Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
T2 Bumble Bee bumper pic NOT IN YELLOW???

I have a RJT and was thinking of putting the T2 bumper on http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/2020chcat2fr.html

However, I cant find any pics of that bumper on any care not in yellow, its so annoying, I want to see an example in a diff color to see if i want it or not. Closest pic i can get is the new ZL1 release pics, they are all in RJT lol..

also, does the stock SS lower grill fit into the lower grill of hte T2 bumper? I hate the V6 lower grille look and would wanna keep it if i get this bumper.

Lastly, is there a way to keep the T2 bumper with the side 'hips' of the SS front bumper being as the SS is wider than the LT over there. Perhaps you know a different place to get it since I wanna keep that feature.

Thanks a lot!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
The "T2 fascia" from that company is based on the V6 fascia from GM, just slightly modified.

Perhaps you want to check out the "T3", which is based off the SS fascia.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
xman60606

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
You can order the T2 ports also from Phastek for 450. I got it on my CGM.
Heres the link, hope that helps. I also installed Hella lights as fogs. They are BRIGHT!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97770
xman60606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman60606 View Post
You can order the T2 ports also from Phastek for 450. I got it on my CGM.
Heres the link, hope that helps. I also installed Hella lights as fogs. They are BRIGHT!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97770
Sweet mod man, CGM bumble bee... How do you install JUST the ports, do you need to cut a clean shape into the bumper? Because I would prefer to keep my SS fascia as

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
The "T2 fascia" from that company is based on the V6 fascia from GM, just slightly modified.

Perhaps you want to check out the "T3", which is based off the SS fascia.

said... I am debating T2 or T3, but I like the T2 better for the ports... But I want the wider style hips that the SS fascia has. I am thinking getting this hood
http://www.kgsengineering.com/produc...ducts_id=24032 and i would want the mail slot gone for that.

So how can I have SS fascia (with wider hips, and ~5 lower grille cross sections compared to the LT which has 2), with both of those T2 ports, and NO mail slot..... without doing a mail slot delete, because I dont want those ugly trim lines around it...

Old 02-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Rocky918

I found something here http://www.acscomposite.com/store/st...product=739282 that has the ports, but I cant tell if thats built into the plastic, or if it was cut into the stock bumper. Also they have the SS, upgrade? what does that mean as it doesnt clarify if its a wider bumper and larger lower grill or what...

the other option is to only get the ports, keep the mail slot and get a different hood but I like that hood, and hate how it looks if the mail slot were there :/
Old 02-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #6
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
Ok, if I'm understanding you correctly....Your best bet is to buy the ports and install them on your current fascia. That will keep the SS body lines. No, the lower grille on the 6 is not the same. It's smaller. And the only way to delete the mailslot without the outline, is doing the body work to fill it.
Is that all of what you were asking?
Old 02-20-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
xman60606

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Hi there,
Yes you can cut the ports into your current fascia. It will run much cheaper that way and keep the aggressive SS look. One thing though is that the T2 ports are slightly bigger than the curves on the SS lower fascia so you will have to center it properly so its not so noticeable.
the kit comes with a template so that you place it over the fascia and you can cut it. Any body shop can do it for pretty cheap. the ports come in white so you will have to paint it whatever color you need.
Anything else feel free to hit me back. Hope that helps.
xman60606 is offline   Reply With Quote