Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 AM   #57
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xtrbo View Post
I saw that the Nissan GT-R has all the gauges the 2010 Camaro has, but they are on a video screen. You can customize what function you want to view too.

But with the Camaro gauge pod you are stuck with the gauges they put there. They should replace all those antique looking gauges with a LED video screen and let you see which gauges and in what order you want on the screen.
I take it that you've never had a digital dash or HUD just all of the sudden- stop working... If your screen goes out, everything you've relied on it for is gone too. GM certainly has the technology to do the same thing Nissan has done with the GT-R, but I'm glad they didn't do it for the Camaro. An LED display for the radio/nav is fine but a video screen for the gauges wouldn't "feel right" in a beast like the Camaro.... imo
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:12 AM   #58
2xtrbo

Drives: BMW 335 Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
also seems like your here to cause nothing but trouble. seems like you really don't like the camaro and won't respect others opinions on it. so my question to you is why cross forums for that?
First of all I do like the Camaro. If you think the Camaro is perfect and you know everything about the new Camaro and what it should be, then fine. Sorry I guess I have no right to make suggestions about a car that is still in development.

If you look at my posts, you will see why I am here. To talk about an exciting car and want it to be what it should and help out GM.

You say the Camaro is about performance at a blue collar price. I don't think the price has been released yet. So since you obviously have that information to say that, what is the price?

Last edited by 2xtrbo; 04-25-2008 at 06:22 AM.
2xtrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #59
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
First of all I do like the Camaro. If you think the Camaro is perfect and you know everything about the new Camaro and what it should be, then fine. Sorry I guess I have no right to make suggestions about a car that is still in development.

If you look at my posts, you will see why I am here. To talk about an exciting car and want it to be what it should and help out GM.

You say the Camaro is about performance at a blue collar price. I don't think the price has been released yet. So since you obviously have that information to say that, what is the price?
you are allowed to make suggestions but it's how you've come off in your responses to others views on the car. one post I'm definitely referring to has been removed. and some of the things that have been said are very true about this car. an interior like that is way to busy/expensive (mainly because the "playstation" screen). and like I said a button to show you how to launch a car? that's for some old fat guy, or young kid that his parents have tons of money and buy it for him, that can't drive worth a darn and wants to look cool. now the technology that is behind that is very cool. does it belong on the camaro. . .no. raises the cost. camaro is more about stomp foot, burn rubber, go fast. with the addition of IRS the thing will be able to turn better then the 4th gens, and a hella lot better then the 1st gens which it's a through back to. the interior is fine imo. would I like to see more cool options like a hud? yes but not at the price where I can't afford massive power.

What we know about the price. . .gm has said that it will be slightly more expensive then the mustang. so look to that for comparison. And can we agree that except for the GT500 and certain higher end mustangs the mustang is a blue collard performance car? but from that the camaro is NOT going to cost 70k+ nor will it cost 50k+. unless people are stupid and pay for a mark up that outrageous. so with that a new mustang GT is around 26. I'd say my personal opinion is the base v-8 camaro will be with in 2-3k of that. you can logically figure a ball park figure. That's definitely no 70k. and the people that are willing to pay mark ups. . .add 10k for the first few out. and then depending upon supply and demand 2-5k mark ups. as for me I've already tracked down the dealers that I'm looking at and NONE of them do the stupid AMV. and I'll be probably one of the lucky few that if by chance I get one the first converts I will pay sticker before discounts. but happy hunting and comparing cars that are in way different classes.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #60
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
I couldn't imagine driving a standard with the drivers side on the right.. That would throw me off so bad lol. Well until I got use to it atleast.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #61
crippled

Drives: MB clk430 02
Guys this is a forum about a car in devolpment, apparantly its the members here seem to have an intense lack of repsect, he voiced his opinion, i actually agree to some degree of what he is saying, and immediatly the other members here attacked him for voicing his opinion, sad, i think he has a few good points, the car is being designed for a new generation of people, and what appeals to the new generation is new technology, i mean i like to see something different
crippled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #62
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
If you read about the way the GT-R launches so well at the drag strip, it is all about pushing certain of those buttons on the dash. That is how you get 0-60 in 3.2, with a good no wheelspin launch. Then you leave the track and you want to drive casually so you hit some more buttons and you get a livable daily driver. If you want this kind of versatility, the buttons are useful.
Never said they weren't useful, I made a generalization that there were lots of things that aren't essential, and those buttons would be included in the list. How much does that launch control add to 0-60 times? in a car that makes 500+ hp (despite what nissan says), has all wheel drive, short gearing, and a gearbox that makes very quick shifts? I would bet that a good driver could match or beat the electronic system*. Therefore, it is not essential. I don't know enough about the car to determine its praticality as a daily driver. However, I would imagine that it doesn't get very good fuel economy based on what I've heard about the gearing and the awd system. I have no idea about interior comfort, ride quality, or interior room.

*and if you are not a good driver, you have no business going 0-60 that fast.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #63
2xtrbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippled View Post
Guys this is a forum about a car in devolpment, apparantly its the members here seem to have an intense lack of repsect, he voiced his opinion, i actually agree to some degree of what he is saying, and immediatly the other members here attacked him for voicing his opinion, sad, i think he has a few good points, the car is being designed for a new generation of people, and what appeals to the new generation is new technology, i mean i like to see something different
Thanks for seeing my right to talk about a car in development. And the way people are ready to jump on me lol.

And I took a stance that the gauges were a bit stupid and that is my fault. I think I will get used to them if that is what it ends up being. And there are going to be aftermarket interior bits and carbon fiber trim and stuff. We will all end up with a personalized interior if we care to mod, and I do.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #64
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Thanks for seeing my right to talk about a car in development. And the way people are ready to jump on me lol.

And I took a stance that the gauges were a bit stupid and that is my fault. I think I will get used to them if that is what it ends up being. And there are going to be aftermarket interior bits and carbon fiber trim and stuff. We will all end up with a personalized interior if we care to mod, and I do.
the reason I posted my first response if you didn't read the edit note at the bottom was the comment you made that was deleted by either you or a mod. out of the entire thread not one person said you were less of a man. and you automaticly jumped to that. and honestly that's why I had/have little respect for you. yes you may not like the guages and like the GT-R interior more. good for you standing your ground. but yea. it's an opinion thing. and more people even people that are young like myself (26) want something new. and the interior is a new take on an old style. I really don't think they had an LED information center between the original speedo and tach. if they did then why are we still driving cars now adays?

still apples (70K+) to oranges (20K-40Kish). GT-R cutting edge tech with a lot of wizbangdoodads to barebones brute force.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #65
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Oiy......

Please, Everybody:
Old 04-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #66
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippled View Post
personally I did not see anyone actually attack him or his character until recently. he asked for peoples opinions and he got them. most people here see certain things about the interior they don't like but over all are happy with it. there was a post deleted that rightfully so got deleted. I had started typing my first response up when it got deleted. that's why there was an edit to the bottom of it that said such. as for what was said who cares. I maybe in the wrong for how I stated some things but that's my opinion and I'm not sorry for it. as long as you don't back down from how you believe but are respectful about it I will show you respect. and on that note. . .

the interior is different. go sit in a 67-69. quality of the parts are 100000x better, guages are different, LED information center, tq guage, cd/mp3 radio that is a one of a kind. no one said that the technology was the issue. it's the price of the technology and how busy the GT-R's interior is compared to what an every day blue collard car will be. certain expectations are just out of reach for a car in this section of the market. also people like me that enjoy simplistic interiors like what we are seeing. the 06 concept I didn't like the orange band across the dash but feel the 07 vert was a hell of a lot better. that's my opinion in an opinion based thread.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #67
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
I thought it was Green day, not ignorance day.

Anybody who does not like THE GT-R is crazy IMO.

Same goes for the new Camaro. I want one of each and a Challenger and Ferraris always appeal to me.

Personally I'm going to start with a Camaro. I like the retro / modern blend, and I'll actually buy one.

You should buy a GT-R. But I'll bet you can't and need a reality check.
I don't think the GR-R is ugly, but it's not my taste at all. All I see is a 350Z that bulked up on a little extra rice. LOL

The interior though, isn't particularly attractive imo.

I can't afford a GT-R, but wouldn't buy one if I could. Heck, I probably would'n't buy a Corvette either. I'd rather have two cheaper vehicles (Camaro being one) than one ridiculously priced one.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 PM   #68
2xtrbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
and honestly that's why I had/have little respect for you. .
Ok whatever you are still going on with your personal issues and no one cares. Now back to the topic . . .
Old 04-26-2008, 01:07 AM   #69
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
KNOCK IT OFF.

I'm happy to close this thread too.............

Take it to the PM's if you must................
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote