Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #29
wavrun2000
o come on

Drives: 06 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
the aftermarket is already making some good light weight parts and better suspension componets. not too many custom parts need to be made. just ordered.

lol. wow sorry I still don't see how you think it's going to be so much more then the GT500. maybe after markups that some dealers like to charge. but the same crap was said about the camaro before it came out with the LS3. it's going to be too expensive if they put that motor in there. . .where did they price it? again I still think it will be a hair more then the GT500. and that's because of the performance premium. if I've learned something about chevy with the 4th gens and now the 5th gens. they don't like to come in second when it comes to performance against the stang.
I only see it being more expensive if they use more expensive parts. But if they do minimal body panel changes and use the mass produced LSA it should be right on target with the GT500. Maybe a little more expensive just because the base Camaro is a little more expensive.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #30
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrun2000 View Post
I only see it being more expensive if they use more expensive parts. But if they do minimal body panel changes and use the mass produced LSA it should be right on target with the GT500. Maybe a little more expensive just because the base Camaro is a little more expensive.
I'm guessing wild ball park figure is for all the addons no testing 43k per car then add in the R&D that would put it probably around 45-46k per car. for cost. then a nice 5% over invoice (all camaros so far have been 3%) and you have it around 48k. granted that's guessing at R&D cost per car.

but like I said I'm not much for the LSA. I'd rather have forged internals. seeing how I've blown 1 engine (ls1) already racing. Although I'd take a Gen V motor over both the LS9 and LSA even if it didn't have forged internals. just prefer NA. although eventually I would supercharge it or turbo it. I'd rather have a great base producing 500+ hp NA and be able to have greater growth potential.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #31
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
I know I have said it before but the LSA does have a forged crank and rods. Not as over the top as the LS9 pieces but forged just the same.

This has been a GMPP/Camaro5 update. And now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I'm guessing wild ball park figure is for all the addons no testing 43k per car then add in the R&D that would put it probably around 45-46k per car. for cost. then a nice 5% over invoice (all camaros so far have been 3%) and you have it around 48k. granted that's guessing at R&D cost per car.

but like I said I'm not much for the LSA. I'd rather have forged internals. seeing how I've blown 1 engine (ls1) already racing. Although I'd take a Gen V motor over both the LS9 and LSA even if it didn't have forged internals. just prefer NA. although eventually I would supercharge it or turbo it. I'd rather have a great base producing 500+ hp NA and be able to have greater growth potential.
Since the 3.6 comes with a forged crank, I kinda' wonder about a Gen V. I think it's because it spins to 7000, like LS7, but it Gen V is going to have something close to LS7 power, I wonder if it's because of the power level or RPM, or both... Hmm... I'd love it to have that stuff, though, so I can add a blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
I know I have said it before but the LSA does have a forged crank and rods. Not as over the top as the LS9 pieces but forged just the same.

This has been a GMPP/Camaro5 update. And now back to your regularly scheduled program.
I believe LSA rods are PM; not traditional forgings, and like you said, certainly not the Ti rods from LS7/LS9

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #33
wavrun2000
o come on

Drives: 06 GTO
Quote:

I don't mean to sound like an a**h*** but do you have a source for this?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #34
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
every body that is complaining are spoiled brats. i want this i want that. jeez just be happy with what we got so far. gm didnt mess up the SS what makes u think there gona mess up a nameplate with soo much rep and history.

i for one wouldnt mind a LSA like other have mentioned its been tested and has proven it self worthy. look at the numbers a cts-v puts out. put that into a camaro perspective which is lighter and see those numbers get smaller.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:36 AM   #35
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
My .02 but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the Z-28 as the "handling" car of the pack and upgraded the SS engine by then. If it were up to me, I'd love to see the LS-9 or LS-A in it. Who's to say now because it's all speculation. If the Z does have the bigger engine then because by then I'll have my mods done and no worries. Besides, there is always gonna be a faster car on the street than me/you unless you can afford the Veyron. All I know is that the rebirth of the Camaro is a wonderful thing for all of us Camaro & American Muscle/Pony car enthusiasts.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #36
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
My .02 but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the Z-28 as the "handling" car of the pack and upgraded the SS engine by then. If it were up to me, I'd love to see the LS-9 or LS-A in it. Who's to say now because it's all speculation. If the Z does have the bigger engine then because by then I'll have my mods done and no worries. Besides, there is always gonna be a faster car on the street than me/you unless you can afford the Veyron. All I know is that the rebirth of the Camaro is a wonderful thing for all of us Camaro & American Muscle/Pony car enthusiasts.
Actually now it's if you can afford the SSC Ultimate Aero lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #37
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Quote:

LSA has PM Rods: GMPP LSA 6.2L 556 HP
PM Forgings are stronger than cast material but not as strong as traditional drop forged material. www.forging.org

Last edited by blaSSt; 12-14-2009 at 01:13 PM.
blaSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #38
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
um that's what I was saying. I said hardly as in they are hardly close. the only real feature is the 6.2L displacement. so I hope you intended that for someone else. I was just commenting on what you had said that it was pretty much an ls3 with a supercharger and the ls9 a bigger supercharger.
well then im not sure why you responded to my first post were I was telling the OP if you label the LSA just a supercharged ls3, then you might as well label the ls9 just a more supercharged ls3, since both the LSA and LS9 are have similar modifications from the ls3. Although the ls9 takes it even further with the forged internals.

I agree with you that they are way more than just a supercharged ls3.
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #39
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
well then im not sure why you responded to my first post were I was telling the OP if you label the LSA just a supercharged ls3, then you might as well label the ls9 just a more supercharged ls3, since both the LSA and LS9 are have similar modifications from the ls3. Although the ls9 takes it even further with the forged internals.

I agree with you that they are way more than just a supercharged ls3.
I must have just miss read your post then. . .sorry.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:45 AM   #40
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
its ok, although i heard brick killed a guy.
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #41
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
ls7 or ls9. no lsa. internals are not forged and if planning on modding for more boost, motor will detonate without having forged internals. i say ls7 with lighter body and better handling. perfect car.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #42
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
ls7 or ls9. no lsa. internals are not forged and if planning on modding for more boost, motor will detonate without having forged internals.
Hennessey seems to be doin' allright with the modding...and the LS7 isn't completely forged, either.

We should also take into account...cost...