Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Consumer Reports is a total joke, I would not listen to anything from them. I only read it at the dentist office when I have read everything else.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
union894

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 8A
I cannot stand consumer reports,I purchased items that they recommended and they all were junk,and the things they say were not recommended in most cases were good,2010 Camaro SS,2003 Ford Expedition which I bought new and is still running great.F*** me why did I say that the engine will probably drop out.
union894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth6 View Post
I agree...

Consumer Reports is a good magazine for Vacumm cleaner and minivan reviews. CS is also good for folks looking at replacing their econobox. Anyone looking for a luxury car or a performance car would be better served looking at another magazine.

CR Must maintain a bit of uniqueness to survive, and unfortunately they have done this in the past be distortion of the facts...... Remember the Chrysler K Car rollover fiascoes of the 80's? All proven to be within the norms for those type vehicles.

CR has been found guilty in the past of a number of exaggerated concerns, a proven fact. Yes they take ZERO advertising dollars, but you know what? That puts the pressure back on them even more to sell magazines and subscriptions, because that is the main source of revenue for them. So if you can't come to the table with something unique from the competition, you will have those few sources of income dwindle and you cease to exist.

The problem is in something as complex as an automobile it is difficult for the experts to agree, much less a company that also tests dog food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
They are east coast liberals, and love anything made anywhere other than the US. They really can't hide their prejudice anymore and on occasion recommend a Yank...in this case Canuck car.
It's still an American car....and Don't insult the rest of us on the east coast with such language...
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I haven't trusted anything CR has written about since shortly after I had a new HVAC system installed in my home I saw a review of my exact system. They ranked it last in reliability. Well that was in 1999. Since then I have spent a total of $80 in repairs on it 6 years ago when the purge blower on the furnace went out.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I haven't trusted anything CR has written about since shortly after I had a new HVAC system installed in my home I saw a review of my exact system. They ranked it last in reliability. Well that was in 1999. Since then I have spent a total of $80 in repairs on it 6 years ago when the purge blower on the furnace went out.
The biggest problem with Consumer Reports is that it is populated with input by consumers...and the reality is...consumers are inept.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:55 AM   #20
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Consumer Reports can kiss my a.. I don't trust them at all. You have to read between the lines with them and some of it is good and other reports are not so accurate. They have an agenda but I can't figure out what it is.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #21
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
I can't say that I really trusted CR for much. Being a mechanic I always trusted what I saw come in the garage and my customers always trusted what I recommended. When it comes to a car or anything I truly believe word of mouth is the best review, not a book, that is out there. When it comes to automobiles I would trust an independent garage over a dealer for obvious reasons. If I work on a certain model 40 hours a week I would be partial to them.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #22
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

It's still an American car....and Don't insult the rest of us on the east coast with such language...
I insulted snarky East Coast libs, which is what CU is.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #23
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Bought oven and washer drier pair based on their recommendations

Worst appliances i ever owned.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I've never given the ratings by Consumer Reports any weight. The method they use for getting reliability data is inherently biased and unreliable, and their vehicle testing is a complete joke. SUVs get judged on the exact same criteria as sports cars and midsize sedans.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I read and use CR as I do any other tool I use to make a decision. Informational but by no means an end all to decide my purchases.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Same here i have a 2010 and it has been a great car , Only blew a steering pump hose once, I think CR does not know what the hell they are talking about , Just like Comrando said they rate a saab high , Any repair bill on those and your wallet is empty, There is no wauy you can judge a car like that .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Same here, only minor issues, My radio nob also is the same. Is there a fix?
I am going to buy some of those aftermarket knob covers... I can't decide if I want silver, black or the inferno orange.....
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
I read and use CR as I do any other tool I use to make a decision. Informational but by no means an end all to decide my purchases.
Bad information is rarely of benefit to the decision making process
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote