Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #29
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
I've dealt with RX and Matt @ FSP. Matt is excellent. My 1LE Separators will be here tomorrow from RX after 5 weeks of waiting. I can't wait to see what I find when I open the box. Slightly anxious to say the least.
Amazing how your getting your CC in 5 weeks and I've been waiting over 10 weeks.... glad I put in a dispute with my credit card company yesterday.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #30
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
I have a monster catch can on my whipple anyone make some good lines with good check valves I hate to be running cheap check valves and get into trouble.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #31
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
To tell the truth their are only two shops on this site that I would trust with my car. Ted Jannetty at Jannety Racing or Andy at ADM Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
I agree, but I'd add Livernois Motorsports as well.
Unfortunately, none of those people work on the LLT motor, doubt they work on the LFX either.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just a question about the RX catch cans, did they change something about the check valves? I bought mine about 11 months ago and I have put about 10000 miles on my car since, I have checked my TB a couple times and emptied the catch can 4 times and have had no issues. Should I still be worried that the check valves will fail, or are older cans different?
Thanks
Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #33
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
I have a monster catch can on my whipple anyone make some good lines with good check valves I hate to be running cheap check valves and get into trouble.
http://www.rippmods.com/30psi_PCV_Valve_p/pcv1.htm
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #34
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Just a question about the RX catch cans, did they change something about the check valves? I bought mine about 11 months ago and I have put about 10000 miles on my car since, I have checked my TB a couple times and emptied the catch can 4 times and have had no issues. Should I still be worried that the check valves will fail, or are older cans different?
Thanks
Not sure. I've had an RX catch can for a while and no issues. I will be changing cans though, my FI system doesn't seem to like the RX can and I've heard from a few ppl RX cans are not good for FI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #35
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
Amazing how your getting your CC in 5 weeks and I've been waiting over 10 weeks.... glad I put in a dispute with my credit card company yesterday.
He didn't get a catch can. It's a different product.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
Old 07-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #36
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
After looking at some of the pics of your build, I question whether Rx customers are being deceived on the effectiveness of its catch can. Mine never really seems to catch anything. I installed a filter after the can and it caught oil. You also cannot take it apart. Who knows what is or isn't in there. Any third party reviews of its effectiveness available? Hard to put your faith in a product from a company when you see threads like this.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #37
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
For non FI cars I cannot find anyone or any reason to have a check valve on the can. There is no check valve in the original setup. With the oil residue that goes through the valve it is likely to fail. On the FI cars it all depends on your vacuum setup if any check valves are needed. The RX can does have a really good filtration system. But most problem have been either connection issues or valve issues. The Saikou Michi cans have the same filtration and will provide quality check valves externally if needed. You can't go wrong with the elite either but it does only have one stage filtration.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #38
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
sub
Old 07-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #39
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
He didn't get a catch can. It's a different product.
Correct. I have had my RX catch can and breather for over a year now. I ordered two 1LE style breather kits. Supposed to be an improved method of doing the breathers job. For what its worth my current RX products look and work fine. Not saying I stand behind the company though, mind you.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #40
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
I have the RX catch can and the RX Throttle Body. I've had no problem with either.

I personally think that RX (Tracy) are good people, just they can't keep up with the demand.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #41
inf3rno

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
I want to see tracy explanation here
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #42
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
This is from 2010 (a different forum). I was directed to this information a while back. The validity of this information is for you to judge.

Originally Posted by Bone
It has come ot my attention that RevXtreme has been screwing over a lot of people lately. They have also been working really hard to conceal their bad business dealing by changing their name several time over the last few years. It seems that people just need to know to just stop doing business with them!

They have changed their name 6 times from revxtreme, revxtreme auto sports, revxtreme motorsports, revxtreme performance & engineering, RPE and possibly others as well. How many times are they going to pull this crap? Seems to be as many times as it take for the state or someone else to step in and handle things and force the owner to not be able to do business anymore. Anyone who gets something done there is taking a big chance with their money and car as well with some of the information that has come to light lately.

Searching other forums will yield that they have ripped off a many many other people. One was sold a set of heads that were not what they said they were, One for $400, another for $126.00, yet another for $4000.00, another at $50.00, another @ 130 bucks, and still yet another @ $9,500.00 ( something to with still owed on a corvette), the list continues with one for $2,250.00 and they didn’t even do work to his car. They have also stolen some parts off the last ones car another they broke some stuff on his car and didn’t fix it, they send out cars unfinished and try and hide stuff they mess up.

A Guy named Justin Mizell owns the place is the old owner of revxtreme he is also partners in a couple of other businesses from what I can tell, I just don't have those companies names at this time. “revxtreme” operated illegally without insurance, under another companies sales tax permit and without an MVR for the time they were open.

Not only has this Justin Mizell screwed over his customers he's also screwed over business partners. From what I've been digging up Josh of Disturbed Customs was baited by this Justin Mizell into becoming a business partner. Josh had moved his entire family to the area for this business venture and as a result of all the lies and deviousness has lost many thousands of dollars.

What this boils down to is that no one should be doing any kind of business with any company that Justin Mizell is associated with IMHO. Also keep in mind that this information is accumulated from several websites and may be subject to flaws. But I personally think people should be taking their business from revxtreme and talking to Disturbed Customs. From what I've been reading Josh has some honor and devotion to do things the right way and conduct himself and his company much better than others.

Revxtreme has NOT been a reputable shop since Tracy Lewis bought out his partner. Tracy is the reason why his partner, Dino, left. Dino could not stand the way Tracy constantly lied to him and customers, mishandled the financials, and was shady about everything he did.
The reason for so many name changes is Tracy is trying to avoid the government and bill collectors. In the buyout contract, Tracy stated that he would assume any and all debt that belonged to the company. Also in the contract, Tracy was supposed to remove Dino's name from all debt and refi the loans in his own name. Again, he did not do that, so he could purposely screw his former partner over. In typicaly lying Tracy fashion, he defaulted on three separate HUGE bills, purposely to stick it to his former partner. Tracy pm'd Dino and stated, "If you don't stop talking shit about me not paying my bills to people, I'll file bankruptcy and let them come after you" since Dino's name had not been removed, per Tracy's agreement. Oh, and yes I do have access to all of this in black and white.
Dino wanted to sell his half of the shop to somebody other than Tracy, hoping that it would get somebody in there that could handle Tracy and his antics, and turn it around to make it the shop it once was when Dino ran it alone. But Tracy told JP that he wanted it all for himself and he would do whatever it would take to get Dino out and have it all. So Tracy made his wife quit her job, cash out her 401k and he paid Dino for his 50% of the company. Then Tracy told everyone that Dino MADE him make his wife quit her job, when in actuality, when Tracy approached Dino about this, Dino told him that it was NOT a good idea, since she was the only one in the household that had a steady income, since Tracy and Dino did not have a sure and steady paycheck coming in regularly. But Tracy's greed overtook his little brains that he has and he made his wife quit so he could have it all for himself. There were a few other people who were sincerely interested in purchasing Dino's half, but Tracy ran them off when Dino wasn't around.
Tracy's work ethic is lacking to say the least. He has been witnessed porting heads while they are still on the block. He has tried to sell engines as 500+ horsepower beasts, without ever hearing them run or knowing what was really in them. (come to find out, one engine was missing an oil pump and had 2 disintegrated pistons) Tracy would buy flood cars from New Orleans and clean them up and sell them as clean title cars. He sold unnecessary parts to people, like when he sold an LS6 intake to a guy with a 2002 SS Camaro. (They have an LS6 intake on them from the factory). Tracy damaged many cars and hillbilly rigged things to cover it up. For instance, he caused body damage on at least 3 cars by moving them in an enclosed trailer and not strapping them down, just put the ebrake on. He threw things in the shop, damaged customers cars, then would try to buy paint to spray-bomb the car to cover it up and make it not so noticeable. He loves to take customers cars out and beat on them. Why do you think the blue twin turbo corvette has been in that shop for over 4 years? Everytime it got running, he would take it out and break it. It got so bad, the owner told him to just sell it, then went and bought an M5. Anytime anybody would say anything negative, Tracy would threaten to sue for slander even though there was no slander. He likes to throw that word around, but really doesn't have a clue on what slander is. (Nor can he afford an attorney to file a suit.)
With as many people as he has crossed and made bad blood with, his day is coming. Sooner or later, Tracy Lewis will get pinched, and IF he's lucky, it will just be the government putting him in jail, and not one of the many other not-so-nice people that he's screwed over coming to get theirs.
I could go on for days, because I had the misfortune of spending way too many months and years in that mess. Just be warned, if you do business with Tracy Lewis and any of his associates, you will get screwed over in one way or another. He's one of the best snake oil salesmen this side of the Mississippi, but you now have been warned by somebody who saw many bad things first hand.

Closed Thread