Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #1
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Thumbs up GM scores third straight monthly sales gain

GM scores third straight monthly sales gain

November 1, 2007

By KATIE MERX

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

General Motors Corp. reported its third consecutive month of light vehicle sales increases, with a 3.4% increase in U.S. sales in October compared with a year ago, despite an expected decline in overall industry sales.

GM reported sales of 307,408 cars and light trucks in October, up 10,007 vehicles from a year earlier. Light trucks consist of minivans, SUVs and most pickups.

GM reported 229,294 retail sales, led by sales of full-size SUVs, crossovers, the Cadillac CTS and the Chevrolet Aveo, Cobalt and HHR. Retail sales of Saturn vehicles were up 7%, the company said.

Cadillac had its best month this year, with retail sales up about 9%, the company said. Sales of the new CTS were up 75% from a year ago.

"Our strong market share performance and our ability to outpace industry trends on volume demonstrates the consumer acceptance of our new products," said Mark LaNeve, GM North America vice president of sales, service and marketing. "Over the past two years, our new products including the Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra, Cadillac CTS, full-size utilities, and mid-crossovers have all gained retail share following launch. Our committed dealer team has really stepped up to the plate, pushing all of GM's brands above the industry average in the recently released J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Index."

GM said its market share has increased more than 1 point to 25.1%, compared with the same period last year.

Contact KATIE MERX at 313-222-8762 or kmerx@freepress.com.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 AM   #2
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Very impressive, even more so considering less fleet sales. That turnaround plan sure is working something beautiful. GM is positioned well and they have momentum. I hope they use it to the fullest.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392

That is GREAT news.

As a lifelong GM person, I can honestly say that there isn't one GM model currently offered which I'd be embarrassed to own. (I couldn't alway's say that. :o )

Keep up the great work GM!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I can honestly say that there isn't one GM model currently offered which I'd be embarrassed to own.
Couldn't have said it any better! They done good, I like the comment about momentum...just think they haven't even really started, there are a few key vehicles that haven't even been released, yet: Malibu, Traverse, Camaro, G8, 08 CTS....this is gonna be fun to watch!

And of all the companies out there, GM has 1/4 of the market....exellent!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Couldn't have said it any better! They done good, I like the comment about momentum...just think they haven't even really started, there are a few key vehicles that haven't even been released, yet: Malibu, Traverse, Camaro, G8, 08 CTS....this is gonna be fun to watch!

And of all the companies out there, GM has 1/4 of the market....exellent!
Exactly. That is an awesome point. I can't wait to see what happens once these hit the market!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
ALL RIGHT!!!!! Good job, I liked Lutz when he pushed for the Viper and I like him still. He is good at giving people what they want.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
GM is on the right track. Right now, its like watching the tach. You see it climbing and climbing and when it levels off near the redline, you grab 5th gear and just take off. That's what will happen in 2009.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote