Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #3795
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
It's a slow and careful change, and it started almost 100 years ago with regulation of firearms. I'm not wearing my tinfoil hat... but it's right next to me on the nightstand. That is a blatent violation for 2A, and NY'ers shouldn't be putting up with it.
Our region was polled by the local news. 77% were against the new law...Unfortunately, the way NY works is this:

What New York City wants...New York City gets.

As far as I'm concerned that region can be ejected as the 51st state, and we can pass our own laws over here by the lakes....

ahhhh....I'm ranting. And I don't mean to. I have faith cooler heads will prevail ultimately. Maybe tomorrow...maybe 5 years from now. But it just doesn't make sense - and enough people see that and seem to be complaining.

I'm done, though. I could go on all day...
Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #3796
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Canadians can already get the Tavor, can't they?
Most is not easy to obtain especially considering very few gun manufacturers here.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #3797
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Weird question I don't know the answer too.

Any class 3/NFA experts in here?
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #3798
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Ok How many of you NEW YORKers want to sell me your Illegal ar15's :( How freaking SAD. With this law would it also be Illegal for you to sell your presently own weapons?????
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #3799
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Our region was polled by the local news. 77% were against the new law...Unfortunately, the way NY works is this:

What New York City wants...New York City gets.

ahhhh....I'm ranting. And I don't mean to. I have faith cooler heads will prevail ultimately.
You SHOULD be ranting. This problem happens because (no offense) people make this type of statement:

Quote:
Believe it or not, I was fine with what laws were in place...they didn't limit too much. All they did was...
That's how this mess got to be in the first place. Every "Act" and "Law" the US or the States have put into place for "gun control" has led us to this spot. Compromise, after compromise... and people not ranting hard enough. All this does, is provide the ability to chip away piece by piece. The only reason not enough people complain, is that so many people choose not to have guns, or at least not those type of guns. "It doesn't effect my pistol" is not a reason for people not to yell.

The other thing, is that people fail to rationalize anything. Take for example "gun registration". What is the practical purpose of making people register a gun? To know who has what. That's it. How does gun registration prevent crime? It doesn't. At all. That's why I will never register my firearms. Ever. That only provides a tracker to people who don't have any reason to have it. It's an invasion of privacy. The Patriot Act was more than enough to violate that already.

This isn't an attack on you (because I know I get misunderstood somethings)... it's just general statements. Now is just as good a time as any to start yelling about it. We'll help pump you up
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #3800
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
With this law would it also be Illegal for you to sell your presently own weapons?????
After the ban, yes. At least in the state of NY. Nothing should prevent them from selling out of state though.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #3801
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I would love to see one of these from every county in the country!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #3802
kalimus

Here's a map of states and their standing right now. Interesting that the letter you have came from Oregon, as they're up there with wanting to bend everyone in that state over as well...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...eport/1834361/
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #3803
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I would love to see one of these from every county in the country!

That rocks
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #3804
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
I have 7 machine guns, 8 suppressors, and 3 short barrel rifles. I may know the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post

Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #3805
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
That's how this mess got to be in the first place. Every "Act" and "Law" the US or the States have put into place for "gun control" has led us to this spot. Compromise, after compromise... and people not ranting hard enough. All this does, is provide the ability to chip away piece by piece. The only reason not enough people complain, is that so many people choose not to have guns, or at least not those type of guns. "It doesn't effect my pistol" is not a reason for people not to yell.

The other thing, is that people fail to rationalize anything. Take for example "gun registration". What is the practical purpose of making people register a gun? To know who has what. That's it. How does gun registration prevent crime? It doesn't. At all. That's why I will never register my firearms. Ever. That only provides a tracker to people who don't have any reason to have it. It's an invasion of privacy. The Patriot Act was more than enough to violate that already.

This isn't an attack on you (because I know I get misunderstood somethings)... it's just general statements. Now is just as good a time as any to start yelling about it. We'll help pump you up
The problem, well...not really a problem - a difference in our opinions, I guess...is that I do believe there is a compromise to be had. Once it was reached (and I think it was with out former regulation), leave it alone...I've wrote letters after letters...urged friends and relatives to speak up. The mess got to be a mess, IMHO, because people don't use their government like it was designed to be used. The only people being heard are those with fool-hardy ideas that shout louder than the rest.

I'm not a shouter...I don't get awful worked up. But don't mistake that for me not caring. As I said - I've been contacting my elected officials. And a silver lining to all this was that my region's representative voted against this. But that wasn't enough. I can't force people to do anything, as of now, it's not in my power...so I do my part, and it's up to everyone else to do theirs, too.

Quote:
After the ban, yes. At least in the state of NY. Nothing should prevent them from selling out of state though.
No, according to the legislation, I (for example) would be required to register my gun within a year of today...and continually re-register it every 5. Depending on the cost, I may just sell the damn thing, get a shotgun for trap, and wait for these laws to be repealed...I don't need the headache's right now...

But to get back on topic...I could sell to in-state retailers, people out of state, and others registered to own one, like police officers, etc.

....but I said I was done.....for the risk of breaking my own rule.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #3806
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post

im no expert but i have a couple class three weapons... it's already a six month wait to get an item... the NFA branch has a consistant 20,000 forms in their office to process.. imagine if they had 20 million..

btw there is no compromise for the second ammendment... if the military can have it, so can the citizens.. the second amendment grants the citizens the ability to forcefully remove tyranny, not deer and turkeys... tyranny comes in many forms, sometimes it's wearing a police uniform, sometimes fatigues, other times a suit and tie...
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #3807
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
im no expert but i have a couple class three weapons... it's already a six month wait to get an item... the NFA branch has a consistant 20,000 forms in their office to process.. imagine if they had 20 million..

btw there is no compromise for the second ammendment... if the military can have it, so can the citizens.. the second amendment grants the citizens the ability to forcefully remove tyranny, not deer and turkeys... tyranny comes in many forms, sometimes it's wearing a police uniform, sometimes fatigues, other times a suit and tie...
I meant compromise in terms of eliminating the ability for crazy people, or dangerous people to get their hands on them...to clarify...I'm not in favor of a free-for-all, as these aren't toys - and not everyone's responsible. But that's the extend of what I mean by "compromise".
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #3808
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
I meant compromise in terms of eliminating the ability for crazy people, or dangerous people to get their hands on them...to clarify...I'm not in favor of a free-for-all, as these aren't toys - and not everyone's responsible. But that's the extend of what I mean by "compromise".
it's a state issue.. the Federal government has no business regulating firearms.. in Louisiana we have background checks, but we also have a new law that says: "The right of individuals to acquire, keep, possess, transport, carry, transfer, and use arms for defense of life and liberty, and for all other legitimate purposes is fundamental and shall not be denied or infringed, and any restriction on this right must be subjected to strict scrutiny."
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun