Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
Insurance

hey guys,i'm a young member here,and i hope to not get flamed for making this thread,but one of my main concerns is my insurance rate,now i'm inclined to get a camaro v8,and i'm 21 turning 22 and my insurance on my current car is about 135 monthly,granted it is a chevy impala,a sedan,not a sports car,i'm hoping you guys can help me see or better yet fuigure out how much i might be spending on insurance,i am however waiting until i turn 25 to buy the car,i plan it to be a self birth day gift again,if this has been posted elsewhere please direct me to it,and i stress that i am new to theese boards....so i wont get too many folks mad
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
If you wait to by the car until you turn 25 it’s going to save you a ton of money… I believe my insurance rates were cut in halve on my next bill after I turned 25… Just make sure you keep your driving record clean…

If you purchase the car before you turn 25 the insurance company will ask you if you want sand add to the petroleum jelly!!!

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

heheh good stuff,but scince i never owned a sport's car i can only go by what my sedan is costing me,i know those are different,but if possible could you possibly tell me in numbers what i'll be facing? i'll ovioisly be paying the car and my state farm and i'm sure the car dealer will force me to have full coverege,ohh yea a quick question..why do red cars have higher insurance,i've heard rumors that people with red cars tend to drive a tad..just a tad more wreckless and get into more car accidents,not sure if this is true,maybe someone can enlighten me,cuz red was kinda one of the colors i was looking into getting =/
Old 08-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

oh yea Killer,thx for the imput,this really helps me out.

i appreciate it
Old 08-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Heh, I'm in the same boat as you Navy. I'm 20 and my insurance is $260 a month for an '07 Corolla and a '94 Pontiac Sunbird. I'm turning 21 in November, which is also the three year mark for 2 of my speeding tickets, so I'm hoping that helps a bit.

Unlike you, I'm not going to be able to wait another 3 years to buy the Camaro. As soon as that baby hits the lot, I'll be driving it out. Hell, I'll drive it off the truck if they let me!

Since I plan to keep the Corolla, I'm hoping I'll be able to insure the Camaro as a recreational vehicle which should save me lots of money. I'm not exactly sure how that works though.

If I can manage to keep my record clean by '09, I'd expect comprehensive coverage through state farm to be $3-400 per month. I'd be overjoyed if it was less, but not surprised if it was more.

Jesus... I'm going to need a new job!
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

well,as for insurance,i actually am getting a good plan,and in about a year a speeding ticket expires,meaning it'll be lower,and by state farm,i should get the good driver status,which helps a bit too,i can get it when it arrives,but in those years i'll be saving,i wanna put a good 20-25k down instantly,granted i dont win a fortune,thats alot for me,my current impala..i'm keeping for a winter car,the camaro for summer,i'm just anxious,man when u get it,i wanna hear from you,so i can prepare for whats coming
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
If I send my transcript in to them at the end of the semester I always get the Good Student Discount! Every little bit helps!!
Old 08-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
If I send my transcript in to them at the end of the semester I always get the Good Student Discount! Every little bit helps!!
Who're you with? State farm?

Anybody got Allstate, if you do - whadda you think of them?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:30 PM   #9
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Yeah...

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there! LOL

No complaints here, anyway!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:41 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
USAA also does the good student discount. Then, take defensive driving...it clears a ticket and also gives you a discount on your insurance.

I think most insurance companies give the good student discount.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:00 PM   #11
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Blue View Post
man when u get it,i wanna hear from you,so i can prepare for whats coming
You got it. I'm not going to have much to put down on the car when it comes out, especially if it comes out early. I'm expecting the car to cost me around $1,000 a month in gas, insurance, and payments. I sure do hope to God that I'm wrong.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Who're you with? State farm?

Anybody got Allstate, if you do - whadda you think of them?
I've personally never had State Farm, but listening to those who do have it for various things (car and home) they tend to be a little high.

When we purchased our house they wanted over $1000 a year for Homeowners. That's crazy. We ended up with the same amount of coverage for $350 a year from NJ Manufacturers. But EVERY other company was cheaper than State Farm...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #13
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

wow,to me..thats really a first,i have state farm and i'll tell ya,in my rates/research to me they were cheaper than geiko and all state,and before state farm,i had another company named magnum,huge among the hispanic community..they were *APING me..all in all if i do pay more,i dont mind,because they aside from getting me good deals,are always very nice,and i got discounts now cuz i got life insurance with them
Old 09-01-2007, 01:27 AM   #14
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Yeah, when it comes down to it, State Farm was a cheaper option for us.