Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
grunt

Drives: 2012 2LT RS ORANGE
Disgruntled Camaro owner

A Letter From a Disgruntled Camaro Owner
October 23, 2009

This is really interesting!

We receive quite a few letters from customers over here at Chevrolet. Some are good, and some offer “constructive criticism.” Normally we don’t publish them, but we really felt a need to share this letter.

The author, Roger B., gave us permission to share portions of the letter about his 2010 Camaro.

, Chevrolet Communications

I just have way too many problems with this car. Let's start with the exterior:

1. The styling is too aggressive.

I'm a pretty passive person by nature and I don't want the personality of this car to project onto me. The front looks like a snarling animal ready to pounce. Scary.

2. The paint is too shiny.

I spent last Saturday applying ZAINO to the car and I must have done it wrong because I can't even tell what color it is anymore (Victory Red, BTW). All I can see is shine and reflection.

3. It's too sexy.

What with the curves and hips that the body features I'm starting to have feelings about this car that no Christian man should have. I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure it's a sin.

Now about the interior:

1. The seat fits too well.

I think Oshawans must have busted into my house while I was sleeping and measured my butt because the driver's seat feels like it was made for my body. Creepy.

2. The audio system is too loud.

I can't even have a decent conversation with my wife because the audio system is always blaring Classic Rock and we're singing at the top of our lungs. That can't be good for marital relations.

On to performance problems:

1. They gave me the wrong motor.

When I ordered the 1LT several "friends" intimated that I was a wuss for not getting the V8. The V6 is a "woman's car". (I'm sure they meant no offense...) I think the Oshawans seriously screwed up and gave me the V8 because this thing is way too fast for a V6. It practically LEAPS when I step on the gas.

2. There's no indication of excessive speed.

I'm used to a car shaking like a gypsy wagon (pots and pans clanging, dead chickens swinging) when I approach 70 mph but this thing is way too smooth. I'm just casually driving, happen to look down and, to my understandable HORROR, I'm doing 85! Smooth as air hockey. That CAN'T be good.

Finally - general overall problems:

1. The odometer must be WAY off.

There's no way I've put that many miles on it already. Just because I drive 45 miles round trip over twisty-turny country roads to get a hamburger, it shouldn't add up THAT fast. 110 miles round trip for a Chipotle burrito shouldn't be excessive. And don't even get me going about a T-Bone steak!

2. I'm unable to keep up with my TV watching.

I don't know what I'm going to do when 24 starts up again.

3. I hate letting it out of my sight.

I find myself parking 6 miles away from store entrances (after letting the wife out at the door - I'm not a caveman...) because I'm deathly afraid some crazy, loony, Charlie Manson looking nut-job will give me a door ding. I'm seriously angry if a butterfly farts on my car. I don't think my heart can take the stress.

4. People keep LOOKING at me.

I feel like I'm in a July 4th parade! I really can't stand all the attention. My smile muscles hurt and my right thumb is going to be in a cast at this rate. Who needs that?

So, as you can see, I have no choice but to return the Camaro since I can't imagine any of these problems ever being resolved.

Oh wait - CRAP! I just remembered... I sold my 60 day return policy back to the dealer for $500. Well, I guess I'll just have to live with it. Maybe it will grow on me.

Signed - Roger B.

GM Contact:

Semper FI!!
grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48027
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I've seen this somewhere on this site already......
Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt View Post
A Letter From a Disgruntled Camaro Owner
October 23, 2009

This is really interesting!

We receive quite a few letters from customers over here at Chevrolet. Some are good, and some offer “constructive criticism.” Normally we don’t publish them, but we really felt a need to share this letter.

The author, Roger B., gave us permission to share portions of the letter about his 2010 Camaro.

, Chevrolet Communications

I just have way too many problems with this car. Let's start with the exterior:

1. The styling is too aggressive.

I'm a pretty passive person by nature and I don't want the personality of this car to project onto me. The front looks like a snarling animal ready to pounce. Scary.

2. The paint is too shiny.

I spent last Saturday applying ZAINO to the car and I must have done it wrong because I can't even tell what color it is anymore (Victory Red, BTW). All I can see is shine and reflection.

3. It's too sexy.

What with the curves and hips that the body features I'm starting to have feelings about this car that no Christian man should have. I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure it's a sin.

Now about the interior:

1. The seat fits too well.

I think Oshawans must have busted into my house while I was sleeping and measured my butt because the driver's seat feels like it was made for my body. Creepy.

2. The audio system is too loud.

I can't even have a decent conversation with my wife because the audio system is always blaring Classic Rock and we're singing at the top of our lungs. That can't be good for marital relations.

On to performance problems:

1. They gave me the wrong motor.

When I ordered the 1LT several "friends" intimated that I was a wuss for not getting the V8. The V6 is a "woman's car". (I'm sure they meant no offense...) I think the Oshawans seriously screwed up and gave me the V8 because this thing is way too fast for a V6. It practically LEAPS when I step on the gas.

2. There's no indication of excessive speed.

I'm used to a car shaking like a gypsy wagon (pots and pans clanging, dead chickens swinging) when I approach 70 mph but this thing is way too smooth. I'm just casually driving, happen to look down and, to my understandable HORROR, I'm doing 85! Smooth as air hockey. That CAN'T be good.

Finally - general overall problems:

1. The odometer must be WAY off.

There's no way I've put that many miles on it already. Just because I drive 45 miles round trip over twisty-turny country roads to get a hamburger, it shouldn't add up THAT fast. 110 miles round trip for a Chipotle burrito shouldn't be excessive. And don't even get me going about a T-Bone steak!

2. I'm unable to keep up with my TV watching.

I don't know what I'm going to do when 24 starts up again.

3. I hate letting it out of my sight.

I find myself parking 6 miles away from store entrances (after letting the wife out at the door - I'm not a caveman...) because I'm deathly afraid some crazy, loony, Charlie Manson looking nut-job will give me a door ding. I'm seriously angry if a butterfly farts on my car. I don't think my heart can take the stress.

4. People keep LOOKING at me.

I feel like I'm in a July 4th parade! I really can't stand all the attention. My smile muscles hurt and my right thumb is going to be in a cast at this rate. Who needs that?

So, as you can see, I have no choice but to return the Camaro since I can't imagine any of these problems ever being resolved.

Oh wait - CRAP! I just remembered... I sold my 60 day return policy back to the dealer for $500. Well, I guess I'll just have to live with it. Maybe it will grow on me.

Signed - Roger B.

GM Contact:
thats so cool,
i actually have tears of joy in my eyes.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I've seen this somewhere on this site already......
Same here...I saw it like two weeks ago...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
Beemer
"Red Rocket"

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Same here...I saw it like two weeks ago...
Sorry about that. Thing's gone viral.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
hehehe...it's that cool Beemer
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
We can sell our 60 day satisfaction policy back to our dealer? Really?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Sorry about that. Thing's gone viral.
Way too cool and couldn't agree more!