Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #57
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Is this a joke? I'm checking my calendar to make sure it isn't April 1st already. You have no business buying a brand new car at your age. Even if your family is very wealthy and chooses to support you in this purchase (at your age you will require a cosigner if you are financing any portion of the puchase price, and the insurance for a teenager on this type of vehicle will be prohibitively expensive) it would be a mistake.
Really? You're discouraging the purchase of a Camaro on a Camaro website? If he has the money then good for him. Buy an awesome car and help out the economy and GM.
I just think it's a little weird to tell someone they have no business buying a new car.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:46 PM   #58
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by T! E! X! A! S! View Post
You have given me a different perspective on this whole situation. I will definately reconsider buying this car, Im going to take you advice to heart.
Thank You.....
Wow thanks for listening and good luck!

Remember me when you are running some big corporation some day!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #59
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
You have given me a different perspective on this whole situation. I will definately reconsider buying this car, Im going to take you advice to heart.
Thank You.....
finally a kid who asks advice and listened! your alright in my book bro. and i DO hope you get a Camaro someday. another plus side to starting off smaller is you'll still have money saved, you can keep saving, and once you've gotten more experience and such you can grab yourself a very well optioned model. if you get a used car you can learn to work on it yourself w/o a HUGE fear of breaking something (my first car was practically my guinee pig lol)

Good luck on the decision dude
Old 11-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #60
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
ooh ooh ooh me too me tooooo i showed you love too^^
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #61
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Err i need a job anyone want to hire me lol

ok back to topic. a few years agp My brother bought a used 300hp g35 and
he has one speeding ticket no crashes no dents Nothing he bought the car
when he was 19 now he's 21 his previous car was a dodge neon

that car was so bad that 0-60 was like 15 seconds lol it was a hand me down from my parents

im 16 well 17 in a few months, and i dont plan on getting my camaro any time soon untill im 18 or 19.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #62
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
Quote:
Im not going to get in an argument with you. I have no idea what the Camaro is like, But I do know what a jeep is like, I knew that the camaro would perform exceptionally better than than the jeep. I just wanted to hear it from someone else to verify it
Yeah, that is actually the problem. I grew up having NEVER driven a car before (car as in CAR not automobile.) I had driven ford explorers, toyota higlanders, toyota tacomas, and f250s on a regular basis. Once i got my camaro at 17 it was gone within a week. The problem is that it DOES handle so much better than everything else that i had driven made me feel like it could keep going farther and farther.

I said the same thing to my parents as well, and had earned enough to buy it and a motorcycle (cbr 600 for those interested :P).

Of course with my ****ing luck after the car is dead the bike throws a rod a week after I get that as well. And for those wondering, I was only at 2500rpm at 30 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
I personally feel getting a brand new car for a first car is a mistake, but when i was 15 I wanted one as well. I got a used Camaro, used the same pleas to my Partents about responsibility and maturity, and yet I still managed to get into trouble with it.....It's all part of the process of growing up.
*facepalm* story of my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #63
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Thank You.....
TEXAS, I applaud you for seeking advice and for at least taking it into consideration. The beauty of this site is that you have a great mix of people and experience to bounce your thoughts off of and get feedback. I remember thinking at 16 that I could do anything and it was difficult to listen to my parents and take their advice. On here, you get a range of opinions. In the end, you ultimately have to make the decision and live with the results. Best of luck to you on whatever you decide.

BTW, I think I posted it in another thread, but go do some research on the power of compounding interest and saving money early. Take the money you have earned and put it into some kind of investment (IRA, CD, money market account, etc). In 20 years, you will be able to retire and buy as many Camaros as you want!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #64
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Thank You.....
One other thing - many of us here bought used Camaros at your age not only because that's all we could afford, but also it gave us the ability to learn a thing or two about repairing/customizing a car. Buy something new and you will lose a lot of the hands on experiance we all grew up on. Believe me, it's something you do not want to miss out on.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #65
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
I know that there are many stupid young drivers out there, but i also know that there arfe many older drivers who are just as stupid. It all comes down to the perosn
lots of drivers have stupid moments on the road .... both young and old...... it really comes down to EXPERIENCE.....

:5thgenvert:

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #66
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
One other thing - many of us here bought used Camaros at your age not only because that's all we could afford, but also it gave us the ability to learn a thing or two about repairing/customizing a car. Buy something new and you will lose a lot of the hands on experiance we all grew up on. Believe me, it's something you do not want to miss out on.
I do have to agree with that statement, even though im only 17, i remember working on my Dads chevy sprint all the time, since i was 8, with all our new cars now, i really dont get to that at all kind of does suck.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #67
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
This thread creeps me out.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #68
T! E! X! A! S!

Drives: No car
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
TEXAS, I applaud you for seeking advice and for at least taking it into consideration. The beauty of this site is that you have a great mix of people and experience to bounce your thoughts off of and get feedback. I remember thinking at 16 that I could do anything and it was difficult to listen to my parents and take their advice. On here, you get a range of opinions. In the end, you ultimately have to make the decision and live with the results. Best of luck to you on whatever you decide.

BTW, I think I posted it in another thread, but go do some research on the power of compounding interest and saving money early. Take the money you have earned and put it into some kind of investment (IRA, CD, money market account, etc). In 20 years, you will be able to retire and buy as many Camaros as you want!
I have already done this I put in a thousand dollars, and add one hundred dollars every month. If I continue do this I will have a million dollars when I hit 40
T! E! X! A! S! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #69
T! E! X! A! S!

Drives: No car
I Called USAA and the insurance is going to be 456.05 first payment. then every month after that its 212$ a month...haha alot less than the quotes on the internet
T! E! X! A! S! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #70
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
that's still 1200 or so/six monthss
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote