Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #85
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydoo View Post
thanks for the spoiler
That's why I stay away from gaming threads until I finish.

Speaking of finish, WTF!?!

Guess I'll go finish all the side quests and go on GTA style rampages.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #86
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Sounds good !
Sorry I never posted an update. I didn't get back into the game until the new year.

I feel like this is the best game in the series so far. The controls are fluid, and kill combos (and graphics) are much better! Plus, the contrast between wilderness and civilized areas adds a bit of diversity to the game. The naval missions were greatly done, using cannons and guns to destroy other ships (with nice available ship upgrades).

I didn't really figure out the convoy system where you create items and send them out to different towns. It looks like its mainly to earn revenue, but I never needed it. There aren't any shops to purchase (blacksmith, doctor, tailor, etc) and no areas to buy and upgrade like past games, so not much money is needed. Pretty much all money I had was earned through playing missions and hunting/selling animal products. Also, I never sent any of my recruits on their missions, so none of them advanced to Assassin... This time around, unlike past games where your recruit can die, they just become injured and unavailable for a short period of time. I was disappointed with the lack of glyphs or a similar puzzle system. It was my favorite part of the first couple of games. The closest thing to a puzzle doesn't come until after you finish the game...

Ubisoft has hinted at the "next game" in the series, so hopefully they keep it going for a while!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #87
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
ACIII isn't really my type of thing, but I got a PS3 and it came with the PS3

Very impressed with it. Since I'm not familiar with the series, the plot twists kinda threw me- to be honest, I'm sick of how every TV show, Movie, and Video game has to have a plot twist every 5 minutes.

The controls kinda piss me off- I run up a building or jump on a fence half the time I don't want to. But that's my unfamiliarity with how it works

I like the treatment of the missions a lot. Good variety, especially when you start being involved in battles.

But the best part is the cities. Very atmospheric, and nothing seems spoon-fed. The bits of dialogue here and there add to it greatly. I rather like the game

The big negative- I guess this is true of console games now- is that the game box has no instructions for reference. You have to navigate the game menu to see the manual, which is greatly annoying to me. I don;t need 10 pages of backstory, but I do need a reference card for the controls that I can look at when playing
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #88
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
ACIII isn't really my type of thing, but I got a PS3 and it came with the PS3

Very impressed with it. Since I'm not familiar with the series, the plot twists kinda threw me- to be honest, I'm sick of how every TV show, Movie, and Video game has to have a plot twist every 5 minutes.

The controls kinda piss me off- I run up a building or jump on a fence half the time I don't want to. But that's my unfamiliarity with how it works

I like the treatment of the missions a lot. Good variety, especially when you start being involved in battles.

But the best part is the cities. Very atmospheric, and nothing seems spoon-fed. The bits of dialogue here and there add to it greatly. I rather like the game

The big negative- I guess this is true of console games now- is that the game box has no instructions for reference. You have to navigate the game menu to see the manual, which is greatly annoying to me. I don;t need 10 pages of backstory, but I do need a reference card for the controls that I can look at when playing
I agree with the instruction manual problem, big time! Especially since the controls change a bit from game to game in this series, I've had to click through the menus a few times to look up certain actions.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #89
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I've enjoyed the Assassin's Creed series, even the first one though it was extremely repetitive. The only things I dislike about this third one is the lack of choice on the ending (I talk about that earlier in this thread) and the bonus objectives on missions. They are only difficult in an annoying aspect.

The one that sticks out in my mind is when you're facing off against three Men-of-war in one naval battle. The bonus objectives are to destroy all three ships by firing on their powder stores. My ship is fully upgraded, so using heat shot I could easily sink these ships with 2 volleys each, but because I am OCD and have to get 100% completion, I have to wait until the ships are facing me and fire a weak volley into the nose of their ship hoping I won't sink them and have to start the whole thing over again.

By the way, easiest way is to use chain shot to take down their sails and then sit in front of them bombarding the front of their ships. However, you still take a chance sinking them before the powder stores are available to be targeted.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #90
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I've enjoyed the Assassin's Creed series, even the first one though it was extremely repetitive. The only things I dislike about this third one is the lack of choice on the ending (I talk about that earlier in this thread) and the bonus objectives on missions. They are only difficult in an annoying aspect.

The one that sticks out in my mind is when you're facing off against three Men-of-war in one naval battle. The bonus objectives are to destroy all three ships by firing on their powder stores. My ship is fully upgraded, so using heat shot I could easily sink these ships with 2 volleys each, but because I am OCD and have to get 100% completion, I have to wait until the ships are facing me and fire a weak volley into the nose of their ship hoping I won't sink them and have to start the whole thing over again.

By the way, easiest way is to use chain shot to take down their sails and then sit in front of them bombarding the front of their ships. However, you still take a chance sinking them before the powder stores are available to be targeted.
I used the chain shot to immobilize the ships then rammed them head-on to expose their powder stores. But I agree, the optional objectives can get annoying.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #91
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
I used the chain shot to immobilize the ships then rammed them head-on to expose their powder stores. But I agree, the optional objectives can get annoying.
I tried the ram, but I had the upgraded one so it usually sank them. Did you ram them at half-sail or full?

I also hated the last one where you have to chase Charles Lee without pushing anyone or letting him get more than 50 ft. away.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #92
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I tried the ram, but I had the upgraded one so it usually sank them. Did you ram them at half-sail or full?

I also hated the last one where you have to chase Charles Lee without pushing anyone or letting him get more than 50 ft. away.
I had my ship completely upgraded and rammed them moving at half sail them hitting "no sail" right before impact I think, not directly head on though.

Yeah that one gave me trouble too. I don't remember how exactly I got through it.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #93
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Just played the part where you chase down Hickey.

Never. So. Pissed. At. A. Videogame. Ever.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #94
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Just played the part where you chase down Hickey.

Never. So. Pissed. At. A. Videogame. Ever.
I just played that part and did it on the second try. Just stay close to him so you are past the money that he throws on the ground before the crowd sees it. I was able to tackle him right after he threw the money down on the ground the second time.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #95
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I just played that part and did it on the second try. Just stay close to him so you are past the money that he throws on the ground before the crowd sees it. I was able to tackle him right after he threw the money down on the ground the second time.
Obviously, stay close to a person you're trying to catch, lol

It took me like 50 tries.

When the chase starts, I was almost always unable to leave combat with the three guys that want to fight. While they beat me up, Hickey ran away! I couldn't run after him, I just slowly backed up

On the rare try that I could run away, I'd round a corner and then climb a barrel or a table I couldn't see because it was around a corner! I had to learn the route by memory. I almost ha caught Hickey, and then there was a hay pile on the left side of a tree, and you know how much Connor loves to dive into a hay pile!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #96
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Obviously, stay close to a person you're trying to catch, lol

It took me like 50 tries.

When the chase starts, I was almost always unable to leave combat with the three guys that want to fight. While they beat me up, Hickey ran away! I couldn't run after him, I just slowly backed up

On the rare try that I could run away, I'd round a corner and then climb a barrel or a table I couldn't see because it was around a corner! I had to learn the route by memory. I almost ha caught Hickey, and then there was a hay pile on the left side of a tree, and you know how much Connor loves to dive into a hay pile!

Glad you finally got through that mission. It took me twice, but at the start of the chase I just ran around the redcoats then started running on tables and barrels to stay awy from other guards.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote