Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #29
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I went with the KW V1s. Waiting on them to get in and then the install. I was looking at several others and even the V3s but in the end, like someone else stated, don't race like I use to and more than anything, wanted the simplicity of a "plug and play" suspension vs all the adjusting that is available with other coliovers.

There are other coilovers that can out perform the V1s...I know that! But for me, they met my requirements and really, that is all that matters.

I'll post pics once I have them on the Camaro and give my review of them.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #30
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I went with the KW V1s. Waiting on them to get in and then the install. I was looking at several others and even the V3s but in the end, like someone else stated, don't race like I use to and more than anything, wanted the simplicity of a "plug and play" suspension vs all the adjusting that is available with other coliovers.

There are other coilovers that can out perform the V1s...I know that! But for me, they met my requirements and really, that is all that matters.

I'll post pics once I have them on the Camaro and give my review of them.
Same mindset as you. Ive heard good things about the KW V1's and I like their simplicity. I'll be looking for your review.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #31
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
PFadt is on the top of my list and is not much more $ than the other top brands - which I put the KW V1's at the bottom. The KW V3's are very good from what I hear. Either way, Brandon at IPS can get you some very good pricing. I have more suspension goodies on the way from him and then the coilovers
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #32
foxman

Drives: 2010 2SS Black
Finished my project car with pedders. Here's a write up and comments on the pedders Extreme XA gear.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...s+ride+quality
foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #33
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I just installed Pedders last weekned and I love them. I really don't see any difference between Pedders and the V3s other than price. Am I missing something you other guys are seeing?

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #34
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
KW V3 are only $1-200 more than Pedders and are two way adjustable.
You can go to their site and read the differences betwen them and the others available. I liked the testing methods used on their 7 post machine. I've already spent a boat load on the car, so what's another $200.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #35
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
KW V3 are only $1-200 more than Pedders and are two way adjustable.
You can go to their site and read the differences betwen them and the others available. I liked the testing methods used on their 7 post machine. I've already spent a boat load on the car, so what's another $200.
Yup, which is why Pedders is lower on my list Pfadt, then the KW V3's...

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #36
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
I think Pfadt's are the only inverted coils that have the one adjustment knob on the bottom of the shock. I think you adj. both front and rear from the bottom.

Pedders & BC are on the top. If you are not planning on adjusting much, there may not be a need for the holes. By jacking up the rear of the car, the wheels will drop and allow you the space to get in and adjust by hand. The holes are not necessary, just make it faster and easier to adjust. There are also rubber gromets that will fill/seal the holes if you go that route. Fronts adjust from the engine compartment.

Pfadt, BC, & Pedders have one adjustment knob that adjusts both rebound & compression.

KW has the V1 with no adjustments and the V3 that you can adjust the rebound & compression separately via the top and bottom of the shocks. All are mono-tube with the exception of the V3's.

Read up on materials that go into the construction of the coilovers, oils used, valving, as well as the testing methods to get the products right. My order of choice right now is: KW V3, Pfadt, BC, Pedders. I think Pfadt's are the most expensive then KW V3, Pedders, & BC are the least($2000-$950 range). I think BC may be the low hanging fruit when it comes to coils. They were at the top of my list and then I starting thinking again. If not KW-V3's then I will go with BC-BR series.

Wait 90 days and there will probably be another 3 choices to add into the mix! Eibach, Koni, etc.

KW-Germany.....Pedders-Australia....BC-Tiawan.....Pfadt-US?