Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
Gary English
"Builder"

Drives: '70 Chevelle SS 396 4-speed
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary English
2008 camaro front nose, do you like it??

I imagined the new generation camaro to have more a nostalgia look ,like say the 69 RS front nose than the wide smiling impala looking concept thats presented . Come on GM ,finish the car ,Ford did well on re-creating the Mustang ,I would have bought one if I was a Ford man. But if this is what the Camaro is going to look like for the next 10 years ,I'll have to Pass.
I like the over looks ,its got the 68 rear quarter for sure ,but lets not lose that design concept ,otherwise I dont think the car will sell as strong as the Mustang has. I'm 100% GM and I know these are drawings and sketches that they could re-do them for production, maybe some of you like the new front nose, but I say ,put a Mustang emblem on the front fender and the average Joe wouldnt ague the fact that it wasnt an older mustang. Am I the only one that see's this ,tell me what you think about the front nose of the new Camaro
I'd like to know!
Gary English
Broken Arrow.Ok
EnglishRacing@Yahoo.com
Gary English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
My opinion is Ford and Chrysler have gone too far retro. I think the Camaro was just perfect. A little hint of retro but as the years progress, little changes here and there and the car is modern or contemporary! Ford and Chrysler will have to toal redo to do to stay current. I also love the front!? Each to his own I guess!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Welcome to the site, Gary. Glad to have you here.

As for the nose, I too, wasn't too pleased when GM showed us the car. I looked at the nose and thought "Cadillac." However, over time, the nose grew on me. I am fairly sure the nose is going to stay the same for production. Ed Welburn has said he can barely tell the difference between the production version and the concept which to me, means they have already made up their minds on the production models styling.

If you are concerned w/ the nose, give it a few months after the Camaro is released. I can guarantee you someone out there (aftermarket company) will release kits for the front end. We might even see a hideaway headlight system to install!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
A billet grill over the nose was photoshopped. I liked it, but would rather have the hideaways and a billiet covering the middle section. Or having a gaping hole would be nice.

"I'm higher up on the food chain. GET IN MAH BELLLA!!!"
~Fat Bastard
Old 06-30-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
Gary English
"Builder"

Drives: '70 Chevelle SS 396 4-speed
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary English
You all have good points, especially "whats it matter if all they see is tail lights" lol
i just thought the grill should have been more retro ,I mean come on we're in the retro years ,the 4th generation was futuristic enough, it was getting to the point where all the cars were looking like door wedge stoppers(that you use under the door to keep it open)
Chrysler ,nah ,they goffed with the 4-door Charger ,they could have called it a satelite or coronet, but no they goofed. Ford did well with the Mustang ,I almost wanted one till the girl across the street brought one home and I drove it ,still rides like a 69 mustang,rough! Camaros' and Firebirds have always been a favorite ,rode better ,and steered much better. Now if Pontiac would join the band wagon and put out a T/A ,the narrow front could retro to the 78 T/A's, but who knows.
well I've said my thoughts ,guess whats done is done ,how come they didnt ask us first ,huh? lol
~gary
Gary English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
They'd have to bring back old Smokey and Trigger for a new movie then.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS/RS, 19 Tahoe
Send a message via Yahoo to 94z28inok
DAMN, Im ashamed to share the same state with you man. Comin in here sayin your not gonna buy our new 5th gen cause of the front end..... I just screwin with ya I didnt really like the front end at first either, but it has changed a tiny bit since the first pictures were released. It definately has grown on me, and ya, If aftermarket doesnt come up with some stuff, Im going to do it myself. Billet grille replacement would look sweet. welcome to the board.
91 Camaro RS 305 TBI 700R4
85 Corvette - TBD
05 Envoy 4.2 4x4
94z28inok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
don't touch the nose!! it's puuuurfect!
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #9
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
yeah. i think it looks pretty bad assed

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3whiterag View Post
My opinion is Ford and Chrysler have gone too far retro. I think the Camaro was just perfect. A little hint of retro but as the years progress, little changes here and there and the car is modern or contemporary! Ford and Chrysler will have to toal redo to do to stay current. I also love the front!? Each to his own I guess!

I agree with the above statement, word for word.

The Camaro is perfect, I'm tired of the retro thing. And the Camaro ain't retro. If it had been, I'd be passing on it.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I actually like the front end of the mustang, it's the rest of it I can't stand-- looks cheesy. And I think Dodge screwed up with the charger by only building 4-door models too, otherwise I would be driving it now.

But I don't have a problem with the Camaro's front end at all. The one thing that does bug me a bit (and this is really petty) is the numbers on the speedometer gauge. It register's in increments of 25. So if a cop pulls you over for doing 40 in a 35, I'd be hard to argue that. I hope GM puts a little digital speedometer selection right between the two big gauges.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:08 PM   #12
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
But I don't have a problem with the Camaro's front end at all. The one thing that does bug me a bit (and this is really petty) is the numbers on the speedometer gauge. It register's in increments of 25. So if a cop pulls you over for doing 40 in a 35, I'd be hard to argue that. I hope GM puts a little digital speedometer selection right between the two big gauges.
The production model will be more realistic, that's just a concept and judge it as such.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #13
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I loooove the front end. The first time I saw it being rolled down the red carpet in 06 I was in love and always thought it looked very mean with some large hints of a 69' but not an exact replica which I like.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Dodge and Ford got lazy in my opinion, and went waaaay too Retro. The Camaro was NEVER meant to be retro - at all (and I'm glad 100%). You see with the Camaro - the only thing new kids (not like us, though - we're special exceptions) are bound to recognise is the name. The 5th gen shares the good qualitys of the 1st gen while still being a thoroughly NEW car. The nose is very agressive, very in-your-face, and very 60's Impala-like , and a smidge cadillac inspired. I love every inch of it. But I didn't always feel that way. You see, because it is a Camaro, I imagined the front totally different. But it grew on me, and now I love it! To Newcomers (those who don't know what a Camaro is or was), they will be very impressed with that front end, I guarantee!

It screams "I'm gonna get you!!!" and I like Mindz interpretation of that (love Fat Bastard..lol) Btw, in pictures - I'll agree the front and various other parts of the Car don't look especially good. But in person it comes together beautifully!! Gorgeous - A totally different Ball game.

Thought I'd pop up a few pics- sorry for the size...
Attached Images