Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #57
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
I just picked up my copy, and as soon as Monday night football is over, I will be playing.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #58
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
so how is it?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #59
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
so how is it?

Hows the new Character?
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #60
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
For those that never played any of the other games or maybe played one, it does on the back story of Desmond, the Templars and the Animus. I wasn't able to get too far into the game and you don't start out as Connor, but as another ancestor of Desmonds.
I did meet Ben Franklin before I stopped playing the single player, to make dinner and watch the Tuesday TV shows (NCIS, Face Off and SOA).
The online Multiplayer is totally redesigned, not sure I like it. I found it difficult to find where you can select Team play. I do like the one button will stun and kill in the online mode, many times I forgot I was not a pursuer and used the wrong button.
So far I am extremely glad I got it. I will have more time tonight to get into the game.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #61
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...

Yes I got it. So far the multiplayer interface is different and I'm not sure I like it. It's much more complex and difficult to find and set everything up. I like the fact that the "mini-map" of where your target is in relation to you is less intuitive. This forces people to pay even more attention to detail. They finally got the "whispers" right and I can actually hear them now, so that's a whole new element to mp I've never had. I got to level 10 in about 6 rounds with my highest score being in the second round scoring 5800 or so. At level 8 you get to use your abilities, which through me for a loop. I spent more time figuring the best way to use the ability in the TINY maps than trying to find my target because you can't go more than 30 seconds without being killed. The current maps are very small. Imagine putting you and 50 other people in a 30 x 30 foot room, with 8 people trying to kill each other. There was a deathmatch game with a square room that was released in the 80's (Smash tv?) that mp reminds me of.

As for the single player campaign, I got through the second sequence and am after the next person on the list, so I haven't gotten far into the game, but I enjoyed the prologue. My wife thought I was about done with the first mission and then Assassin's Creed III pops up on the screen and the credits start rolling and she said, "WHAT?!??!! That's just the intro?!?!?!?"

Good times. This game is looking up more and more each minute I play.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #62
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
so how is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post

Hows the new Character?
I didn't get a whole lot of time to play it, but I have a three day weekend coming up to fix that. The new character does more things automatically. I.e. climbing distance jumps. During fighting, two buttons will do a block and multiple hits on an enemy. I have not gotten into group fights yet. The new on screen targeting for location is nice.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #63
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
well i picked it up, and i love it! great game, hopefully i will have a little more time with it today
Old 10-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #64
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
cant wait to get it. im gonna start a hitman absolution thread soon
Old 10-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #65
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
I still need to finish AC Revelations before I start this one.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #66
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

so any updated before i blow 65$ on this ? is it just as repetitive as the previous games or does it have a nice mix to it ?
Old 11-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #67
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
How important is it to play other versions..
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #68
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
How important is it to play other versions..
You can jump in an play at any of the games, but you'd end up missing out on quite a bit of the storyline (conspiracy, end of the world type stuff). I'd recommend playing others for the storyline, since it's continuous. If not, at least read the storyline or watch the video cutscenes up to now. Also, the controls have gradually improved with each version, so it might feel awkward if you were to ever go back to previous games later.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #69
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
so any updated before i blow 65$ on this ? is it just as repetitive as the previous games or does it have a nice mix to it ?
I started the game yesterday (played only for a couple of hours) and haven't yet made it to open world gameplay. The graphics, controls, and the way the players move is much improved. I'll reupdate once I start the usual missions...
Old 11-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #70
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
I started the game yesterday (played only for a couple of hours) and haven't yet made it to open world gameplay. The graphics, controls, and the way the players move is much improved. I'll reupdate once I start the usual missions...
Sounds good !