Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #57
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
Is the roll cage there for just safety of the drivers or also for structural strength?
I assume safety when its in a production car. The regula chasis should be fine for normal speeds, but losing control at 150 mph is a whole different ball game.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #58
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
1st of all good pics

2nd any leakage on the times the camaro posted during its day at the track??
Old 04-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #59
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScott View Post
I totally agree with you on the rear end 91t/a. The rest of the car looks so tuff, but the rear looks..........strange.
Ya the back end does look a little...... odd to me too, maybe its just the amber lights.

It doesnt look all that bad with a front plate on it, I like it, altho im glad i dont live in a state that requires a front plate

Great pics.

Oh and the PS on the last page is absolutely Evil looking!!
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #60
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
1st of all good pics

2nd any leakage on the times the camaro posted during its day at the track??
I second his 2nd

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #61
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario82z28 View Post
everything looks great besides the head lights, they just dont flow with the front of the car.
be careful, with uneducated comments like that, the will be after u! i'll forgive, cuz your a newb
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #62
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by artist71 View Post
Thanks. Im super pumped about the car in SS form. I really think its gonna be amazing! It looks much better then the new Mustang..well..except for the Roush Stage 3.

that chop was so amazing.... now look at my avatar!

Anyone think those rotors need to be a bit bigger, lol!

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #63
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
I read that The Stig from Top Gear and the camera crew were on location at the time of those photos on jalopnik

I'm not a new member, just haven't ever written anything on the forum. I've been keeping up with this website since 2007. This is by far the best website, everyone is very cool, respectful, and passionate about the love for this car. Thanks Camaro5 and to it's members.
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #64
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrollcali87 View Post
I read that The Stig from Top Gear and the camera crew were on location at the time of those photos on jalopnik

I'm not a new member, just haven't ever written anything on the forum. I've been keeping up with this website since 2007. This is by far the best website, everyone is very cool, respectful, and passionate about the love for this car. Thanks Camaro5 and to it's members.
+1

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 04-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #65
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
this car might just be the top end camaro in its testing stages . big rotors, brembos, lower to the ground, looks like a funcitional front vent, race tire's, and a roll cage. there deff testing sumthin power in their to have a roll cage, and some high end braking system, and super sticky tire's.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #66
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
this car might just be the top end camaro in its testing stages . big rotors, brembos, lower to the ground, looks like a funcitional front vent, race tire's, and a roll cage. there deff testing sumthin power in their to have a roll cage, and some high end braking system, and super sticky tire's.
Your post makes perfect sense, however, remember that that track is regarded as pretty dangerous, even for supercars. It seems kinda' weird to me if they are doing dynamic testing on a chassis in a car with a roll cage when the production model would be without. MAYBE we can get a roll cage on the top model!!! j/k

I figured the rotors would be a little bigger but who knows what model this is and in what stage of testing it's in. Bigger brakes means more weight though so unless the car really needs them, they're just more weight to throw around. Since they have BREMBO on them, I'm sure they're going to be high quality and worthy to be on this car.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 04-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #67
Nitefox98

Drives: 1998 Firebird, 1931 Chevy
I'm guessing the brakes and roll cage are just for the nurburg run, and have nothing to do with what we will see on the car as far as production options.

I am curious what differences, if any, the lack of a spoiler makes at a track like the ring, where speeds get pretty high, even through some sweeping turns.
Nitefox98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #68
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
+1

Cool, a CA resident

So it is true, that is the Stig?

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #69
Cdn Camaroman

Drives: 4 Camaros
No doubt,there is something serious there....to put a rollcage,helmets,gloves and seems like racing seats,that car is packing something,and probably as close to final as it comes....very nice to see and tip-of-the-hat to the spies who got that one......
1996 Z28 SS # 004
Cdn Camaroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #70
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
...If it is...they'd better say something about it on TopGear. maybe they'll be more apt to give a good review.

I'd bet the rollcage is for saftey only. I don't think the chassis needs it for rigidity. But that leads me to wonder...why for saftey? And the only reason I can think of, is they're going to test Camaro's limits (if it has any ) so better to be safe than sorry.