Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Passenger Airbag

I saw some pics on the site of the inside of the car and there was an area that said Passenger Airbag. Does anyone know if this is something that can be turned off or turns off automatically.

My Accords airbag turns off when my son is in the seat do to his wieght. He is only 9 but does love sitting up front. Hope that the 2SS has something similar.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I saw some pics on the site of the inside of the car and there was an area that said Passenger Airbag. Does anyone know if this is something that can be turned off or turns off automatically.

My Accords airbag turns off when my son is in the seat do to his wieght. He is only 9 but does love sitting up front. Hope that the 2SS has something similar.
i dunno about weight but i'm sure its to turn it off.

its in case you driving alone and, heaven forbid, something sets off your airbags - no point in paying for a new airbag in a seat no one was in (even tho it wud be ur insurance company paying for it)

my 540i has a sensor on the bottom of the seat that if it doesn't detect any weight it turns off the airbag - problem is the sensor is so sensitive if u ever kneel on the passenger seat to get something out of the back, it breaks and u have an Airbag Light ont eh dash
Old 10-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It should be deactivated by the same sensor that tells you to button your seat belt. This is an important concern because airbags are very expensive. A passenger airbag deploy could be the difference between a total and a reunion in a few weeks.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
There's a passenger airbag sensor in the front passenger seat. It's pretty much GM-standard at this point. Unless there's a certain amount of weight in the front seat (forget the number), the passenger airbag won't deploy. There's no manual override, though.

Name:  X10AR_CH016[1].jpg
Views: 681
Size:  203.6 KB
Old 10-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
my '06 canyon has it. I don't know the amount but it takes a good deal of weight to turn it on. I put a CRT monitor in the seat and it didn't activate the airbag.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote