Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
SSKyle

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
What kind of fuel upgrades do you have done? Only injectors?
SSKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
Sean@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKyle View Post
What kind of fuel upgrades do you have done? Only injectors?
This kit comes with 8 new injectors.

Pretty soon we will be maxing out the stock fuel pump with the extra upgrades we're doing; so that's next on the list too.
Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #17
SSKyle

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
I'm getting ready to install this same kit an was wondering what my factory pump would handle with FAST 65lb/hr injectors. What was the duty cycle of the injectors at 8psi?
SSKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek View Post
This kit comes with 8 new injectors.

Pretty soon we will be maxing out the stock fuel pump with the extra upgrades we're doing; so that's next on the list too.
Sean, I was comparing both IPS TT and Turbonetics Single Turbo. Both @ 8PSI and stock engine. In fact the IPS kit is using stock manifold. But you can see after 3500 RPM the IPS keeps moving up more rapidly than Turbonetics. Can you comment why? Thanks!

IPS

Turbonetics

Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Sean, I was comparing both IPS TT and Turbonetics Single Turbo. Both @ 8PSI and stock engine. In fact the IPS kit is using stock manifold. But you can see after 3500 RPM the IPS keeps moving up more rapidly than Turbonetics. Can you comment why? Thanks!
My first guess would be the way the two kits are built and how well they flow. I'm still up in the air on the shorty headers vs stock manifolds. I saw some interesting info on the dynos today; so I may switch back to the stock manifolds.

Was that IPS graph on 93 octane? I'd like to check out some more info on that one if you have a link. The Turbonetics kit should have a few more horsepower in it, closer to 600 rear wheel horsepower (at least), because of the conservative tune we're still running - But, I don't know if I agree with that IPS dyno showing 660 to the wheels on the stock fuel system. Maybe with smaller injectors? And, 750HP at the flywheel on a stock LS3 bottom end Not my cup of tea!

Keep in mind we're doing our setup in stages - so who knows what the final numbers will be!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Quote:
JBA shorties and cat-delete pipes. And the JBA shorties should now be 50 state smog legal too (CARB EO# D-57-25)
Do you have to modify anything to install the headers? Have any video clips of the car? Would love to hear a turbo Camaro with headers.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
Z_Rocks

Quote:
My first guess would be the way the two kits are built and how well they flow. I'm still up in the air on the shorty headers vs stock manifolds. I saw some interesting info on the dynos today; so I may switch back to the stock manifolds.

Was that IPS graph on 93 octane? I'd like to check out some more info on that one if you have a link. The Turbonetics kit should have a few more horsepower in it, closer to 600 rear wheel horsepower (at least), because of the conservative tune we're still running - But, I don't know if I agree with that IPS dyno showing 660 to the wheels on the stock fuel system. Maybe with smaller injectors? And, 750HP at the flywheel on a stock LS3 bottom end Not my cup of tea!

Keep in mind we're doing our setup in stages - so who knows what the final numbers will be!
I understand Sean. What caught my curiosity, was that, both cars were getting 8psi air pressure waiting at TB to get in, regardless of how that pressure was made. And that's why I posed the question.

I had actually seen several built from IPS on this forum and they all seem very high power. Here is the link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91275

Here is the link
Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
Havnaparty

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Transformer Edition
I have to say that the work you guys have done and the pics to go with it is really impressive.
Could you tell me what would be a typical final cost if you could,(installation included) for the turbo compared to the magnacharger supercharger and the advantages one over the other?
Thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #23
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I understand Sean. What caught my curiosity, was that, both cars were getting 8psi air pressure waiting at TB to get in, regardless of how that pressure was made. And that's why I posed the question.
Their kit mentions larger injectors and a boost-a-pump, so that takes care of the fuel issue - I'm not sure where we would be at if we weren't getting close to running out of fuel pump, but we will know soon!

In general, a twin turbo, bottom-mount kit, should have less hot-side pipe volume, which may make a difference in power, but then again A) this is a 50 state legal kit (), and B) I'm not a big fan of remote-mount oil pumps for the turbos, because to me, at the end of the day, it's just more to worry about and something that could go wrong and destroy two turbos. Although.. I'm not here to compare kits
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #24
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime2 View Post
Do you have to modify anything to install the headers? Have any video clips of the car? Would love to hear a turbo Camaro with headers.
Nope, they went right in. We wrapped some heat tape around the last plug wire though. We did try a set of BBK shorties, and they didn't fit (on the driver side, didn't check passenger side).

I'll get a few video clips of the turbo kit tomorrow, with the dyno runs we filmed, and post that up soon.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
Z_Rocks

Quote:
I'm not here to compare kits
Thanks Sean. I wasn't leading you on for comparisons, just wanted to hear your comments. I really like the way you guys do the work/installation and that's all this post was all about.

Looking forward to more findings from you.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKyle View Post
I'm getting ready to install this same kit an was wondering what my factory pump would handle with FAST 65lb/hr injectors. What was the duty cycle of the injectors at 8psi?
I'll check with the tuner tomorrow and let you know on the duty cycles. Any particular reason you want to use those injectors? I believe this kit comes with 60lb injectors..
Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #27
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Very nice!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #28
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyblueSS View Post
Very nice!
Thanks!! Video is ready