Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #29
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Well owning a unique color will get more comments.

He owns IBM, which is one of the most rare and unique. I asked a question of you earlier in another thread... I think the answer is yes

As far as living somewhere that you don't get any compliments.... that's weird. I get compliments daily. If you pay attention you'll notice people staring.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #30
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Yeah i think its just fun... With mustangs and challengers, they gotta prove themselves as better, whereas with other camaros, it doesnt matter, cause either way a camaro wins! its more fun that way, i think
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #31
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
in the Maro...about 4 races in 6 months. my pontiac G5 GT every other day LOL nobody thought my lil G5 cud beat em silly ricers. in the camaro nobody tries xD an SS impala beat me with his supercharged ass lol thats all that let him win :P

EDIT- LMAO to earl's post btw.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #32
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkogneato View Post
They can? Is it because you think that, and that makes it so? First if you are on a public street, don't race, period. Second if you run stock and go to the strip and come up on a 2011-2012 GT and driver is not dumber than a box of rocks, you are going to lose.

Name:  IMG_0021.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  257.3 KB
Old 12-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #33
nycoupe11

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs Summit White
I'm in stated island also I mostly get challenged by ricers, maximas, or infinities. I obviously ignore. Only Camaro owners just ask to hear the engine roar not to race me. You at the 122? Couple guys were patients of mine they watch over my car on lily pond
2011 2ss/RS Summit White / Grey and Black Interior. TSP VVT-2 Cam, ARH heads and Exhaust, CAI, Ported Throttle Body, Plasti Dipped tailight bezels and rims. AAC interior lighting. Tuned by East Coast Supercharging.
nycoupe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #34
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
He owns IBM, which is one of the most rare and unique. I asked a question of you earlier in another thread... I think the answer is yes

As far as living somewhere that you don't get any compliments.... that's weird. I get compliments daily. If you pay attention you'll notice people staring.
No I am not on drugs.

IBM is not that rare, ABM I think is rarer than.

If we really wanted to know the answer maybe ask FBODFather. Or purchase the white book.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #35
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins91106 View Post
I can't understand why fellow 5th gen owners want a race.... WE HAVE THE SAME CAR, MOST LIKELY THE SAME MODS!! maybe I am just getting old, but if I was going to race it would be against a mustang, challenger...etc not a car that I already have a good idea what it can do. What are your guys thoughts.
Look, I generally don't condone street racing, and I am a "save it for the track" person.

That being said, I see A LOT of soft 5th gen owners in my area with this attitude too.

You bought a muscle car. Lots of people who buy them like to race, therefore, like to compete.

I don't care if a rice-burner civic, a 5th gen camaro, a pro-street nova, or a Ferrari runs up next to me and bucks and wants to race, I'm still going to have the competetive itch and wanna show them how a driver does it.

The fact that it could be same car with similar mods would give me MORE inclination to want to race, since it then becomes who the better driver is.

Honestly, this soft muscle car persona seems to be very prevalent and rather dissappointing.

I bought the Camaro because I love GM, I love the legacy, and I love the platform to build the car up to race on.

I did not buy a Camaro to give it my car some additional lame name, to wave and be all smiley at fellow owners, or be a fanboy of a bad action movie about robots.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #36
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
I am not quite sure what constitutes a "race". Someone blowing by me on the highway is not a race to me. Someone passing me is not a race to me. A race in my opinion is a quarter mile from a dead stop. So in my humble opinion, the only way that you can challenge me to a race is at a red light. If we are out of harms way in the middle of BFE, it is show time. If we are 200 feet from a city school at 3 pm have fun racing without me.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Look, I generally don't condone street racing, and I am a "save it for the track" person.

That being said, I see A LOT of soft 5th gen owners in my area with this attitude too.

You bought a muscle car. Lots of people who buy them like to race, therefore, like to compete.

I don't care if a rice-burner civic, a 5th gen camaro, a pro-street nova, or a Ferrari runs up next to me and bucks and wants to race, I'm still going to have the competetive itch and wanna show them how a driver does it.

The fact that it could be same car with similar mods would give me MORE inclination to want to race, since it then becomes who the better driver is.

Honestly, this soft muscle car persona seems to be very prevalent and rather dissappointing.

I bought the Camaro because I love GM, I love the legacy, and I love the platform to build the car up to race on.

I did not buy a Camaro to give it my car some additional lame name, to wave and be all smiley at fellow owners, or be a fanboy of a bad action movie about robots.

LMFAO
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #38
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
No I am not on drugs.

IBM is not that rare, ABM I think is rarer than.

If we really wanted to know the answer maybe ask FBODFather. Or purchase the white book.
Yes ABM is rarer. But less than 10,000 IBMs were produced-- out of 223,000 Camaros made total by November of this year. You do the math.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #39
2011 SS

Drives: 2011 SS M6, LT's, CAI, SLP LM II's.
Some kid In his younger twenty's (most likely) pulled up next to me In his RS, It was black and was nice at one point In time, this kid had It all tore up dings In the passenger door and scratches couldn't see the other side but this car was not well taken care of, anyways he revved at me at lights, would speed past me and almost rear end people, change lanes like a fast and the furious wanna be, It was horrible, and I was embarrassed to be on the same street with him. Street racing = stupid, everyone should keep It on a track, or In Mexico.
2011 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #40
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Yes ABM is rarer. But less than 10,000 IBMs were produced-- out of 223,000 Camaros made total by November of this year. You do the math.
Who cares?

It isn't that nice of a color, it just happens to be rare.

I realize you may love the color, but we don't need a post in every single thread mentioning IBM.
_Nick_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #41
jcollins91106

Drives: 2010 2ss m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycoupe11 View Post
I'm in stated island also I mostly get challenged by ricers, maximas, or infinities. I obviously ignore. Only Camaro owners just ask to hear the engine roar not to race me. You at the 122? Couple guys were patients of mine they watch over my car on lily pond
Im not with the 122 I am Federal in the city right now, waiting on the call to go over to nypd Hoping for the 120 though...little more laid back, I dont run as fast as I used to lol.
2010 2ss M6, TSP 1 7/8 Long Tube headers,dual electric cutouts, 3" pipes all the way back to magnaflows. elite engineering catch can, custom painted engine cover,CAI cold air intake, apex cold air racescoop, jannety racing 470 hp kit, custom JRE hot rough idle blower cam, jannety racing dyno tuned. pfadt lowering springs, lsr short throw shifter, custom sub setup,sony 7" indash nav, interior stiching dye, 20% tint all around, HAVOC spoiler, tail light black out, chevy emblem black out, seibon BBII carbon fiber hood,Front and rear bowtie blackouts. 461 rwhp and not done yet!
jcollins91106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #42
jcollins91106

Drives: 2010 2ss m6
all in all its not that I really care getting challenged, I have my own reasons for racing....the op was me just being curious about other 5thgen owners wanting to run, and if it happens to anyone else.
2010 2ss M6, TSP 1 7/8 Long Tube headers,dual electric cutouts, 3" pipes all the way back to magnaflows. elite engineering catch can, custom painted engine cover,CAI cold air intake, apex cold air racescoop, jannety racing 470 hp kit, custom JRE hot rough idle blower cam, jannety racing dyno tuned. pfadt lowering springs, lsr short throw shifter, custom sub setup,sony 7" indash nav, interior stiching dye, 20% tint all around, HAVOC spoiler, tail light black out, chevy emblem black out, seibon BBII carbon fiber hood,Front and rear bowtie blackouts. 461 rwhp and not done yet!
jcollins91106 is offline   Reply With Quote