Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #1877
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Go to his graduation. You will be glad you did later on in life.
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #1878
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Yeah I think I'm just gonna have to suck it up. *sad*
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #1879
todrules
Rollin' Green

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
What day is his graduation? Any way you could do both? Maybe as a "graduation present" you and him could fly to the Fest for a day or so.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #1880
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by todrules View Post
What day is his graduation? Any way you could do both? Maybe as a "graduation present" you and him could fly to the Fest for a day or so.
He graduates on Saturday. If it was Friday it would be different. Alot of depends on what time is his graduation.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #1881
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Skip graduates college the weekend of Camaro5Fest. At first he was completely willing to miss graduation so we could go since we haven't missed a fest yet and its the only time I get to see some of my friends. Well then his mother got upset and really wants him to walk so he decided to stay and walk. So now he is like I'll stay and you go to the fest without me, take lots of pictures and buy me some gifts. But everyone is making me feel bad, saying that I should support my fiance and stay and watch his graduation and that Camaro5Fest will be there next year and he only graduates once. So now I feel terrible because I really want to go and see my friends, but I want to stay and see him walk, and avoid a family feud.

What would you do?
This is what I would tell anyone of my three daughters. Family 1st, Family 1st and Family 1st. Tell me again, what was the question?

Have a great time at Skip's graduation. Post lots of pictures here for your Camaro5 friends.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #1882
todrules
Rollin' Green

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
He graduates on Saturday. If it was Friday it would be different. Alot of depends on what time is his graduation.
It's actually from Thurs - Sat this year. You could always fly up on Wed and fly back Fri night. Just rent a Camaro while you're up there. I know it's not the same, but you could at least see your friends from C5 and do the graduation thing. Just a thought.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #1883
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
This, and "family 1st" as said...

Old 10-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #1884
GRSCAMARO
RS 10 SS

Drives: 2010 ABM RS/2SS L99
Like most folks are saying, family first. I graduated at the age of 32. My family "said" they were there and left after I walked. I had friends and coworkers waiting at the end so it was not all bad. However, I spent 4 years in school and my family could not spend a single afternoon? Part of me still has not forgiven them.

Go to the graduation. You will not reget it.

Best 1/4 Mile Run: 11/20/2010 SGMP 13.299 @ 106 mph (2.05s 60ft)
Mods to Date:
Painted Rally Stripes by Body's by Doug
ABM Painted Splash Guards & Engine Cover
Tinted Windows by Sunbusters
CAI Kit by Cold Air Inductions (installed at C5FestI)
GRSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #1885
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRSCAMARO View Post
Like most folks are saying, family first. I graduated at the age of 32. My family "said" they were there and left after I walked. I had friends and coworkers waiting at the end so it was not all bad. However, I spent 4 years in school and my family could not spend a single afternoon? Part of me still has not forgiven them.

Go to the graduation. You will not reget it.
Lol, my family was pissed because I didn't invite anyone to my graduation. At the time, I didn't see it as a big deal since I still had more schooling to go...
Old 10-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #1886
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Lightbulb Oh what to do????

There isn't anyone on the forum with real heart that would say..."oh leave Skip and come to Camfest". It is a maturity issue, no offense. This is something your guy has worked for and graduating, regardless of how much education is a step off to the next level. CHERISH IT! As for missing the Fest... figure out how much money you would spend on the trip and and set it aside for a sweet MOD and go again in 2013 with an even more awesome Daisy! Heck I would even travel to see Skip graduate. ACHIEVEMENT IN EDUCATION is what it is all about. After all, it is what will line Skip's wallet for life! PS... my oldest daughter starts nursing school in January and I have gone to EVERY graduation since Kindergarten and will do so at least 2 more times (Bachelors and Masters) and I won't miss them you can be sure!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #1887
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Like most folks are saying, family first. I graduated at the age of 32.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #1888
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
just checking....
Old 10-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #1889
GRSCAMARO
RS 10 SS

Drives: 2010 ABM RS/2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Thanks,

As a glutten for punishment, I am retaking a few undergrad math courses so I can start a Masters program in Mechanical Engineering the summer of 2012. I am now 51 years young!

Best 1/4 Mile Run: 11/20/2010 SGMP 13.299 @ 106 mph (2.05s 60ft)
Mods to Date:
Painted Rally Stripes by Body's by Doug
ABM Painted Splash Guards & Engine Cover
Tinted Windows by Sunbusters
CAI Kit by Cold Air Inductions (installed at C5FestI)
GRSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #1890
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Lol, my family was pissed because I didn't invite anyone to my graduation. At the time, I didn't see it as a big deal since I still had more schooling to go...
Yeah his mom was very unhappy when he initially said he wasn't walking. He is like me, we dont like all that ceremonial crap. We'd rather see some sweet Camaros. Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
There isn't anyone on the forum with real heart that would say..."oh leave Skip and come to Camfest". It is a maturity issue, no offense. This is something your guy has worked for and graduating, regardless of how much education is a step off to the next level. CHERISH IT! As for missing the Fest... figure out how much money you would spend on the trip and and set it aside for a sweet MOD and go again in 2013 with an even more awesome Daisy! Heck I would even travel to see Skip graduate. ACHIEVEMENT IN EDUCATION is what it is all about. After all, it is what will line Skip's wallet for life! PS... my oldest daughter starts nursing school in January and I have gone to EVERY graduation since Kindergarten and will do so at least 2 more times (Bachelors and Masters) and I won't miss them you can be sure!
Good point. Just sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
just checking....
:wave"

Quote:
Thanks,

As a glutten for punishment, I am retaking a few undergrad math courses so I can start a Masters program in Mechanical Engineering the summer of 2012. I am now 51 years young!
I am working on my 2nd undergrad in Accounting (1st was in business and is a good for nothing degree) and once I finish that off to grad school. Eternal student is what I feel like. And its never too late for school. My dad did te same thing, worked so my mom could go to college and when she finally was in a good place went back himself so he could learn how to run our ranch. Age is just a number my friend!

Tags
bunny, v6 camaro