Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 03:17 AM   #113
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I also believe that GM needs more "outsiders" to steer the ship. That's one of the biggest cultural changes that must be addressed. Many GM folks are so arrogant and closed minded, they think outsiders have no business running a car company and that nobody should be telling them how to run a business they've been running for the last 100 years. Oh yeah??!! We'll see......
No wait your wrong GM admin is the best in the world thats why there market share has gone up and up for the past 60 years we don't need new leadership just turn the charts upside down!!!
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #114
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
...and ironically, that is where we "Americans" went wrong. What do I mean by that? Well, back in the days when America was becoming a great powerhouse, our business leaders actually listened to the ideas which came from other people (at the time, new immigrants). This allowed for fresh ideas from perspectives they would have never gained. They were astute enough to know that the more perspectives one attains to a solution, the more likely the chance of success.

Now, it is exactly the opposite - if it's not an internal idea, then it is quickly discounted. Well sooner or later, that comes back to bite you in the ass.
God bless this xenophobic country of immigrants!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:29 AM   #115
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Bob Lutz
exide- bankrupt
Chrysler- bankrupt
Merkur- Fail
Cunningham C7- Fail

Why is no one worried that 3 out of the six companies he has run has gone bankrupt under his control or no longer exists. Why is someone like that still running companies?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #116
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
Bob Lutz
exide- bankrupt
Chrysler- bankrupt
Merkur- Fail
Cunningham C7- Fail

Why is no one worried that 3 out of the six companies he has run has gone bankrupt under his control or no longer exists. Why is someone like that still running companies?
Because without him, you wouldn't have that car in your avatar.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #117
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
He gave Chrylser the Ram and the Viper, and saved them during that time by reigniting excitement for/in the brand. After he left, well over a decade ago...they screwed themselves. He had nothing to do with it.

I can't comment on the other brands, mostly cause I've never heard of them.

However, if I were you...I would look VERY closely at the vehicles GM has put out since 2006 or so. alllllll Bob Lutz. And all of them have had critics raving. The Malibu? Him. CTS? Him. Camaro? Him. VOLT??? HIM. (to name a few)

He's not a savior, he makes mistakes, but he is undeniably one of the most-valuable players in the auto Industry...and he's stuck by GM because he believes they can succeed where others cannot.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #118
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
He gave Chrylser the Ram and the Viper, and saved them during that time by reigniting excitement for/in the brand. After he left, well over a decade ago...they screwed themselves. He had nothing to do with it.
That was all Iacocca.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #119
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
That was all Iacocca.
I dunno where I read that about the ram...my mistake. But Lutz was responsible for the Viper. And everywhere I read remarks that that car is responsible for striking a passion in Dodge vehicles again (later lost....)

Viper: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/dodge-viper-history.htm