Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #57
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Umm . . . your welcome? I the only one I can take partial credit for is the vert. I requested it that a vert needed to be made, and tweetz needed to be added to the 'rock on' camaro. I had nothing to do with the others.

Also, I want to welcome any new members that are making their first posts in this thread.
I said thanks because your post was the first one I had seen with the in it.

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #58
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
I definitely agree with Tag and Omega that the scoop is open, but obscured by the camo on the hood. With the high clarity of the picture, this is the first time I can really tell that the hard, crisp edges of the concept made it to production. Also, about the lights, I'm wondering if the main lamp and the turn signal will actually remain switched on the production. What I mean is, the Auto Zone lights indicate that the turn signal has been moved to the inside of the lamp.

And does anyone else get almost a Delorean vibe from the camo on the C-pillar? Makes me wanna see what Doc Brown could do to the camaro.

Oh, and I am so diggin those rims and brakes. After enduring the 15 inchers and drum brakes on my Cherokee for so long, I can't wait to have 20's with disc brakes.

Hmm, I think it could go both ways with the lights. Maybe they put generic lights into the production location, or they put the generic lights just wherever they happened to fit. I think they could pull off either look rather well with a nice set of production quality lights.

I can kinda see what you mean about the C-pillar, but I much prefer the Transformers treatment the Camaro got to the Back to the Future time machine treatment the Delorean got.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #59
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Lol, agreed. I was just making a joke about the Delorean. IMO, the shoulders of the Camaro are perfect, and the C-pillar is a large part of that. It makes the car look like a panther in the black paint. You know, I'd love to have a black paint job with a touch of dark metalic blue which shows off in the edges and curves.
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #60
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
Super Sweet pic, I'm diggin it, and i'm probably one of the only ones to say it, but i like the headlights...

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #61
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-phoenix View Post
Super Sweet pic, I'm diggin it, and i'm probably one of the only ones to say it, but i like the headlights...
You arent the only one, esp. after seeing this angle of the car. Those lights look down right evil to me. I really like them, even tho the chances of them staying are nearly nonexistent...
Old 02-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just a thought... Maybe there will be TWO headlight treatments, like the Second gen RS... maybe we ARE looking at the RS option.. those lights look like they are in a fairly finished condition.. otherwise they would just look like they were just temporary.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #63
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
[QUOTE=TAG UR IT;46777]INCREADIBLE!!!

It does appear, however, that the camo bra on the hood is tucked under the front of the hood in between the opening (between the hood and front facia) which makes it appear as though the vent is closed. I think it's open.

Gotta agree with tag on this one!! I think the scoop is open and the bra is tucked in behind it. Look to the far right side of the scoop and you can see it is a little darker than the other part. Awesome car!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #64
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
damit guys stop bringing the headlights back into every new pic thread. seriously its starting to get really annoying. it has been said MANY of times even from the big boss apple sauce himself "there from autozone(or napa autoparts lol)"
but in all seriousness(sp?lol) nobody is really going to see the headlights when driven the camaro all there gona see is the tail lights which imo look asom.

Last edited by SSmoked; 02-23-2008 at 10:03 PM.
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #65
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Looking at this, I also noticed that it looks like a front license plate will look OK on the front bumper. Did anyone else notice this/agree?
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #66
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Looking at this, I also noticed that it looks like a front license plate will look OK on the front bumper. Did anyone else notice this/agree?
I have to respecfully disagree with you on that one.

Yes, I think a font plate could fit decently without looking like crap...but that doesn't mean ANY front plate will ever look good on the front of this one to me.......

This car should be legally exempt from ALL state mandated front plates due to it's beauty factor.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:15 AM   #67
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Hey if you look at the headlights you can see between the light and the turn signal that it looks like the whole section of both headlights could be taken out. Besides Fbodfather said so! Many times!!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #68
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
damit guys stop bringing the headlights back into every new pic thread. seriously its starting to get really annoying. it has been said MANY of times even from the big boss apple sauce himself "there from autozone(or napa autoparts lol)"
but in all seriousness(sp?lol) nobody is really going to see the headlights when driven the camaro all there gona see is the tail lights which imo look asom.
I knew someone would get upset.. .. Maybe the "BIG BOSS" is trying to divert some of the attention from possible options later on. Like an RS version. (Some people actually LIKE those lights...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-phoenix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Blue View Post
everyone bashes the headlights, to me its something different i havent seen before i like em! the car looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee drummer View Post
Hey if you look at the headlights you can see between the light and the turn signal that it looks like the whole section of both headlights could be taken out. Besides Fbodfather said so! Many times!!
Those headlight enclosures DO look like they are in a finished state not something just tacked on. why go to the trouble so spending the money to tool up a mold for headlight surrounds if you were't at least considering using them??

Anyways, The car is still over a year away, so small details can change between now and then. Be open to possibilities and don't shun them away..

P.S. why didn't you cuss about someone mentioning the gas filler door again????

Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #69
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo2227 View Post
Yeah I don't think the front scoop is so much open but rather it is indented.
I will disagree with that, on closer inspection i think if it was just indented they would have some sort of mesh in there to make it look good, but it does look like to me that it is the same shade of black as the hood bra and not the car it's self, If it was being back recessed like that it would be much darker. Plus you can just about make out a couple wrinkles in it...

Old 02-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #70
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
So, what is the point in the 3 lights on each side? *NOTE* These lights are TEMPORARY... Temp-o-rar-y!!! [see any post by fbodfather, i.e. DragonEye's signature]
Attached Images