Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #239
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I can't believe you would call the PEOPLE THAT DESIGNED AND BROUGHT US THIS CAMARO DUMBASSES. They are designing the car for the masses, not you. Personally, I like that front bumper a hell of a lot more than the other...looks so much more aggressive.

Use caution in complaints, please. You can speak your mind, but don't call the people that worked and slaved on this car dumbasses.

That not only gets on the nerves of others, but doesn't make you look to great either.
I couldn't agree more. The fact that YOU don't like what someone else has created does not make the creator a dumbass. We all have certain things we would like to see on this car, but, better understand right now there is no way all of us our going to get everything we want. Does that make the car crap? Does that make those who labored over this car dumbass'? No way. To everyone that has and continues to bring us the best camaro, no, the best two door sports coup in America, THANK YOU for what you are doing. It is looking absolutely beautiful.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #240
av8r
DV8 Racing founder

Drives: Black 2SS RS ETA march 09!!!
That's it, My mind is finally made up! joined to site after watching it for months maybe more than a year. It was Camaro SS or Elise. I gotta stay with my Chevy!!!!
av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #241
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
This is more like it!
Personally, I think the one with fake scoop looks better. Thats just me though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
The car looks beautiful so far. And exactly what is a "shunt" and what is a "reverse mohawk"?
Shunt
and the reverse mohawk is the thing in the center of the roof, highlighted in red below
.. ___________ . . . . . ____________
. / . . . . . . . . . .------- . . . . . . . . . . .\
/ . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #242
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

But let me ask you this: Are you happy with the Silver coupe or the black convertible? What do you like? What don't you like? (that's a rhetorical question....)

Again -- THANK YOU for the kind words about the silver car -- we're just as 'geeked' as you are........
All I can say is, if you start putting foglights the size of my neice's head in the middle of the grill on v8's, I'de... I'de...

do that
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #243
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
But let me ask you this: Are you happy with the Silver coupe or the black convertible? What do you like? What don't you like? (that's a rhetorical question....)

We talked with the "12 disciples of which there are 15" at length about the car -- and they felt that it was important to keep the V6 and V8 appearances apart.........and I think you'll find that this is the case once you see the model lineup.
I love the the Silver coupe. I would just like to know if the Concept bumper or pre-pro bumper will be available for other models. But I guess I won't know that until July or Sept. Mean while I have stew and wait. But I will say that I was a little concerned about the Convertable pictures the bigger air dam and the bulge of the fog lights. It could be me but, I favor the orginal front bumper.

So to answer your question: I love everything about the Silver coupe except the Front Bumper.

I love everthing about the Black Convertable except the big air dam and the bulge. Others love it. I would prefer that the Concept/pre-pro bumper would be an option with the higher trims models.

So, I'll take all back lash with dignity from my fellow fans. But just so they know, I have a blank check made out to GM/Chevy Dated for Nov of 2009 and in the memo it says SS Camaro.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #244
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
HOLY CRAP! FBODFATHER SAID "HYBRID"!!!

That means we MUST be getting a PRIUS KILLER MODEL TOO!!!

YEEHAW!!!!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:42 AM   #245
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
HOLY CRAP! FBODFATHER SAID "HYBRID"!!!

That means we MUST be getting a PRIUS KILLER MODEL TOO!!!

YEEHAW!!!!

I caught that right off the bat too! I'm suprised no one else said anything!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:41 AM   #246
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
I can't wait to see what the Z/28 package is going to look like!!

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:57 AM   #247
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
I love the the Silver coupe. I would just like to know if the Concept bumper or pre-pro bumper will be available for other models. But I guess I won't know that until July or Sept. Mean while I have stew and wait. But I will say that I was a little concerned about the Convertable pictures the bigger air dam and the bulge of the fog lights. It could be me but, I favor the orginal front bumper.

So to answer your question: I love everything about the Silver coupe except the Front Bumper.

I love everthing about the Black Convertable except the big air dam and the bulge. Others love it. I would prefer that the Concept/pre-pro bumper would be an option with the higher trims models.

So, I'll take all back lash with dignity from my fellow fans. But just so they know, I have a blank check made out to GM/Chevy Dated for Nov of 2009 and in the memo it says SS Camaro.
+1 i feel the same way i think it is too busy. but the car is bad ass though
Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 AM   #248
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
It is official.... If SHUNT is to headlights, then Fandango is to bumper.

Here is the original Bumper a la Concept

.....and here is what I came up with if we were to get an up front view.

It's 4:15 AM. I am a fan. My devotion is unwaivering.

By the way, it was hard finding an SS logo when I'm wolding my eye lids open with scotch tape.

I digress. I don't think it's that bad. Now I see the Light....if this is what we can expect, Look damn good.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #249
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
can someone from gm make this bumper pleasssssssssse it looks like it will suck the blood out of anything on the street.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2008, 03:37 AM   #250
num1panthersfan

Drives: Mazda Rx-8
Car looks like it ready for the streets. I just hope I can get that exact model just in black!! I know a lot of people feel like the 'Maro is too beastly for a moonroof but I want one cuz the ladies love 'em.
num1panthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #251
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Wow - I certainly didn't expect to see this so early-on. I'm quite amazed how close that is to the concept - I just wish we had some super-clean-high-res pics (that's just greedy isn't it?!).

Anyway, I cannot WAIT to see the first promotional shots of this car. Love it. Really. I do!
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #252
baileyrx

Drives: 2003 g35
fbod, thanks for the link
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote