Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
SeanOtheDead

Drives: 07 Silverado
Whats going on here (Z/28)

I am just curious as to why GM cant just come out and say..."Yes we are making a Z/28!" There seems to be a split on the HP edition. Some still think itll be a Z and others dont. Fbodfather just says that No one said it would be called a Z/28 but I dont think he said that it wouldnt! Why cant they just come clean one way or the other? When will this new Unicorn (HP or Z/28 whatever they are calling it) be unvieled?
SeanOtheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm sure we'll see a press release before the summer. I think GM is just trying to pack everything they can into the car. They won't want it to be obsolete a year after it comes out, and the enthusiasm of Team Camaro is unmatched, so I'm positive they want to build the best car for us. GM doesn't discuss future products, so it's up to spy photographers and lucky members to get us information at this point. Thank Goodness for those who've shared what we've seen up to now

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
SeanOtheDead

Drives: 07 Silverado
I agree with you...and I am just happy that they are building new models...regardless of nameplates.
SeanOtheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-c...ed-camaro.html
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I love it when "journalistic" websites take our stories and make them their own....
Old 02-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I love it when "journalistic" websites take our stories and make them their own....
I just came across it. I don't put any stock in it.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I just came across it. I don't put any stock in it.
I know. Just messing with you
Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
Sawyer

Quote:
I know. Just messing with you
Old 02-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOtheDead View Post
I am just curious as to why GM cant just come out and say..."Yes we are making a Z/28!" There seems to be a split on the HP edition. Some still think itll be a Z and others dont. Fbodfather just says that No one said it would be called a Z/28 but I dont think he said that it wouldnt! Why cant they just come clean one way or the other? When will this new Unicorn (HP or Z/28 whatever they are calling it) be unvieled?
Simple: Competition. They want to keep Ford guessing as long as possible, because this is going to be the poster-child Camaro.

Meanwhile, the enthusiast community has taken one tiny little rumor (Karl Stracke saying the word "Z28" in no particular context)...and inflated it to a life of its own. Gotta love the internet!

Quote:
And get it wrong...
Old 02-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
I'm just glad we learned about this new vehicle when we did, so I had more options to choose from out of all the possibilities. Ala 2011, 2011 vert, 2012, 2012 vert and the Z28(HP).
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOtheDead View Post
They don't need to say they're making it. Its obvious that they are making something, it has been to anyone following the 5th gen story for the last couple years. The existence of the Z28 is the worst kept 'secret' in the industry, and I bet the people at GM have a lot of fun 'denying' its existence. But they won't officially confirm it until shortly before production. If they show their hand now, Ford will have about a year and a half to setup the 2012 GT500 to beat the as-yet-unconfirmed-high-performance-camaro
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #12
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
They don't need to say they're making it. Its obvious that they are making something, it has been to anyone following the 5th gen story for the last couple years. The existence of the Z28 is the worst kept 'secret' in the industry, and I bet the people at GM have a lot of fun 'denying' its existence. But they won't officially confirm it until shortly before production. If they show their hand now, Ford will have about a year and a half to setup the 2012 GT500 to beat the as-yet-unconfirmed-high-performance-camaro

They could still announce it and give us the name. Just not say what the HP rating will be so as not to give ford time to do anything

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 AM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
They could still announce it and give us the name. Just not say what the HP rating will be so as not to give ford time to do anything
Will calling it a Z28 or Berlinetta or ZL1 or IROC or happy-fluffy-puppy-dog really make a difference as to what the car can do? No. The name changes nothing about the car, other than opening up the debated on the internet as to why or why not the car (with no announced specs) deserves that particular name.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #14
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Will calling it a Z28 or Berlinetta or ZL1 or IROC or happy-fluffy-puppy-dog really make a difference as to what the car can do? No. The name changes nothing about the car, other than opening up the debated on the internet as to why or why not the car (with no announced specs) deserves that particular name.
More girls will buy it if you call it the happy-fluffy-puppy-dog probably?