Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-25-2008, 07:25 AM   #99
sdimess84

Drives: 1996 SS S10
That grill looks amazing! This is going to be on sick car!
sdimess84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #100
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I will disagree with that, on closer inspection i think if it was just indented they would have some sort of mesh in there to make it look good, but it does look like to me that it is the same shade of black as the hood bra and not the car it's self, If it was being back recessed like that it would be much darker. Plus you can just about make out a couple wrinkles in it...
Yeah still think it's indented. although if it was open it would be cool. But if it was open then I think you would have some sort of mesh on there, not if it were closed.
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #101
Wiess
4th gen punk!

Drives: 94 Camaro Z-28
I like the rims though! I hated the ones they put on the Convertible! I hope they see production!
Old 02-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #102
bigralph

Drives: 2001 v6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Some quick PS.
Love the site.

Beautiful I can't wait!!!
bigralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #103
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
camero > Radcannon
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #104
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
Those are DEFINITELY Brembo calipers.

I'll even go to far as to say those are the same calipers used on the 2004-2008 CTS-V. With the script on the side, they even look like parts-bin CTS-V units.

4 piston front, 4-piston rear. The Challenger, Charger, Magnum and 300C SRT models use a similar arrangement.

I hope those brakes are not limited to just a top of the line SS model. I'd LOVE to option those out on a Z28.
+1

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #105
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well now, we have conflicting reports from people who have posted insider information before. Or at least bits and pieces of such information. I think that this helps to confirm Camero's place as being who he claims. Anyone else with me on this?

This is an online and mostly anonymous forum. So that means about the only member we can be sure is speaking with any kind of authority would be Fbodfather. So everone else goes firmly into the category of "speculator". Even if Camero posted his paystub online we still couldn't verify the truth in his statements. So take it all with a grain of salt and respectfully agree or disagree. Hell, pick sides if you want. But don't make the mistake of thinking anyone is a credible source when it comes to what GM is doing with the Camaro. Unless we are repeating what GM already said. And we won't know for sure until GM says it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #106
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
This is an online and mostly anonymous forum. So that means about the only member we can be sure is speaking with any kind of authority would be Fbodfather. So everone else goes firmly into the category of "speculator". Even if Camero posted his paystub online we still couldn't verify the truth in his statements. So take it all with a grain of salt and respectfully agree or disagree. Hell, pick sides if you want. But don't make the mistake of thinking anyone is a credible source when it comes to what GM is doing with the Camaro. Unless we are repeating what GM already said. And we won't know for sure until GM says it.
Of course. I could be a 14 year old kid, a 22 year old engineering student, or a 31 year old mechanic. Any of us can be anything regardless of our claims. We can all lie about anything we want. As a result, we need to take everything with a grain of salt as you suggested. But when people post technical information we need to know how big of a grain. The type of info that these people post has alot to do with thier credibility. The catch 22 of all this is, the only ones that could truly confirm that anything is true, are the others that make similar claims. But Fbodfather can't say much, neither can 3whiterag. I'm sure they know what engines the Camaro will get, as an example. But they can't tell us one way or the other. 80Zedder sounds like he is who he claims, we don't know. I could try to arrange to meet up with him while he's at work but then you would have to trust that I actually did that.

the whole point is, you can't trust everything but you need to trust somethings. Numerically, I would rate fbodfather at 99.99% reliable, 3whiterag at 99% (even though he doesn't say much), 80Zedder at 80% because we don't know much about him, Camero at about the same. But then we have RadCannon and CapitainSam. I put them at 50% at best. Nobody can really prove who they are, only show that its unlikely that they are lying.

anyhoo, back on topic
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #107
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The grill looks great. Just slap my SS on it and we're good to go. My only concern is the lack of a cowl hood. I see a little slope, but I fell in love with the cowl on the concept. I hope someone designs a nice cowl in the aftermarket if GM doesn't make one.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #108
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
And please everyone be Clear on this:

Those DGthe3 mentioned...there's nothing against you as a poster. We love all members we can get on this site - especially the good ones (And boy do we have great members, here). The only questioning is on the info you give. Similar ratings could be applied to the rest of us here (and I daresay that the credibility factor for us would be MUCH lower.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #109
Fanatic2010
Michael

Drives: 1998 Chevy S-10
Amen, I dont like all the B.S. that some people will put out there so others will just say "oh yeah he knows whats going on" if you know it you know it, I just love seeing whats going on with the camaro and guessing like the rest of yall on whats going to happen next!

oh and by the way I keep seeing the new photos and just loving every minute of it!!!!

Last edited by Fanatic2010; 02-25-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: had to put last part in
Fanatic2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #110
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Well, I can say this for sure....just so everyone knows...I am not at all affiliated with the Camaro team, GM, or anything even remotely close to the automotive industry. Everything I say about the Camaro is based on observation and what I've read. It will either be common knowledge/assumed fact, opinion, or complete guess, but I will never pose as a person "in-the-know" (I can only wish for that.....lol).

I hope no one is really lying about who they are or what they do. I would love for that to be true, but I know that it may not be. Almost everything that is stated as Camaro fact on here has to be taken with a grain of salt, even the "spy pics" have to be viewed that way (I still believe that many of them are what GM wants you to see, not what some spy photographer managed to capture...different topic).

Anyway, I hope I'm considered "one of the good ones" that Dragon mentioned (even though I can provide no insider information). If not, then I'll have to work on that. It has been a lot of fun being a member of this group, "getting to know" a lot of you, and sharing the enthusiasm we all have for this incredible piece of machinery.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #111
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
And please everyone be Clear on this:

Those DGthe3 mentioned...there's nothing against you as a poster. We love all members we can get on this site - especially the good ones (And boy do we have great members, here). The only questioning is on the info you give. Similar ratings could be applied to the rest of us here (and I daresay that the credibility factor for us would be MUCH lower.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #112
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
those wheels are 265 45 r 20 245 45 r 20

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote