Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
neenja_jenkins

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
That feeling when...

...you're ZL1 finally arrives, and everyone at the dealership drops the ball. Come into the office today to see a voicemail left on my office phone. Turns out my car arrived days ago.

So, In no particular order...
  • Car arrived a few days ago, no call at home or on cell
  • My sales guy isn't around for whatever reason, which is the reason for number 1 probably.
  • Another sales guy has been trying to message me and let me know, but somehow everyone had the wrong contact number (even though my salesguy had the correct number, and my number is literally on every piece of paper they have) and were calling my work phone.
  • I do half the week at home and half in the office, so it was sheer chance I got this message when I did.
  • They basically say, "you're car arrived, come pick it up"
  • Now I'm annoyed, but excited that it's finally here, so I think to myself that I can probably overlook this, because I'm totally just overreacting right?
  • I arrive to pick up the car, only to notice it isn't detailed, or sitting with the new cars, or on the showroom floor, it's over on the other side of the dealership, with the used cars, sitting next to the wrecked ones at the repair place.
  • Find out they messed up the front end getting her off the truck, and it needs to be repaired before I can pick it up. There are scratches on the front lip, and it looks like the front bumper was caught on something, as the area where the front bumper connects to the fender (near the front turn signal) is visibly misshapen, and probably can't be fixed, and the fog light also doesn't work anymore (probably just disconnected though).
  • So, they've had the car for days already, and haven't fixed or even started repairing it yet.
  • The front bumper probably needs to be completely replaced, which will delay the repair even more.

Ugh. Sorry, needed to vent.
neenja_jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
I wouldn't get it myself...I do not want my new car to have a repair history. I may forgive this with a discount in the area of like say; mucho / chingos type of savings.

Sorry friend.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #3
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
I know this is not a good start for you. They will make it right. Don't let this ruin your experience for you. If for some reason they don't do what is right, then at that point I would move on. It'll work out. Enjoy that beast!!
Old 01-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #4
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Sorry to hear that man! Could be another reason they didn't call. They've been waiting on parts to come in to fix it before they let you know. I still would've appreciated a call in that case. "Hey, your car is in, but we had a mishap during delivery, and have some parts ordered to fix it." I'm sure it'll all work out.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:08 AM   #5
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
It is a good run of bad luck, BUT you are getting a ZL1, and thats better than a sharp stick in the eye!
Old 01-27-2017, 08:34 AM   #6
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Wow...sorry to hear this...after all of that, I wonder what they have not told you about your car...I would not buy that car or any car from that dealership. I would definitely be walking away. I would need a substantial discount on that car for me to even consider it and they probably will not give you much of a discount since they are repairing everything, but that is not really a new car anymore.

I will be honest, I have fears about the delivery of mine as well. So many reports of thin paint on these Camaros and the one ZL1 that I did see at a dealership already had swirl marks in the paint. I am considering asking them not to wash it at all. It's not like any dealership is paying for a top of the line detailer to work there. Probably just shop guy spraying water on your car using a semi-clean towel to dry it...light scratches everywhere...~sigh~
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #7
Robmypro

Drives: Lexus
That sucks. On the plus side they haven't detailed it, which would just be another opportunity for them to screw it up. If you do end up keeping the car i would not let them detail it.
Robmypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:48 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by neenja_jenkins View Post
...you're ZL1 finally arrives, and everyone at the dealership drops the ball. Come into the office today to see a voicemail left on my office phone. Turns out my car arrived days ago.

So, In no particular order...
  • Car arrived a few days ago, no call at home or on cell
  • My sales guy isn't around for whatever reason, which is the reason for number 1 probably.
  • Another sales guy has been trying to message me and let me know, but somehow everyone had the wrong contact number (even though my salesguy had the correct number, and my number is literally on every piece of paper they have) and were calling my work phone.
  • I do half the week at home and half in the office, so it was sheer chance I got this message when I did.
  • They basically say, "you're car arrived, come pick it up"
  • Now I'm annoyed, but excited that it's finally here, so I think to myself that I can probably overlook this, because I'm totally just overreacting right?
  • I arrive to pick up the car, only to notice it isn't detailed, or sitting with the new cars, or on the showroom floor, it's over on the other side of the dealership, with the used cars, sitting next to the wrecked ones at the repair place.
  • Find out they messed up the front end getting her off the truck, and it needs to be repaired before I can pick it up. There are scratches on the front lip, and it looks like the front bumper was caught on something, as the area where the front bumper connects to the fender (near the front turn signal) is visibly misshapen, and probably can't be fixed, and the fog light also doesn't work anymore (probably just disconnected though).
  • So, they've had the car for days already, and haven't fixed or even started repairing it yet.
  • The front bumper probably needs to be completely replaced, which will delay the repair even more.

Ugh. Sorry, needed to vent.
That's miserable...sorry to hear it!

I'm sure it'll be all right in the end - and you'll forget all about it as you're driving around.

Please take my advice to ensure the above well-wishes come true...

Go over the finished repair with a fine-toothed comb before you take it off the lot. Look at screws, lights, fitment, paint quality. Check to make sure all the aero/cooling baffles and chutes inside of the front clip look like they're installed correctly. Look underneath to ensure the strakes are in place and no screws are missing/or crooked that mount the front splitter...

...No matter how eager you are to take it home - Check everything over 3 or 4 times. And then check it again when you get home.

I made the mistake of "trusting" my local dealer's body shop (accredited w/ gieco, best in the area, blah blag) to repair damage to my '14 after a deer hit me. ...and I ended up returning to the dealer Eight (8) times to repair their repair. There's a lot of parts being put together, especially up front, especially on a ZL1...more than most people realize.

I hope your place is better than mine, and nothing will need to be redone - that's the way it should be. But in the event it's not...try to be patient and check everything over, thoroughly.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #9
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Which dealership?
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #10
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Nobody is pointing a gun at you and forcing you to accept the car. Stand your ground, don't let your emotions take over and don't sign off on the car until you are 100% satisfied that it is completely acceptable. You have all the power and leverage before you sign on the dotted line. Once you sign off on the deal, the dealership is pretty much in complete control.
Good luck and stand your ground to get exactly what you want.

Best regards,

Elie
Old 01-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
neenja_jenkins

Thanks for the support and advice. I really just needed to complain to someone who understood I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I wouldn't get it myself...I do not want my new car to have a repair history. I may forgive this with a discount in the area of like say; mucho / chingos type of savings.

Sorry friend.
I'm certainly ready to walk away provided things aren't satisfactory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
I know this is not a good start for you. They will make it right. Don't let this ruin your experience for you. If for some reason they don't do what is right, then at that point I would move on. It'll work out. Enjoy that beast!!
Right. It's just frustrating. Even the ordering process was difficult. They lied about allocation, and when I went in the cancel my order, it just happened to be the day round 2 of orders opened up, and they got one. So I kept my order there, but I'm less than thrilled with their customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
Sorry to hear that man! Could be another reason they didn't call. They've been waiting on parts to come in to fix it before they let you know. I still would've appreciated a call in that case. "Hey, your car is in, but we had a mishap during delivery, and have some parts ordered to fix it." I'm sure it'll all work out.
I think it's exactly why they didn't call. I'm just confused as to why they wait a few days, decide to call anyway, tell me to come get the car, then have me show up to see they haven't done anything to it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locktyght View Post
It is a good run of bad luck, BUT you are getting a ZL1, and thats better than a sharp stick in the eye!
True. Very, very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
Wow...sorry to hear this...after all of that, I wonder what they have not told you about your car...I would not buy that car or any car from that dealership. I would definitely be walking away. I would need a substantial discount on that car for me to even consider it and they probably will not give you much of a discount since they are repairing everything, but that is not really a new car anymore.

I will be honest, I have fears about the delivery of mine as well. So many reports of thin paint on these Camaros and the one ZL1 that I did see at a dealership already had swirl marks in the paint. I am considering asking them not to wash it at all. It's not like any dealership is paying for a top of the line detailer to work there. Probably just shop guy spraying water on your car using a semi-clean towel to dry it...light scratches everywhere...~sigh~
It's a possibility. It's just frustrating.
That was my original plan too. The dealer assured me that they'll detail it with the utmost care though, so I we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmypro View Post
That sucks. On the plus side they haven't detailed it, which would just be another opportunity for them to screw it up. If you do end up keeping the car i would not let them detail it.
Well shit. Now you guys are starting to worry me. Guess I'll call and ask them not too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That's miserable...sorry to hear it!

I'm sure it'll be all right in the end - and you'll forget all about it as you're driving around.

Please take my advice to ensure the above well-wishes come true...

Go over the finished repair with a fine-toothed comb before you take it off the lot. Look at screws, lights, fitment, paint quality. Check to make sure all the aero/cooling baffles and chutes inside of the front clip look like they're installed correctly. Look underneath to ensure the strakes are in place and no screws are missing/or crooked that mount the front splitter...

...No matter how eager you are to take it home - Check everything over 3 or 4 times. And then check it again when you get home.

I made the mistake of "trusting" my local dealer's body shop (accredited w/ gieco, best in the area, blah blag) to repair damage to my '14 after a deer hit me. ...and I ended up returning to the dealer Eight (8) times to repair their repair. There's a lot of parts being put together, especially up front, especially on a ZL1...more than most people realize.

I hope your place is better than mine, and nothing will need to be redone - that's the way it should be. But in the event it's not...try to be patient and check everything over, thoroughly.
Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely not moving the thing an inch until I'm happy. I'm just torn on asking for a substantial discount, or accepting a new front end. The damage isn't that bad really, it's just in such a place that I can't help but assume that more damage was done underneath, and it'll need a new front end. I may even ask to see in detail what was fixed underneath the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Which dealership?
Maybe I'm being too nice, but I don't want to throw their name out here yet (though I probably should since even their service department sucks from experience). Assuming this continues going south, I'll blast their name here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
Nobody is pointing a gun at you and forcing you to accept the car. Stand your ground, don't let your emotions take over and don't sign off on the car until you are 100% satisfied that it is completely acceptable. You have all the power and leverage before you sign on the dotted line. Once you sign off on the deal, the dealership is pretty much in complete control.
Good luck and stand your ground to get exactly what you want.
Agreed. It's just frustrating is all. This is my first "big-boy" car purchase of a new car. This is supposed to be memorable, (in the good way) but it's turning into a shitshow. So who knows what happens going forward, but I'm pretty upset about everything so far.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #12
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
It's always a shit show. How many miles on it?

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:19 AM   #13
neenja_jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
It's always a shit show. How many miles on it?
It hasn't even been inspected or whatever by the dealership yet, so it's got 3 miles on it. I'm fairly confident that this didn't happen during a joyride (but no way to be sure I guess).
Old 01-27-2017, 10:37 AM   #14
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Walk away and order another one...

Trust me. There's no way they'll fix this back to OEM standards.

Find a difference dealer. Unless they can give you a big discount and your personal friends with the repair shop forget it....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote