and visit the Wiki page you would know......

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14723
Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
The latest thing I've hears is the noweeds cut-outs.

Factory sound all day, hit a switch and be loud.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
vega$
Dreaming Big!

Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
The latest thing I've hears is the noweeds cut-outs.

Factory sound all day, hit a switch and be loud.
+1. Best mod so far IMO. SUPER LOUD / ON and OFF switch / more HP and TQ
vega$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
Quote:
Sorry my NOVEL was sooooo inconvenient for you. I guess I just don't have your wonderful expertise in this area.

My points:
(1) anything besides exhaust enhancements that would fit in my budget, and
(2) whom in the Pittsburgh area that is reputable to do the work.
Your Camaro's traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wonderous land who's boundaries are that of imagination. Your Camaro's next stop........AREA 51.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
Quote:

easy there newbie
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Good post!!! Let us know what you decide on. There's quite a few exhaust options to choose from already!! IMHO the best sound is (TWO) Throttle Wide Open!!
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro4me View Post
Sorry my NOVEL was sooooo inconvenient for you. I guess I just don't have your wonderful expertise in this area.

My points:
(1) anything besides exhaust enhancements that would fit in my budget, and
(2) whom in the Pittsburgh area that is reputable to do the work.
The link I provided in my post above has a really long list of performance mods.
Also, for cosmetic modifications you can visit the aftermarket section in the Camaro5 Wiki on my signature.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #12
ejktben

Drives: 2010 camaro ss1 w/rs ls3 sim
tom henry racing
Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #13
davidj

Drives: .
Quote:
The point is, he wants to get a great exhaust sys and has 5k to spend.

1camaro4me; There are some cool vids showing some good systems, check those links out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21289
Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega$ View Post
+1. Best mod so far IMO. SUPER LOUD / ON and OFF switch / more HP and TQ
+2

Best mod that shouldn't effect your warranty. Only other thing I could think of is the Cold Air Intake, but that won't change the exhaust notes.

Once you start going into the internals, kiss your warranty goodbye. I remember reading that if you change the tune, you also void the warranty. I haven't seen anything official from GM about that tho.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote