Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Should the V6 auto get a LSD?
Yes, it should be a standard feature. 38 51.35%
Yes, it should be an option. 24 32.43%
No, the stability control is enough. 14 18.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Should the V6 auto get a LSD?

Should the V6 auto get a Limited Slip Differential? As of now all models but the auto V6's will get one, so I would think it would just be easier in terms of streamlining production parts if they offered it. The LSD would most likely improve safety in bad weather conditions (I say most likely since I am not sure about the details of the stability control system). Additionally, since the auto tranny is an extra cost option, I think they should throw in a LSD just cause of the big price jump!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'd like to see it standard...

To me, it doesn't make much sense not to offer it on just one out of four configurable powertrains. I'd like to know their thought process behind the move before nagging about it, though.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
it should be an option just because it shouldnt be that hard for GM. more money for them, and im sure lots would opt for it
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'd like to see it standard...

To me, it doesn't make much sense not to offer it on just one out of four configurable powertrains. I'd like to know their thought process behind the move before nagging about it, though.
i think it should be standard.. at least an option...

and i think i know why they are doing it, but havent had any confirmation on the subject yet.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
and i think i know why they are doing it, but havent had any confirmation on the subject yet.
Would you offer us your speculation then, cause I have no idea lol! Fbodfather are you able to tell us why this is not yet avaliable?
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
Dom

Drives: 2000 Z28
This is a 2010 model. We had LSDs for how many years now in cars? They put all that safety crap for after the collision like 6 airbags, how about putting safety stuff to prevent one in the first place. Did any of the big shot decision makers ever got stuck in snow in freezing weather because of an inadequate car? Or do they just get driven by limos everywhere? I'm writing in two now three different threads about this. Trying to spread my anger so I don't go overboard.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #7
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
I don't see why the Limited Slip Differential shouldn't be included as standard fare! At absolute worst, make it optional. There is another question I'll throw out here that kind of goes with the Limited Slip Differential topic.

Awhile back I read ( I believe it was Doug Houihan ) that they were thinking of maybe offering the FE3 suspension on V6 Camaros. Anybody know where that stands?
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #8
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
I don't see why the Limited Slip Differential shouldn't be included as standard fare! At absolute worst, make it optional. There is another question I'll throw out here that kind of goes with the Limited Slip Differential topic.

Awhile back I read ( I believe it was Doug Houihan ) that they were thinking of maybe offering the FE3 suspension on V6 Camaros. Anybody know where that stands?
the v6 RS is a fe2/3 or fe2.5 setup other then that there havent been any changes that we know of
Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 AM   #9
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Not to be a jerk but you can select all 3 options for this poll, I don't think that's proper.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #10
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
It should be an option because I believe it will drive the price up a little ..

Crowley
Old 11-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams View Post
Not to be a jerk but you can select all 3 options for this poll, I don't think that's proper.
It should be standard, an option, and not a feature.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #12
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
The LSD would most likely improve safety in bad weather conditions (I say most likely since I am not sure about the details of the stability control system).
Why would an LSD improve safety in bad conditions? It's my experience that a RWD vehicle with LSD gets sideways quickly when the rear wheels spin, whereas an open diff allows one wheel to keep lateral stability while the other spins.

The LSD will get you up to speed faster on wet roads and help avoid getting stuck in snow, but it won't help safety (except the risks involved when you get stuck -- pushing a car isn't safe, nor is being stuck on a slippery road with moving traffic).
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #13
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
No I think you guys need to realize that they have a low price goal for the entry lvl Camaro. It's marketed to daily drivers.

So no they don't need it. It's got traction control so that helps if your slipping.

If you want the uber performance you need the SS or you wait to upgrade the powertrain later.

All these things people want on entry Camaro are a disaster. If GM can't move the LS in good numbers the car won't be produced for very long.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
RealQuickCamaro

Drives: Yellow
I think maybe you are forgetting that camaro has ABS which helps, traction control which helps and it has Stabilitrak stability control system StabiliTrak electronic stability control system --

GM's StabiliTrack electronic stability control system uses sophisticated vehicle sensors tied to the anti-lock braking system to help the driver maintain control during certain maneuvers. The system provides increased vehicle control by continuously monitoring the car's steering angle, individual wheel speed, brake pressure, lateral acceleration and yaw rate. The information is then used to compare the direction the driver is steering with the vehicle's actual path, so the system can make the necessary corrections to help the driver keep the vehicle on path. and traction control standard on all models
RealQuickCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote