Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #15
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
I'm still on the fence too. I would have ordered one by now if a color jumped out to me right away, but none really have. I was hoping for a bright blue, but didn't get it. Aqua is too teal for my taste. IBM is too dark. I think I would get tired of the yellow quickly. Jewlcoat tint metallic is do boring looking. I don't care for white, black is a nightmare as awesome as it looks. I'm pretty much down to victory red, IOM or silver. I'll have to wait and see one or all in person. Right now Id say red with black stripes has a slight edge.
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #16
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
I'm sure you've already seen this thread.

Maybe it will help a little.

Real paint on real Camaros - Color options - 8 of 10 so far
Thanks gtahvit.....I did see that thread with real paint on real camaros.....the pathetic thing is that it only helped me narrow it down to three.

It makes me feel better that others have had trouble picking their color. I think i'll go down to the dealership and see the paint for myself....maybe that will help me decide.

Thanks everybody!

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #17
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Going with white here.. was hard but for me its between victory red and white.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #18
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Arg I really wish people will get this stupid stereotype out of their head. It just IS NOT true. Hey at least that means that there will be less Rally Yellow Camaros out there thanks to so many people believing this.
I've seen statistical studies showing that red cars receive more tickets. The question must then be asked, is it because the car catches the eye of the cops more, or is it because the drivers of red cars like to speed more?
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #19
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Of course a cop doesn't think "that car is red, it must be speeding!!!". It's subconscious!!!
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #20
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakestar View Post
I've seen statistical studies showing that red cars receive more tickets. The question must then be asked, is it because the car catches the eye of the cops more, or is it because the drivers of red cars like to speed more?
I've seen numerous studies done by different law enforcement agencies on this subject and all of the ones I've seen show no statistical increase over other colors.

I come from a family of police and deputies not to mention know almost all of the local police and deputies in 2 other counties because they are friends with my parents. They all agree that color will NOT increase you chances of getting a ticket. Two things that they all agree on that will increase your chances of getting a speeding ticket is A) load exhaust and B) your aftermarket stereo system.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #21
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Been there done that...I could not decide for nothing it seemed like but I'm 100% good to go now!!

I went to the dealers and just checked all the colors to see what I thought I'd like best, show the lines of the car best and most important, what made me happy!!

I went in the day time when it was sunny, at night, during rain, just about everytime I passed a dealer I stopped!

Like a few have said...take your time and if you are like me, you'll go back to the first color you picked since it was your initial thought and everything has to beat that first thought you know!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #22
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakestar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Of course a cop doesn't think "that car is red, it must be speeding!!!". It's subconscious!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I've seen numerous studies done by different law enforcement agencies on this subject and all of the ones I've seen show no statistical increase over other colors.

I come from a family of police and deputies not to mention know almost all of the local police and deputies in 2 other counties because they are friends with my parents. They all agree that color will NOT increase you chances of getting a ticket. Two things that they all agree on that will increase your chances of getting a speeding ticket is A) load exhaust and B) your aftermarket stereo system.
my lighting design teacher actually had a red & a silver car - the red one getting pulled over more often with the same driving habits. she used that as an example for how more saturated (bright, rich) colors that catch your eye the quickest. yellow is the strongest followed by red. i highly doubt police assume you speed because your car's a flashy color, but they will subconsciously look at your car first if there's a more neutral-colored car nearby because your eyes are naturally drawn to it. try it the next time you're driving. try to notice which cars 'make you look' as they drive past. that's all i meant by my statement. logically, if they don't look at you as much, you have a statistically better chance of not getting a ticket.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
If your stats (all of you) are right then there is an easy way to solve this problem, Ahem,

DON'T BREAK THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #24
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
my lighting design teacher actually had a red & a silver car - the red one getting pulled over more often with the same driving habits. she used that as an example for how more saturated (bright, rich) colors that catch your eye the quickest. yellow is the strongest followed by red. i highly doubt police assume you speed because your car's a flashy color, but they will subconsciously look at your car first if there's a more neutral-colored car nearby because your eyes are naturally drawn to it. try it the next time you're driving. try to notice which cars 'make you look' as they drive past. that's all i meant by my statement. logically, if they don't look at you as much, you have a statistically better chance of not getting a ticket.
+1 Well said
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #25
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Unhappy

Da jim, yall are scaring me with this talk about Black being hard to keep clean,never had a black car ,but Ive always wanted one,and a camaro looks incredible in this color. .... am I making a mistake?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #26
Hebe4

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS M6
Does anyone know if the Oshawa plant has a better paint facility than other GM plants? In other words, will the Silver Ice camaro have a better paint job than the siver ice cobalt or HHR? Or, is the paint quality determined by the $$$ of the car?
Hebe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #27
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Sorry guys, straight from a cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Don't cross them off because that is what you believe...get it because that is maybe what you want.

I don't notice red any more than black or white.

Again....and I'll say this 1,000,000 times if I have to. What cops notice are the LOUD exhausts as you are tearing off out of parking lots and onto highways, etc. The only reason heads turn are because of NOISE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Hey...you want it straight from a police officer that patrols every day on the streets, there ya go.

I sit with others as we write reports, talk, etc. and it is like any other normal person out on the roads. Noise brings attention. I won't notice a silent red vette flooring it a block behind me. BUT...a pink whatever flooring it with a SLP loudmouth exhaust is going to make me and my buddies turn our heads. It's really as simple as that.

The quieter the exhaust you have, the less attention you bring to yourself. If you want a loud exhaust, you'd better look around real well before flooring it!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #28
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Loud exhaust is definitely an attention getter, and makes it hard to hide what you are doing. I have to disagree about the color though, it is much harder to blend in with a yellow car or a red car than anything else. For instance, you can see color distinctly at a very far distance, and if you are in a sea of cars but are driving faster than the others, you will stand out. All the cop has to do is catch up to the only yellow car, so even if you slow down once you see him, he saw what you were doing from a long way away-maybe even before he could identify the type of car. In a speed trap, color would make no difference.