Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
RedRocker2014

Drives: 2014 Camaro
Help With Nitrous

I was about to invest in a nitrous kit on a fully stock LS3 but before I did I had a few questions I was wondering about that hopefully some nitrous experts could help me with.

1) What is the difference between a wet and dry shot and what is ideal ?
2) What shot can the LS3 handle without causing major reliability issues ? 100-150-200 etc.
3) Where is the best place to hide/place the bottle so it isn't easily visible or noticeable ? I can get a bracket or something welded to the chassis if there is a safe spot somewhere.

Thank you for any help/advice it is much appreciated and welcomed. If I forgot to ask any major question that you think I should know please just leave a FYI.
RedRocker2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Check out this link before you start buying http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312766

Also, nitrous outlet has been great and can answer questions you may have.

Yu can safely do a 150 shot. Most people just put bottle in The trunk. There are multiple ways to do and places to put it in there. Just google some pics
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:33 AM   #3
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Nice read.Thanks for the link flyer08. Ran Spray in the the early 80's and you did nothing but turn bottle on hit red button and hang on.Many 1/4 and Street runs and never had an issue. Things are so much better today with all the electronics/safety gizmos but it still seems like many people are afraid of Nitrous and you can't find a lot of info.

That Nitrous Outlet Gen5 Camaro Setup is a great Wet Hardline Setup.They do make a Rearwall Bracket Mouting Plate for the Camaro Trunk that Bolts right in for a Clean Setup.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/2010-ca...e-bracket.html

In the link one thing observed is that the Company that made that neat idea "Black Box" in the pic is no longer in business. Was searching for info and read it somewhere. :(

My car's Nitrous system is being setup for 1/2 mile Runs. Ran the new Engine for the first time last month in the 1/2 and ran great but just ran out of air at High DA 4-6k and track to get the heavy azz moving. Needs a little boost. The Builder VR is using Nitrous Outlet for almost everything shown in that link.Have to a do a little light fabrication due to aftermarket Fuel Rails on a different Motor which is built for Spray. Also looks like we are going to go with a dual bottle setup in trunk. Going with the NOS Laucher Controller instead of the Mini for ease of use/datalogging at Track. Not having it installed until later this year and will be running it at wannagofast Ocala 1/2 mile Jan 23/24th.
OP best wishes with your project and thanks again flyer08

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:24 PM   #4
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Did you do wannagofast in GA (heavens landing) last year? I was supposed to be there but had to work and cancel trip. Going to try to come back to florida for Ocala next January.
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #5
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Sorry flyer08 didn't see response. No Car was down then Just ran this past May Event

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:18 AM   #6
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Did you do wannagofast in GA (heavens landing) last year? I was supposed to be there but had to work and cancel trip. Going to try to come back to florida for Ocala next January.
I ran Ocala, was a blast even if it was scary as shit! For this year they have invested in a sweeper and will be prepping the surface much better. I'll be back hoping to hit 170.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #7
suspectz28

Drives: 2011 SS
My setup was simple and easy.. 150 shot no problems
suspectz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ls3, nitrous