Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-20-2010, 07:24 AM   #57
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleinaweaver View Post
You are probably right about the Z28, but if they followed history there, it would be better represented by turbo/super charging the V6.
What makes you think "it would be better represented by turbo/supercharging the V6"?? I don't see where "history" supports that theory at all. If you wanted to follow history/heritage, then a new Z/28 would be a 5.0-5.5 L high revving powerhouse and have a suspension almost ready for full out road racing. Sorry, I just don't think a V6 would do justice in a new Z/28, turbo/supercharged or not.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #58
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Sorry, I just don't think a V6 would do justice in a new Z/28, turbo/supercharged or not.
Clyde
You know what needs to happen? GM needs to build an AWD Impala, and equip an SS version of it with a TT V6 to fight off the SHO. And they need to build a Crossfire-like Buick, and equip a sport version of it with a TT V6 to fight off the 370z and Audi TT.

This needs to happen so we can see what GM is capable of doing with a TTV6 without trying to shoehorn it into every new Camaro model that comes out.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #59
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You know what needs to happen? GM needs to build an AWD Impala, and equip an SS version of it with a TT V6 to fight off the SHO. And they need to build a Crossfire-like Buick, and equip a sport version of it with a TT V6 to fight off the 370z and Audi TT.

This needs to happen so we can see what GM is capable of doing with a TTV6 without trying to shoehorn it into every new Camaro model that comes out.
I'd love to see a retro Chevelle or Nova. Give those the TTV6... but also offer an SS trim for the Chevelle fitted with a version of the LS-3.

It would be bigger than the Camaro, heavier than the Camaro, more cargo space, and looser suspension. All of this making it a little less expensive than the Camaro. Old fashioned kinda stuff!!

Understand that I'm not a Chevelle lover.. I'd just like to see the classics return.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot pockets, z28