Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #85
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Sorry, man, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, you guys are even farther over the edge about this!
I disagree.......nothing is as over the edge as the stripe thread. I will seriously consider delaying my order as well without the ambient lighting. This is an actual functional component of the vehicle, not a piece of vinyl that you may or may not have anyway.

Also agree that the price should definitely be adjusted if the AL is deleted. If we get HUD in its place I could live with the swap.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #86
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Is ABL "canned"? or is it just delayed, like the HUD?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #87
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
We don't know for sure...there are some rumors that there is problems and may not be ready to go at launch...though there are rumors saying it's fine!

We just don't know...but how many other things do we just not know about? A lot...so only time will tell and when we actually see a production Camaro!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #88
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
They are supposedly working out the problems with it. I can't see why they couldn't get it working for launch time...I don't know if I can get the car knowing both ambient lighting and HUD won't be there.

GM could work a lot harder posting information, mainly on their Camaro site that they love to ignore.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #89
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
I hope ABL is not canned

I hope ABL is not canned, that was a factor for the 2ss choice for me,

Well And the leather

and the everything else. LOL

But man I really want that Ambient Lighting, Its gonna be awesome with the IMO interior.
D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #90
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
They are supposedly working out the problems with it. I can't see why they couldn't get it working for launch time...I don't know if I can get the car knowing both ambient lighting and HUD won't be there.

GM could work a lot harder posting information, mainly on their Camaro site that they love to ignore.
Agreed on their Camaro site, they should be updating often. Rumors can be bad for business.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #91
MegaZero
VIN# 2G1FC1EV9A9107317

Drives: 2006 Chevy Cobalt
I want the ABL as much as everyone here. I believe the car will have it by launch time. It's 2 months away before our orders really get put in.

It's safe to say that GM wants our business. Especially since GM, Chrysler, and FORD aren't doing very well at the moment.

The worse case scenario to me is that they will delay the Camaro until they are fully finished with everything for the car. This is the car they have been waiting to unleash for how long now? It's safe to say that they won't release the Camaro until it's perfect, and the way that everyone has been expecting it to look from the outside in.

But, I will be waiting to find out about the Lighting here with all of you because I find this to be one amazing selling point for the Interior of the car.
MegaZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #92
StoutFiles

Quote:
The worse case scenario to me is that they will delay the Camaro until they are fully finished with everything for the car.
I would prefer they do that then launch the car without features they promised.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #93
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
you know how rumors fly. They're like pigs with wings...

IF...anything bad were to happen; they're not going to delay the entire car. Remember, the people who make up the majority of the sales don't know ambient lighting even exists...it would be much better for them if they launched the car, and delayed the lighting till they got it perfect or whatever is holding them up. Again, IF.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #94
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
So this did turn into another thread.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #95
StoutFiles

Quote:
it would be much better for them if they launched the car, and delayed the lighting till they got it perfect or whatever is holding them up. Again, IF.
If GM wants to lose credibility they will launch the car without the feature people paid for.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #96
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
If GM wants to lose credibility they will launch the car without the feature people paid for.
It will be clear that the lighting is not there if that is what ends up happening. So no, people will not be paying for something that they're not getting.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #97
StoutFiles

Quote:
It will be clear that the lighting is not there if that is what ends up happening. So no, people will not be paying for something that they're not getting.
Are you saying the MSRP will definitely drop for the 2LT and 2SS if it isn't included? And if so, how much do they consider ABL worth?
Old 12-21-2008, 11:03 PM   #98
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Are you saying the MSRP will definitely drop for the 2LT and 2SS if it isn't included? And if so, how much do they consider ABL worth?
No. They might but I don't know anything more than you do. My point is that pricing isn't final yet. And noone has bought a car yet. So therefore, you haven't paid for something you're not getting. If GM were to go through production and tell everyone that it was a feature and it was on the final materials but not actually in the cars, then they'd be selling you something you're not getting. But, that's not gonna happen so....
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote