Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 03-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #309
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian118 View Post
I'll be attending with my car but as a spectator - will only those who are racing be permitted to participate in the car show, or is the car show a separate event to sign up for?

can't wait for April!
Anyone can enter the car show!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #310
Ruffian118

Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Anyone can enter the car show!

Thanks! that's what I needed to know - see you guys in April!
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #311
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The Milford Proving Grounds would be such an incredible location for C5Fest. From a mini Nürburgring to the black lake to facility tours it would be the most amazing location we could dream of. My posts are not directed at the hard working C5Fest TEAM. My posts are directed at the people from GM. I am hoping someone at GM will agree and find a way to move this forward. If it isn't Milford, how about the plant that builds them?

John and Scott understand our community and know how cool this would be. The challenge they face is working withing the restrictions of a large corporation to find a way to make this happen. I don't think we need to convince Scott or John. My guess is they would love it. We need to get more GM people thinking like us.
Agreed to a point but....

Quote:
And, I'm sure there are a whole sllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew of insurance problems with having a 1000 camaro freaks being able to "drive" at Milford...

It's just not something I'm willing to concede to at this point and time...

I'm certainly not saying NO NEVER... but I don't see how it would appeal to all our Camaro addictions... Maybe I'm wrong but GM would have to make it happen... we can't run that down on our own...

So in the mean time.. we'll see.

This.

Does everybody have ANY idea how many SECRET VEHICLES are being stored in garages at Milford?
How much testing occurs everyday by the corporation?
How many schedules would need to be shifted to accomodate us?

No. Good idea...love to "ping" the powers that be on that...But no, not likely...

Friends, it's the 4th of March, 2011. Let's get through THIS Fest, first....and let me tell you there's going to be a metric crap-ton of things to do and memories to have at Camaro5Fest II.

How does Fbodfather say it?
"There are things we haven't told you, yet..."

Old 03-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #312
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I do go to Milford and I do see imaginary vehicles that do not exist. GM found a way to cater to the Corvette community and I think they will find a way to accomodate us. We could hold it at Gratan and do a bus tour, we could do it many different ways....

Last edited by JusticePete; 03-04-2011 at 04:23 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #313
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I do go to Milford and I do see imaginary vehicles that do not exist. GM found a way to cater to the Corvette community and I I think they will find a way to accomodate us. We could hold ot at Gratan and do a bus tour, we could do it many different ways....
Don't get me wrong. This is definitely something worth looking into, but let's not get our hopes up or ahead of ourselves.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #314
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Don't get me wrong. This is definitely something worth looking into, but let's not get our hopes up or ahead of ourselves.
Life Rule #1 -- If you don't ask, you don't get
Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #315
Mr. Wyndham

Fair enough!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #316
lpar1969

Drives: 2014 1SS NPP 1LE
I agree with Pete. If you don't ask, you will never know. As for the gentlemen who said to "fly".. I would like to experience the CFest in my own car not Seat 14A on JetBlue.
lpar1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #317
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
...ship the car, and fly?

Quote:
Friends, it's the 4th of March, 2011. Let's get through THIS Fest, first....and let me tell you there's going to be a metric crap-ton of things to do and memories to have at Camaro5Fest II.
AMEN!!!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #318
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpar1969 View Post
I agree with Pete. If you don't ask, you will never know. As for the gentlemen who said to "fly".. I would like to experience the CFest in my own car not Seat 14A on JetBlue.
I can tell ya....it's about 90% as fun even without a car.

If not being able to drive is the only thing stopping you from coming...oh PLEASE reconsider.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #319
JusticePete

Quote:
I can tell ya....it's about 90% as fun even without a car.

If not being able to drive is the only thing stopping you from coming...oh PLEASE reconsider.
Drag racing and aurocrossing in a rental is becaue you don't care. It's a rental!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #320
TurboCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS - Turbocharged
I am driving from Turbonetics in Simi Valley to the Camaro5 Fest if anybody wants to caravan down. I am leaving the morning of Thursday Aril 14th.
Drop me an e-mail blewis@turboneticsinc.com if there is anybody interested or if there are already groups driving down.

Brad
TurboCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #321
BackinBlack
KASPR

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS LS3
I hope I have not missed something obvious in the previous posts:

Regarding CFestIII in the 'northeast' -- why does this have to happen in April? Why not a May or June event?

While I'm dreaming ... do we dare try this during Woodward Dream Cruise weekend in Detroit? Talk about dominating the a national exposure event like the Cruise! The official cruise is just one day, but the unofficial cruise environment starts a week before and lasts a week after. Something to consider among the options.
BackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #322
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlack View Post
I hope I have not missed something obvious in the previous posts:

Regarding CFestIII in the 'northeast' -- why does this have to happen in April? Why not a May or June event?

While I'm dreaming ... do we dare try this during Woodward Dream Cruise weekend in Detroit? Talk about dominating the a national exposure event like the Cruise! The official cruise is just one day, but the unofficial cruise environment starts a week before and lasts a week after. Something to consider among the options.
IF!!!

we can find a facility in the North East that works, I think we'd have to slide to warmer months....

But like others have said. we still have plenty to do to get this year sorted...

We'll discuss C5FIII in a few weeks.... I'm guessing the Monday after C5FII the discussion will be On like Donkey Kong
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote