Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #57
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
anyone know the number for the yellow lights, also has anyone asked scotty if the bulbs were cheaper from him. I don't understand the 12.95 shipping from gmdirect why so much for little lights.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #58
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I ordered the light tube.... but anyone know the part number for the blue light connector?
92238395 However it is on backorder

Quote:
anyone know the number for the yellow lights.
No yellow you will have to modify the lamp pack by switching out the leds
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #59
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Nice work gents. Is there a gm number for the orange lights?

Cannot wait for step by step so I can take a blade to mine.
I started a new thread with the parts # http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40804

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
nothing would happen to the dashboard? or have problems in the future?Where ca we order the lights?
P.S. Excellent job and thanks for sharing with camaro5 owners.
No nothing will happen to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
hey fellows threw what website do u order the parts
All that is on this thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40804

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010victoryredss_ron View Post
from who do u order the digi key lights from????
All that is on this thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40804

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I ordered the light tube.... but anyone know the part number for the blue light connector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragom View Post
anyone know the number for the yellow lights.
Gm dos not have yellow lights only blue and Red, But if you pay me a lot of $ i think i can make you a set.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #60
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragom View Post
anyone know the number for the yellow lights, also has anyone asked scotty if the bulbs were cheaper from him. I don't understand the 12.95 shipping from gmdirect why so much for little lights.
That is funny the connector was $ 27 by its self so $13 you get the light to.

Quote:
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. I am a tech at a Chevy dealer. I own a 2LT and am also very interested in making this work. I have found a connector part # that will plug into the side of the dash. It is AC Delco # PT146 or GM # 12085535 list price is about $27.00. Hope this pic works.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #61
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Awesome job! So have you driven around with these at night much? I know I remember hearing rumors that the reason the dash lighting was not included was due to possibly dangerous glare at night, was wondering if there is any truth to this (but I kinda doubt it). Again, awesome job!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #62
Michael Cooper
Oh Yeah! I Got One!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro 08' Charger
Send a message via Skype™ to Michael Cooper
Quick Question...

i pulled the fuse panel off of the drivers side and above the fuses and A/C dock (piping)
there is a little wire mounted there that is not connected to anything and on the connector i could clearly see "AB"

Could this be plug and play? and if it is? is there a second connector someplace else? for the larger portion of the dash?

if so all we need is the lights

======
Second question:
has anyone found a fix for the lighting in the door panels to go all the way to the dash?

Last edited by Michael Cooper; 09-04-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Typo
Michael Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #63
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cooper View Post
Quick Question...

i pulled the fuse panel off of the drivers side and above the fuses and A/C dock (piping)
there is a little wire mounted there that is not connected to anything and on the connector i could clearly see "AB"

Could this be plug and play? and if it is? is there a second connector someplace else? for the larger portion of the dash?

if so all we need is the lights

======
Second question:
has anyone found a fix for the lighting in the door panels to go all the way to the dash?
Not tiring to be an a@@ but if you read from the start it's all there.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #64
Michael Cooper
Oh Yeah! I Got One!

No problem,

i did read everything (yesterday) but i was just wondering if this was something else because if my memory serves me correctly i think the directions said to go through the cluster and i don't recall anything about the fuse penal

Maybe i should re-read the thread LOL
Old 09-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #65
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
No problem,

i did read everything (yesterday) but i was just wondering if this was something else because if my memory serves me correctly i think the directions said to go through the cluster and i don't recall anything about the fuse penal

Maybe i should re-read the thread LOL
Hey Michael, I know this can be daunting to some and want to double check, I will make it as simple as possible, as you should re-read everything carefully, the last thing we want anyone to do is mess something up, hence the reason I held up a bit on my walkthrough.

So do not touch anything on the fuse panel. The plug that is above the panel will be your plug in for the left side of the dash or the small piece. There then is a plug for the right side behind the gauge cluster.

As for your door question yes from what I am told there is a piece of tape covering the last piece of the light tube. However I havn't personally seen it.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:46 AM   #66
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
The only part I'm concerned with which I don't want to jack up, is the sanding of the clear face strip. I'm sure it'll be fine...and I can always order a new part if I need....but....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:07 AM   #67
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

This is how it SHOULD look on the doors...

and this is another from an actual GM CTF car shown at INDY last year. They didn't want us to notice the ABL......but......we, ya know...just have to play and push buttons!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #68
Michael Cooper
Oh Yeah! I Got One!

Thanks for the quick re-cap i really appreciate it and trust me i won't do anything until i am completely comfortable with understanding what to do

About the door:
i removed the door panel and there was some type there i removed it and the lighting still is not going all the way to the dash

i think there might be some paint or something blocking it i will be looking into it today and when i figure it out i will post some pictures and directions

it doesn't seem to be very complicated though
Old 09-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #69
Camaro-Teskey
BlackonBlack

Drives: 2010 Blk Camaro 1LT
Old 09-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #70
rharon

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Thanks for the quick re-cap i really appreciate it and trust me i won't do anything until i am completely comfortable with understanding what to do

About the door:
i removed the door panel and there was some type there i removed it and the lighting still is not going all the way to the dash

i think there might be some paint or something blocking it i will be looking into it today and when i figure it out i will post some pictures and directions

it doesn't seem to be very complicated though
You need to remove the paint. I would tape off the are below where the light is. I removed my paint with a razor blade scraping it. The tape will protect from scratches.If you scratch it they will show through the paint......
Attached Images