Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-14-2015, 01:39 AM   #29
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Weather bad very cold stock tires taking car in monday made the appointment will keep you posted, quickly had a brief chat with dealer service guy was snarky and didnt believe me
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #30
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
OP, since tranny and clutch issues seem to be the topic of the day, I am assuming that your car only has normal street use on it and has not been to any track day / competition events.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #31
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
OP, since tranny and clutch issues seem to be the topic of the day, I am assuming that your car only has normal street use on it and has not been to any track day / competition events.
1200 miles on the odometer no track days at all, my friend whos been driving manuals for almost 50 years drove the car and got grind so theres no way its human error I cant wait to hear what excuse chevy has in store for me.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:23 AM   #32
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
1200 miles on the odometer no track days at all, my friend whos been driving manuals for almost 50 years drove the car and got grind so theres no way its human error I cant wait to hear what excuse chevy has in store for me.
I hope all goes well, and look forward to their response as well. I know when I first started driving our 1LE 24000 miles ago, it was a big adjustment from the WS6 it replaced, and I made some mistakes. Now it is just about the smoothest clutch / transmission that I have ever had. I am interested in what they say. Hang in there.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #33
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
I will let you know what they say this week on mine, I ran Laguna again today and had the grind on EVERY 2-3 shift on the straightaway, once while battling a GT3 I was not very happy to say the least.
AND YOU WONDER WHY IN YOUR OTHER THREAD GM WILL NOT COVER YOUR CONCERNS..........YOU JUST POSTED TO THE WORLD YOU USE THE VEHICLE IN COMPETITION....SUPRISED THEY HAVENT PUT A COMPLETE WARRANTY BLOCK ON IT, THEN AGAIN I KNOW A FEW FOLKS IN DETROIT SEE IF I CAN SEND THEM THIS THREAD...

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #34
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Chevy will cover the car even when used on the track. I believe it was big Al that said no worries for this that track Chevy will not void or block warranties like other manufacturers do. In the 5+ years the Camaro has been out I have yet to see any track related warranty issues. I won't be surprised if the occasional dealer try's to get out of work because but they are supposed to cover it.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #35
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Chevy will cover the car even when used on the track. I believe it was big Al that said no worries for this that track Chevy will not void or block warranties like other manufacturers do. In the 5+ years the Camaro has been out I have yet to see any track related warranty issues. I won't be surprised if the occasional dealer try's to get out of work because but they are supposed to cover it.

Damage Due to Accident, Misuse, or Alteration The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused as the result of any of the following:

• Collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, or objects striking the vehicle
  • Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition. Proper vehicle use is discussed in the owner manual.
  • Alteration, modification, or tampering to the vehicle, including, but not limited to the body, chassis, powertrain, driveline, software, or other components after final assembly by GM.
  • Coverages do not apply if the odometer has been disconnected, its reading has been altered, or mileage cannot be determined.
  • Installation of non-GM (General Motors) parts
  • Water or fluid contamination
  • Damage resulting from hail, floods, windstorms, lightning, and other environmental conditions
  • Alteration of glass parts by application of tinting films

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:27 AM   #36
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOGGS-LS3-1LE View Post
Damage Due to Accident, Misuse, or Alteration The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused as the result of any of the following:

• Collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, or objects striking the vehicle
  • Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition. Proper vehicle use is discussed in the owner manual.
  • Alteration, modification, or tampering to the vehicle, including, but not limited to the body, chassis, powertrain, driveline, software, or other components after final assembly by GM.
  • Coverages do not apply if the odometer has been disconnected, its reading has been altered, or mileage cannot be determined.
  • Installation of non-GM (General Motors) parts
  • Water or fluid contamination
  • Damage resulting from hail, floods, windstorms, lightning, and other environmental conditions
  • Alteration of glass parts by application of tinting films

Ok, so "racing" and "competition" are considered "misuse of the vehicle".

Fine.

Surely though, they don't mean an "event" like taking an instructor on a track with you, and learning to drive and becoming familiar with the beast, to make one more safe and civilized on the street?

I can understand "racing against the clock" being categorized as competition, or a race even. But a lone dude, just going solo, on a few nice n easy hot laps, with no clock, no cars around even, but on a nice closed course circuit, getting to know their car, (and having fun too), like a few on here are doing like 3 events per summer, should not IMHO, be experiencing clutch system related issues, at these low mileages.

A potential Chevrolet 1LE client, upon reading some of these clutch/and consequent grind threads, IMHO SHOULD NOT have to immediately be forced to budget-in a new clutch system, onto those monthly payments, like extra reservoir, upgraded slave, upgraded TO bearing, upgraded this, upgraded that, before they even buy the car, just so that they can pull the cars legs a few laps at a local track, or even track school with some "peace of mind"?? C'mon now...

AT 20000...30000+miles on the odometer, one could begin to dismiss this, as wear n tear, gotta pay to play thing.

You cannot use the you gotta pay to play rule, at a mere 6000miles later after showroom, THIS IS bad advertising.

Just sayin'
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #37
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
AT 20000...30000+miles on the odometer, one could begin to dismiss this, as wear n
You cannot use the you gotta pay to play rule, at a mere 6000miles later after showroom, THIS IS bad advertising.

Just sayin'

X1000
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:28 AM   #38
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
AT 20000...30000+miles on the odometer, one could begin to dismiss this, as wear n tear, gotta pay to play thing.

Just sayin'
Yup, right there!