Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #15
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Does the Vertrek look really Audi to anyone else?
Audi Q5/Q7 knockoff

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
It was my understanding that all these GM promo pictures aren't photoshops or actual photographs but CGI images. So it's probably just lazy copy-paste from an automatic version of the image.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
It was my understanding that all these GM promo pictures aren't photoshops or actual photographs but CGI images. So it's probably just lazy copy-paste from an automatic version of the image.
If that's the case they are getting eerily good at CGI
Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #18
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
If that's the case they are getting eerily good at CGI
With the amount of money GM has on hand I don't see how they couldn't. They could release photos of the finished product without spending so much to actually build a production intent vehicle with all the proper trim and all the panel lines just right.

Do it in a computer and it's easier and cheaper.

The Verano shots though look like a normal shoot, high priced and as proper as can be. Those are real. The Sonic shots have a very CGI if not overly touched up look. Maybe those are just engine-less shells?

Maybe that's what I'm seeing; GM's touching up of the photos.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #19
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
needs to put some LUMPS on the Chevy GMC pickup, to flat sided, put some hips & some lumps on that thing.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #20
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Impressed with GM, Buick is world class. I really want the GMC
Ford has more crossovers because I guess 183,643,940 isn't enough.
Impressed with the new 300
1 Series M coupe =
Audi and VW interiors looks cheap and plain. These are the benchmark for interiors?????
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The 300C and passat look old already....those are new cars?

Everything from hyundai/kia is weird and gross-looking, naturally....toyota seems to have "little man's syndrome" trying to put the prius back into the spotlight, but doesn't matter because every version looks hideous...and the 1M doesn't look bad, but I'm not loving it, either.

The Audi is nice, as are the Fords.....maybe I'm biased, but it seems to me that GM has the most visually appealing display at the show this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper View Post
Audi and VW interiors looks cheap and plain. These are the benchmark for interiors?????
I think it's the ergonomics and material use critics love. They aren't much for style at all, though...
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #22
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
The C-max interior looks like an explosion in a parts bin, way too busy. The 1 series does nothing for me.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #23
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
What happened to the Passat? YIKES!

Audi A6....uh-oh
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #24
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Just took a good look at the VW and Audi pics again. Jesus, welcome back to 1999. o_o

Also, GM.. can we haz Diesel?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #25
Berean

Drives: Truck
GMC and BMW-1

That Vertrek isn't bad either.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #26
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
Anyone else quite disappointed in the 2011 North American International Auto Show?

I thought that GM would be unveiling quite a bit of new products. Instead they unveil the Sonic which don't get me wrong is a nice small car. But it's quite boring and something we've already seen before just under a different name. Cadillac should have unveiled the XTS production or an ATS concept or something exciting! Instead they unveil a damn race car. Sorry, but who the f*ck cares about a race car. I will not be driving the race car or purchasing it so why did they make a big deal of it's unveiling. Buick unveiled the Verano which is also a really nice car but I thought they would have unveiled more than that considering how strongly they are trying to change their image. GMC, well the All-Terrain concept is cool, but I feel they should have shown something different not sure what but something.

Overall I'm very disappointed. I thought we'd be seeing an array of new product coming from the General. I for sure thought the 2012 Malibu was gonna be there, the z28 (very disappointed this didn't show), the next application of the Volt technology, and there are other vehicles i figured would show up.

Just figured they would unveil more than 1 car for each of it's brands. Heck, not sure if you can even count the Cadillac race car as a car because it's not even available for public to buy.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #27
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
Anyone else quite disappointed in the 2011 North American International Auto Show?

I thought that GM would be unveiling quite a bit of new products. Instead they unveil the Sonic which don't get me wrong is a nice small car. But it's quite boring and something we've already seen before just under a different name. Cadillac should have unveiled the XTS production or an ATS concept or something exciting! Instead they unveil a damn race car. Sorry, but who the f*ck cares about a race car. I will not be driving the race car or purchasing it so why did they make a big deal of it's unveiling. Buick unveiled the Verano which is also a really nice car but I thought they would have unveiled more than that considering how strongly they are trying to change their image. GMC, well the All-Terrain concept is cool, but I feel they should have shown something different not sure what but something.

Overall I'm very disappointed. I thought we'd be seeing an array of new product coming from the General. I for sure thought the 2012 Malibu was gonna be there, the z28 (very disappointed this didn't show), the next application of the Volt technology, and there are other vehicles i figured would show up.

Just figured they would unveil more than 1 car for each of it's brands. Heck, not sure if you can even count the Cadillac race car as a car because it's not even available for public to buy.
NAIAS isn't the BIGSHOWOMG thing it used to be. Expect that sort of stuff from Chicago or New York..

Z/28 is still a ways off. At the earliest look for New York. FBod even said that the Z/28 was no where near ready for NAIAS '11. It's still well into Mule testing but not near CTF testing.

Besides they have the Vert there, with the Sonic and the Volt I think they have a sound show for us non GM nuts. Look at it that way. Hell they also have the Verano which for what it is would kick the crap out of the Z/28 as a money maker. And in todays age, that's what it's about. The Z/28 is a niche product like the Z06 and ZR1.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post

I wasn't expecting the Z28 (since Fbodfather said it wasn't going to be there) but I was expecting more from GM. Might have been better if the GMC All-Terrain wasn't shown early. Its their best piece in the show, and clearly a message about what the brand is, but since we've already seen it its not as impressive. I would have liked to see a show stopping Buick, and a sneak peak at a new Chevy (preferably a new large sedan)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote