Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
Kanati

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Dusk Spec Edition
Most Beautiful Car w/ Wet Floorboards

Hello all, this is our first posting and it's unfortunate we have to make it here, under the current circumstances. For my wife and I, we've waited a LONG time to get the car of both our dreams. This Camaro 2SS Dusk Edition is loaded and you can't get one more thing on/in it except for a sunroof, which we opted to bypass. So needless to say we love our Camaro.

Now the bad news. We have been inundated with rain in our area as of lately and we also enjoy our air conditioning. But we aren't sure which is contributing to soaking our floorboards. Seems it is alternating between the driver and passenger side, front floorboards. This wetness isn't just dampness, but so wet if you put your hand down on the floorboard and press, water comes up around your fingers. So far the dealership has smoke checked the car and checked the A/C drain. After a week at the dealership, we picked up the car yesterday only to get home and find the floorboard completely soaked...again. Now the carpet is starting to smell.

This is so very disappointing. As long as we've waited and as hard as we've worked to be able to afford our first Camaro, fully loaded, special edition. We are so deflated at the moment, its hard to describe.

At any rate, we were looking for some suggestions. We are probably taking it back in sometime today. So please hit us with your inputs...we look forward to hearing from all of you. Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Last edited by Kanati; 07-17-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Kanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Sorry you are having to deal with that. I know exactly what you are talking about with all this rain. Thunderstorms 3 times a day everyday.

You may have already seen this thread, but figured I attempt to help
Wet Floor
Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
Kanati

Thank you SlowSS. No, we had not seen that post. Good info, interesting as well. The dealer said they had checked to make sure the drain was properly routed. BUT...with my 2003 Silverado, if you run the A/C it constantly drains out under the passenger side fender well onto the ground. So much so that many times a stranger will point it out and say "You have a leak". The first thing I noticed after getting the car from the dealership yesterday (after a week in the shop) AND after driving the car for 45 minutes with the A/C going full blast. There wasn't anything draining onto the ground when we pulled into the drive. Not a drop. Sometimes the passenger side will be soaked, sometimes the driver's side will be soaked...sometimes both will be soaked. Something just ain't right.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
You should see a puddle drain out just behind the passenger front wheel. If you see no condensation draining around that area, I would bet that there is something up with the drain hose.

Stay after them or go to a different dealer.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Kanati

I really do not want to speculate but seems to me that if they smoke checked it for leaks and checked that drain, as they say...than it would be draining properly. But, no, no puddle in that area at all Hannibal.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
Hannibal

"As they say." That may be the problem right there.

The AC produces condensation. It has to go somewhere. There may be a split somewhere in the drain line which would explain the discharge ending up on your floor boards instead of on the pavement.

I would consider using a different dealer if they fail twice at the fix.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Do you have a sun roof? There are cases where the sunroof drain tube gets pinched during build and it will start flooding the car.

My 2010 L99 had the drain issue on the A/C line and the dealer ship ruined my car. The tore the carpet cleaning it and never replaced it, they gouged every piece of plastic in my car, crushed the drives side rocker panel when they dropped the drivers seat on it and cut the leather on the passenger seat. They gave the car back to me like this. I raised hell and they fixed everything but the car always rattled after wards. Main reason I have a LS3 now.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
My ac drain drains on top of the trans tunnel, right onto the transmission. Could explain both sides getting wet.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
Hannibal

One other thing that I forgot to mention. Once they do finally fix this issue, you're going to need to pull and replace the matting under the carpet. If you don't you're going to have a nasty mold issue.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #10
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Take the car outside and turn on the A/C if it is not draining like crazy under the car the groumet has collapsed and they are lying to you. It is hot and humid on the east coast right not so you should be able to see it draining.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
Kanati

Took it outside Scott and drove around for 20 mins with A/C full blast. Then in the driveway for 5 - 10 mins with A/C full blast. NO DRAINING on driveway from under the car. I then pull the panels from each side of the center console (each side of shifter) and slid my hand under carpet padding...soaking wet!! Then slid my hand to the top of the transmission tunnel (inside car, under dash)...it's wet up there too. Carpet also smells very musty. Man, I can't tell you all how disappointed I am right now. Almost $45k, our first magnificent Camaro and now it has to be dismantled for repair.

And no, we do not have a sunroof.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Carpet is easy to pull no worries
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
Took it outside Scott and drove around for 20 mins with A/C full blast. Then in the driveway for 5 - 10 mins with A/C full blast. NO DRAINING on driveway from under the car. I then pull the panels from each side of the center console (each side of shifter) and slid my hand under carpet padding...soaking wet!! Then slid my hand to the top of the transmission tunnel (inside car, under dash)...it's wet up there too. Carpet also smells very musty. Man, I can't tell you all how disappointed I am right now. Almost $45k, our first magnificent Camaro and now it has to be dismantled for repair.

And no, we do not have a sunroof.

Don't be to upset. I bought my 1LE and the next day it was in the shop for A/C issues. Only thing is mine just wasn't getting cold. New compressor and its good to go, but they also replaced the electric power steering motor. Something about a quality check showed that it was deemed a bad part. My car sat at the dealer for 2 weeks before I got it back. They paid my first car note though.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
Hello all, this is our first posting and it's unfortunate we have to make it here, under the current circumstances. For my wife and I, we've waited a LONG time to get the car of both our dreams. This Camaro 2SS Dusk Edition is loaded and you can't get one more thing on/in it except for a sunroof, which we opted to bypass. So needless to say we love our Camaro.

Now the bad news. We have been inundated with rain in our area as of lately and we also enjoy our air conditioning. But we aren't sure which is contributing to soaking our floorboards. Seems it is alternating between the driver and passenger side, front floorboards. This wetness isn't just dampness, but so wet if you put your hand down on the floorboard and press, water comes up around your fingers. So far the dealership has smoke checked the car and checked the A/C drain. After a week at the dealership, we picked up the car yesterday only to get home and find the floorboard completely soaked...again. Now the carpet is starting to smell.

This is so very disappointing. As long as we've waited and as hard as we've worked to be able to afford our first Camaro, fully loaded, special edition. We are so deflated at the moment, its hard to describe.

At any rate, we were looking for some suggestions. We are probably taking it back in sometime today. So please hit us with your inputs...we look forward to hearing from all of you. Thank you in advance for your inputs.
Kanati,

I have read and responded to your PM!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care