Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #99
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
6.1 or not i still would like to see a 400+ RT
Old 04-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #100
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
I looked at the details...most of the MOPAR parts in the program are things like ambient lighting, or cool electronic gadgets to add like stereos or GPS...the only real performance parts available are a cold air intake and suspension. They really should just have a $2,000 rebate.
the katskin seats is what most guys got with that 2k rebate.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #101
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
dude this is just gonna turn into an argument where the 99 Cobra debacle comes up.

The Hemi is a real nice reliable engine, so nice in fact that its been in the Wards Top 10 Best Engines 6 times from 2003-2009

Fords Modular has done better (8 times from 2000-2009) but that aint the point (or the fact that chevys only been in there 1 time since 2000, with their 6.0). The point is that there are a few hiccups hear and there, just like some of the L99's putting down sub par power. Car companies screw up from time to time.
How come everything you say that starts informational ends up taking a shot at Chevy, GTFO
Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #102
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
How come everything you say that starts informational ends up taking a shot at Chevy, GTFO
everyone has taken shots at all 3 companys in this thread, even one guy who OWNS a camaro took a shot at chevy. dont get your panties in a bunch and dont take it to heart.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #103
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
everyone has taken shots at all 3 companys in this thread, even one guy who OWNS a camaro took a shot at chevy. dont get your panties in a bunch and dont take it to heart.
As ideal as that sounds it is getting really old and SOMEONE needs to say it - drive your car and stfu I don't care how awesome ford or dodge or honda or blah blah blah is- knock the dick measuring off and just enjoy what you enjoy.

For example- I really like reading about the new 6.4l hemi...but the rest is just ugh...nevermind- lost on deaf ears.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #104
kevin2323

Quote:
As ideal as that sounds it is getting really old and SOMEONE needs to say it - drive your car and stfu I don't care how awesome ford or dodge or honda or blah blah blah is- knock the dick measuring off and just enjoy what you enjoy.

For example- I really like reading about the new 6.4l hemi...but the rest is just ugh...nevermind- lost on deaf ears.
not lost at all....i feel the same way but sometimes you get caught up on all the side arguments.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #105
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
hey they were just facts. Dont let FACTS get in the way of your life, sheesh tough crowd.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #106
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Quote:
hey they were just facts. Dont let FACTS get in the way of your life, sheesh tough crowd.
Maybe I misinterpreted your intention.

However, don't brush off the possibility that just because people use facts exempts them from coming off as a douche bags.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #107
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Quote:
Maybe I misinterpreted your intention.

However, don't brush off the possibility that just because people use facts exempts them from coming off as a douche bags.
well i brought up a bad thing about ford and about GM. Then i proceeded to compare the Hemi and its excellent history of reliability to the competition. Its not my fault a GM v8 has only been awarded one time in the Wards Top 10 Engines list since 2000. The LS series of engines have been great for GM and but that also tells you how great the mods and hemis themselves have been as well!!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #108
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
i just wanna buy all of them...2011 mustang, 2011 challenger and a camaro vert to compliment my ss...
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #109
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:
Thank god you and so many other Ford Fans devote so much of your time to this Camaro website and many others so you can make sure we always have the facts about your beloved Ford motor. How would we manage without you guys?

I know your response is going to be along the lines of "Well we are in the General Automotive section blah blah moderators didn't want this it wouldn't be here blah blah". Do you feel you have learned everything you can about the mod motors so you need to spill that knowledge all over here? I know when I am not here I am over at LS1tech seeing if I can learn some new stuff.

I guess what it comes down to is I don't have enough time to harass the people on a Ford site with how awesome I think the Camaro/LSx motors are. :(
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #110
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Thank god you and so many other Ford Fans devote so much of your time to this Camaro website and many others so you can make sure we always have the facts about your beloved Ford motor. How would we manage without you guys?

I know your response is going to be along the lines of "Well we are in the General Automotive section blah blah moderators didn't want this it wouldn't be here blah blah". Do you feel you have learned everything you can about the mod motors so you need to spill that knowledge all over here? I know when I am not here I am over at LS1tech seeing if I can learn some new stuff.

I guess what it comes down to is I don't have enough time to harass the people on a Ford site with how awesome I think the Camaro/LSx motors are. :(
Maybe you should try it out, teach a few Ford guys a thing or two
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #111
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post

im not here to brag about how awesome the mod motors are. I only like to clarify A LOT of misinformation that floats around here and have discussions about it. A board where everybody agrees to everything (even though its wrong information) helps nobody, especially the real auto enthusiasts on the boards who want information as unbiased as possible.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #112
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
that was a great argument, if I was 5. everyone knows even the current mustang cant keep up with the terminators. . seriously please make this an intellectual conversation. 6>4
Really? I wasn't aware they had taken the mustang name away from the gt500. The arguments stupid, but that doesn't make your info correct.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote