Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #15
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Hey Paul SS thanks for the help yesterday. (Hope you didn't think I was calling anybody Big Dummy, I was talking about myself) Again Thanks.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #16
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
I've tinted my brake lights, reverse lights, markers, and DRL's. I didn't do my headlights because, while I was googling around to find pictures of what it may look like after, I ran across a few places where people said not to do it if you have the RS package. Something about the heat of the HID's not being able to dissipate properly and warping and/or cracking the headlamp housing. Now, as far as I know, HID's run cooler than halogens. So, despite me not understanding the logic of how HID's could cause that problem, it was still enough for me not to do it. Now you're making me want to again.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #17
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Hey Paul SS thanks for the help yesterday. (Hope you didn't think I was calling anybody Big Dummy, I was talking about myself) Again Thanks.
Your welcome. I know you were talking about yourself, I do it all the time.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
I've tinted my brake lights, reverse lights, markers, and DRL's. I didn't do my headlights because, while I was googling around to find pictures of what it may look like after, I ran across a few places where people said not to do it if you have the RS package. Something about the heat of the HID's not being able to dissipate properly and warping and/or cracking the headlamp housing. Now, as far as I know, HID's run cooler than halogens. So, despite me not understanding the logic of how HID's could cause that problem, it was still enough for me not to do it. Now you're making me want to again.
I am thinking I will have to removethe headlight tint due to local law enforcement request. Most of my driving is during the day anyway so I don't anticipate and problems. But I will keep an eye on them. Thanks for that info.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #19
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I remember someone had theirs tinted blue when we met up to go to a show last year. It was light enough with them on... nothing they should get pulled over for. They didn't look like police lights or anything, the tint wasn't dark enough to change the color significantly. Is that what yours is like? His almost just looked like an aftermarket bulb was in there. I didn't know it was tint 'til he told us.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
I remember someone had theirs tinted blue when we met up to go to a show last year. It was light enough with them on... nothing they should get pulled over for. They didn't look like police lights or anything, the tint wasn't dark enough to change the color significantly. Is that what yours is like? His almost just looked like an aftermarket bulb was in there. I didn't know it was tint 'til he told us.
I think mine are a little darker than the other ones you saw, take a look...

It is a pretty good match to the paint. My wife says "that sure is blue".
Old 08-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
cnorgren

Drives: Avalanche LTZ
Damn I am loving your light covers!!
cnorgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #22
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorgren View Post
Damn I am loving your light covers!!
Thanks, it is actually vinyl tint. I hope I get to keep them like that. I put it on when I had the fascia off to install the heritage grill.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #23
Vyscera

Drives: 07 K2500HD
The colored tints are easy to use. Always start with a lighter shade because you can just add another layer to darken them. We've used this to color match the odometer or radio read out in a couple silverados.
Vyscera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #24
Camaro2SSRS
"CHAOS"

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
I think mine are a little darker than the other ones you saw, take a look...

It is a pretty good match to the paint. My wife says "that sure is blue".
Yep, it's blue! Actually, I think it looks great.
Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #25
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

I might have to change out my front turn signal bulbs to clear ones because yellow and blue make...?