Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Any reason you are doing that extensive of a suspension rebuild for a street car? Lowering springs would accomplish what you want to do, and save you a ton of money.
If all you want to do is lower the car then drop springs will work great.

However if you want to significantly improve the handling of your street car, and give you the flexibility to dial in your settings from fun and comfortable street car to track monster, coilovers are absolutely the way to go!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #16
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
If all you want to do is lower the car then drop springs will work great.

However if you want to significantly improve the handling of your street car, and give you the flexibility to dial in your settings from fun and comfortable street car to track monster, coilovers are absolutely the way to go!
I agree fully, I have coilovers myself, would have gone with yours, but needed them sooner and wanted external reservoirs. Either way, I have Pfadt parts, and can say that the quality on them is great. I have no experience with Pedders, but I am sure they make a nice product as well. I have Eibach R2s and they are also great quality.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
Matt @ RX

Pfadt !!!

I added the subframe bushings and could not tell the difference in the road noise at all. I'm running their full STREET suspension, car has been a best of 1.39 60' at the track with DOT drag radials . On the 18" C6Z rims last year on street Mickey's it went a best of 1.41 60'...And then a best of 9.87 @ 136.5 in the 1/4 mile, stock bottom end, with all STREET Pfadt components.

Pfadt Street Coilovers w/ Drag Springs
Pfadt Billet 6061 Subframe Bushing Set
Pfadt Poly Bushing Set (All around)
Pfadt Trailing Arms
Pfadt Adjustable Toe Rods
Pfadt Rear Drag Sway Bar
Pfadt HD Quiet End Links

Go with a proven company, proven results, and drag/road race their own support vehicles! Pfadt suspension components piloted Jay McCardle (4DRush) in his IRS Corvette with stock cubes to a 1.20 60' years ago !!!

I know the Pfadt product line for Camaros & Corvettes quite extensively, if you have any questions please let me know or for ordering information!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
JHall651

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Ashen Grey
I have been reading on here that there are some upgrades that can cause noise until they are "broke in" like some of the spherical type bearing upgrades. I absolutely do not want to have to deal with any noise at all. Not even "break in" noise. I want to install and have it drive way better than stock with out trading in the drivability. Is there anything in the Stage 4 package that could cause any "break in" noise or additional noise at all for that matter.
2012 2SS/RS, Magna TVS2300, RX Catch Can, Borla S-Type, Pfadt Stage 4 w/ ZL Spec Sway Bars, ADM Custom Boost/AFR Gauges, Hurst Short Throw, Forgestar F14 Matte Black 20x11 & 20x9.5 Deep Concave all 4, Nitto Invo 315/35 & 275/40, Heritage Grill, Sparks Black Grill SS & Trunk SS, P13W Fog Lights (cool white) w/ DRL Harness, Blacked Out Brake light bezels, Xpel Smoke Light Kit
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Whenever you go to a stiffer suspension, NVH is affected. So, basically everything in that kit has the potential to increase noise levels in the cabin.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #20
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I would do PFADT coilovers for sure! and i would go with BMR or Pedders for everything else
Old 11-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Pedders. Customer service is second to none!

Not only that, but yeah...the parts do what they are intended to do. Look who won GM's High Performance product award at Sema....

Yep.

Pedders.

Guess what I have in my car.

Yep.

Pedders.

Full on suspension and it is absolutely AWESOME.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #22
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
I have Pfadt sway bars front and rear along with Pfadt springs. Pedders sway bars going in along with Pedders coilovers, radius bushing and cradle bushings. Like Tag said customer service is number 1 in my book and my local shop is a Pedders dealer.

Both great companies but I'm choosing Pedders
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #23
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Haven't heard anything bad about Pfadt, but I went with the Pedders justice package. Car ride is amazing, and customer service is top notch. JusticePete is very active here on the forum, and can give you all the technical info. Shoot him a PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #24
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Pedders. Customer service is second to none!

Not only that, but yeah...the parts do what they are intended to do. Look who won GM's High Performance product award at Sema....

Yep.

Pedders.

Guess what I have in my car.

Yep.

Pedders.

Full on suspension and it is absolutely AWESOME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
I have Pfadt sway bars front and rear along with Pfadt springs. Pedders sway bars going in along with Pedders coilovers, radius bushing and cradle bushings. Like Tag said customer service is number 1 in my book and my local shop is a Pedders dealer.

Both great companies but I'm choosing Pedders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Haven't heard anything bad about Pfadt, but I went with the Pedders justice package. Car ride is amazing, and customer service is top notch. JusticePete is very active here on the forum, and can give you all the technical info. Shoot him a PM.

I like the way you all think!
We truly appreciate the business and the good words!
Thank you.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
The two fastest 5th gen camaro's at this years Optima Ultimate street car Invitational was on Pedders and installed by Raymond's Performance.Great parts for your car that you can race with if you decide to.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #26
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Do a search in this section and you will be hard pressed to find anything but good things said about Pedders. Their products are second to none when it comes to performance on either the street or track.. I have yet to find a better customer service experience ever. They will do what ever it takes to make sure you are happy. Give Pete a call and he will insure you get the right package for your needs.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #27
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Holy God those kits are expensive. I think I will keep mine stock. I read that lowering springs alone are bad news so no on those as well. Good luck on which ever one you go with.

Looks like you read some bad info. You can ask any vendor on this site, they will tell you that wherever you read that lowering springs are bad for a car, that is false.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #28
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Pedderised 5th Gens did extremely well on the road course, autocross and speed stop events from Texas to Norwalk to Las Vegas. Bruce Raymond was dead nuts on when he said the the Pedderised 5th Gens were fast. They are bad fast.

I know the L/28 was the fastest combination car and driver at the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational. That and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. The drive shaft coupler failed on our first hot lap. From a standing start the L/28 put down a 1.49.5 The fastest flying lap of the day was a 1.46 and change. I know the L/28 is fast so we'll say it goes from ZERO to 110 in 4 seconds flat. It is more like 5.5, but we'll be conservative here and stay with 4. That puts the L/28 in at 1.45. Scoring in the Autocross and from the standing start warm up lap the L/28 finished 7th overall and had the 5th fastest road course lap.

Pedders doesn't play around with light weight race cars because we don't make race car parts. We make parts for enthusiasts that love to drive their cars everyday, but it is certainly nice that the same parts just happen to tear up the track. The L/28 and Bruce Raymond's Daily Driver Camaro that ran the 11th fastest road course lap with a driver new to the track that went four wheels off on the warm-up lap and never got a good run in both weight over 4,200 when they takes the track. They have AC, full interiors, sunroofs, etc... they are cars just like the ones you drive.

No matter how fast we run, people always seem to think it must be we make more power or have better brakes or cheat with our tires or.... So this year I decided to take my 16 year old daughter's Chevrolet Sonic LTZ Automatic 1.4T Economy car out to compete with 60 of the fastest street cars in America at the OUSCI. We ran stock brakes, stock exhaust, stock everything with a couple of exception. We had an Advanced Racing Dynamics Tune, Bridgestone S04 Pole Position Tires and of course Pedders Xa coilovers. I did a lot of coil tuning along with ride height adjustments before we settled on the 8kg rear coils and 585mm ride heights. Other than that, the Sonic was bone stock. We finished 23rd in the AC, 30th in the Speed Stop and 33 on the Road Course. It was all about Suspension. We did it to prove that Pedders can make ANYTHING fast.

Sonic Story by Pedders

I read stuff by people talking about there engineering excellence and fancy cad equipment or animations like they are the only people that have them I like to refer to Pedders as the company that doesn't know anything about suspension and just sells stuff that walks the 'cool companies'. Pedders will be releasing our camber plates soon We know they work on track, are durable and don't bend when you look at them. They are Pedders parts and that is what we would all expect. What I am so proud of is how we developed them.

Just before Camaro5FEST III were are all at Bruce Raymond's shop in Indy. We have 5th Gens lined up inside and out waitin to be Pedderised. Talking with Bruce we decide he needs Dual Bearing Camber Plates on his Camaro before C5FEST. Too bad they don't exist. I ask the office to overnight a couple of Mustang Dual Bearing Camber Plates we make for Saleen. We know they won't fit, but think we can machine them down to fit. Bruce has connections with an INDY Car machine shop so we have a set turned down. A bit too small. We turn down the second set. The fit is perfect, but we are concerned we don't have sufficient material. We are working late. Rob Anderson is doing a Pedders Spec Alignment on Dragoneye's a.k.a. Mr. Wyndham's ZL1, Bruce is turning wrenches. Eric is turnening wrenches and I am staring at the plates. Bruce wants more beef in that burger, then we are going to put that bull on steroids. One of our guests from C5FEST gets sent on a shopping trip to find modeling clay at 1:30 in the morning. This clay camber plate was at the machine shop when they opened.

Here is the result.

Our R & D guys did the engineering validation about two months after we started running Bruce's Camaro on these. Bruce and I did not need an engineer to tell us this would work. We get -1.8 degrees out of these plus the -2.2 at the knuckle for -4.0. Our AU guys are damn good. They take my midnight special bits and turn them into Pedders worthy production parts. We are very close to the final production ready version of Pedders 5th Gen Dual Bearing Camber Plates.

We have run our 5th Gens at the OPTIMA three times. There were other brand-x suspended 5th Gens at the events. None has ever been closer than 5 seconds behind the Pedderised 5th Gens. This year was no different. 5 seconds slower than Bruce Raymond's Camaro (our slow 5th Gen) and forever behind the L/28. One of these years a brand-x suspended 5th Gen will beat us and when they do we'll tip our hat. Until then, if you run anything other than Pedders you are running behind Pedders.

This is our slow 5th Gen for 2012 or the 11th Fastest Street Car at the Invitational

Doug and Bruce,

It is true. I still have that 13 pound aluminum GM SEMA Award on my desk, the kitchen table when we eat and it shares my bed. What an AMAZING year it has been. Bruce you have been nothing short of AWESOME all year I still can't believe you drilled holes to test fit these plates. It is interesting what sleep deprivation can do to you
Good night all. Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your families and friends. I am going to go cuddle up to my GM Best New Performance Award

Closed Thread