Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
You know its not a big deal. If they dont like it thats ok. It only matters if you like it. I had a homeless guy tell me I should of bought a V8. I laughed, not to be mean but it was just so funny. Another person walking took the time to walk up and ask if it is a V8. I said no and they said to bad. I laughed again and of course he looked at me like I was insane. Be proud of what you have. Just because someone cant understand that a V6 can be as much fun is not your issue. This is not the old six that got 200 hp and 120 Tq. Sure its not going to burn your tires for a half mile but for the price its a beautiful car.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Some old fart stopped beside on a red light riding his bicycle (with pedals) today and yelled to me how the "old" camaros would "peel the tires of my new camaro" and how I didn't even know what real power was. I told him when you can afford something more then a bicycle come talk to me and I drove off. I really don't understand why people have to go out their way to say stupid crap just to get you going. Maybe it's because those people are such failures in life that this is the only way they feel better about them selves... I dunno

... But don't worry yourself I get crap too sometimes about my automatic transmission and how I "should have got a manual " I got the auto cus I wanted to, and I'm happy with it. It's like a must to have manual, like it's a must to have a v8, really who cares? I personally think a chimp can drive manual so it's nothing special to me, people act like they're so amazing like you need a degree to drive manual cus it's so complex and manly. I know I'm happy with what I got and paying so that's all that really matters.
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #17
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Every time you feel down, spend couple hours washing and detailing your car, after you finish step back and take a good look at it! I promise you is bring a smile on your face! You going to feel is all worth it! I learn that too today!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #18
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
(1) Don't apologize about what your money will buy!

(2) Don't be humiliated by how some random guy reacts to your car!

(3) Do put them on the spot if they put you on the spot!

I used to tow a little trailer with my Vette (with all my drag racing equipment on it), and invariably I would get stupid comments from people. Things like "I canNOT believe you tow anything with a Vette" from some tool about to get into his vehicle just down from mine. I just looked at him, smiled, and said "at least I'm not driving a white minivan."
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I have a little easier solution, I tell them Chevrolet would't let me get a V8 in my Camaro!!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
(1) Don't apologize about what your money will buy!

(2) Don't be humiliated by how some random guy reacts to your car!

(3) Do put them on the spot if they put you on the spot!

I used to tow a little trailer with my Vette (with all my drag racing equipment on it), and invariably I would get stupid comments from people. Things like "I canNOT believe you tow anything with a Vette" from some tool about to get into his vehicle just down from mine. I just looked at him, smiled, and said "at least I'm not driving a white minivan."
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #21
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
In 2012 I still try to figure out why people care about what others say, or think about them. If you aint paying my bills, feeding me, or putting clothes on my back. Then F&%k and your god damn opinions. Seriously !!!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #22
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
V6 is still a cool car. Plenty of power and it's still dead sexy. Why else would people be asking questions to begin with? I use my car for commuting and 99% of the time the extra power is doing nothing but consuming extra gas. Drove a V6 for half a day once and I like the engine. Nice and revvy and the front feels more lively than the V8. Haters gonna hate. People hate on my car too. **** em.,
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #23
Coltrane
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
Some old fart stopped beside on a red light riding his bicycle (with pedals) today and yelled to me how the "old" camaros would "peel the tires of my new camaro" and how I didn't even know what real power was. I told him when you can afford something more then a bicycle come talk to me and I drove off. I really don't understand why people have to go out their way to say stupid crap just to get you going. Maybe it's because those people are such failures in life that this is the only way they feel better about them selves... I dunno
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #24
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Looks like everyone in this thread missed that fact that every camaro made only has one V.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #25
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Wanna hear irony? Last person to hag on my V6 doesn't even have a drivers license OR a vehicle! I just don't get it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
V6 is still a cool car. Plenty of power and it's still dead sexy. Why else would people be asking questions to begin with? I use my car for commuting and 99% of the time the extra power is doing nothing but consuming extra gas. Drove a V6 for half a day once and I like the engine. Nice and revvy and the front feels more lively than the V8. Haters gonna hate. People hate on my car too. **** em.,
Yup. I test drove both and chose the V6 for commuting and I agree you can feel the difference in handling. I felt more comfortable just cruising in the V6 auto. Now If I where buying for a weekend play toy only, the V8 stick is much more fun for that, but for commuting, V6 hands down, heh.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Pal, don't sweat it and you probably did yourself a favor by anwering honestly...At least you got rid of him intruding in your space...........The peep was either from another planet or high on crack................No one in their right mind or with a IQ above 100...............asks how many V's a particular model car has........no one sane does. lol

I have never heard of anyone asking how many V's are in a car. I wouldnt even of known what he was talking about probably, just stared in a uncomprehending way......hp or L yes, but thats the first V question Ive heard of.

I agree though, just stay with the truth, posers get found out eventually and that would be much worse on the humiliation front in my opinion.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #27
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Looks like everyone in this thread missed that fact that every camaro made only has one V.
Every camaro ever made either has zero or one. In the 80s, the camaro had an inline 4 cylinder option.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #28
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-dreamer View Post
Every camaro ever made either has zero or one. In the 80s, the camaro had an inline 4 cylinder option.
Since this is a fifth gen site and the OP it taking about a fifth gen, I assumed everyone would get that I was taking about the fifth gen only.

Thus, as I said everyone has a V. And besides, who would ask something like that. I would have ask the guy if there was something wrong with him.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote