Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-04-2017, 02:40 PM   #43
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Wow can’t get a set of golf clubs in the trunk of a 6 th gen. Well thank goodness sledgehammer made a video of how to get a set of oversized golf clubs in the trunk of youre 6th gen here is the link.
https://youtu.be/JdMVuBVuGjg
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:00 PM   #44
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Good thing I hate golf
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #45
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsblueblood View Post
Wow can’t get a set of golf clubs in the trunk of a 6 th gen. Well thank goodness sledgehammer made a video of how to get a set of oversized golf clubs in the trunk of youre 6th gen here is the link.
https://youtu.be/JdMVuBVuGjg
I've managed to fit an adult passenger in the back seat for a unexpected short trip across town too. Go figure.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #46

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The same old worn-out, echo-chamber gripes still haven't stopped the Camaro from outselling it's competition...http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512234

Maybe the 7thGen will somehow be the Camaro many that poo-poo the 6thGen will buy....Many good 5thGens are for sale, but it's probably just more fun to gripe about the 6thGen and not drive a Camaro at all.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #47
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The same old worn-out, echo-chamber gripes still haven't stopped the Camaro from outselling it's competition...http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512234

Maybe the 7thGen will somehow be the Camaro many that poo-poo the 6thGen will buy....Many good 5thGens are for sale, but it's probably just more fun to gripe about the 6thGen and not drive a Camaro at all.
Why not look at the complete picture and compare the yearly sales? Picking a month, and one where the Mustang is transitioning to the refresh model that offers a big performance boost just highlights the weakness of your argument.

Let's wait until the the refresh model is fully available before we start claiming sales successes. These two cars are now going to be closer in both price and performance than ever.

The next year or two will tell the story of who got the formula right with no more BS about about prices and performance. The S550s first couple of years sales compared to the 6th gen Camaros first two years are like night and day. One came out like gangbusters and stayed that way even with the introduction of the 6th gen Camaro. The 6th stalled out of the gate and never really recovered unless you include the massive rebate months or the end of the pre-refresh Mustang months like we're seeing now. Check the inventory available on the ground now, and you'll see there a nearly twice as many new Camaros out there compared to Mustangs...heading into winter no less. That's more meaningful than a good month or two.

And please don't start the whole ATP and retail vs wholesale argument. Nobody except the top executives know what what the profit margins or sales goals are. We can only look at inventories and market demand to get an idea of who has the winning formula.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #48
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Most would agreee the Mustang has the edge at the rear of the cars and also the interior. Gen6 holding to a very similar design as the previous generation may tend to date it and that also may play a role. However, I find it hard to believe a Mustang would get nearly the attention and compliments my Camaro Vert gets on a daily basis. Numbers wise there is little doubt the visability issues have hurt sales along with the GM cutting way back on fleet vehicle sales and the steep initial 2016 price increases.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #49
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I've managed to fit an adult passenger in the back seat for a unexpected short trip across town too. Go figure.
With my knees against the dash I have 4 fingers between the rear sear cushion and the back of the front seat. Much worse than a Gen5 and not enough for an adult. But that's me and my anthropetrics.

Sorry some think it's griping about the 6th Gen. it's a fabulous car and some can't accept that for some people the car has deficiencies. Most products do when you make trade offs in the development process.

Kind of sad when you can't like a car but still want it improved.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #50
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
I agree. My friend has a 15 GT with the rear spoiler delete and it's a good looking car. I also like the interior. I like the refreshed 18 as well with all of the upgrades. It's now more in line with the 6th gen including price. Curious to see how it sells over the next year or so.
That's why looks are subjective. My buddy has a '17 Roush. I have a '18 Zl1. We went out the other day to a local car meet. Nobody even paid attention to his car. They were all jocking the Chevy. His interior is about as cheap as you can get. Plastic everywhere. And their leather is more in line with the leather you'd find in a Toyota or Honda. Hard as a rock. Plus, there's no bolstering in the seats. I can go on and on.

He even has aftermarket wheels and drop kit, so his stance looks even better than mine. Just saying. I personally think the Mustang is hideous. But, moving on.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:36 PM   #51
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
"not as visually stunning as the Mustang"
I bet it hurt like hell to write a halfway decent article on the Camaro.
Car and Driver has been writing Fake News articles for years.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #52
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
Most would agreee the Mustang has the edge at the rear of the cars...
I don't know, that's a pretty nice as azz!

I used to think the same thing, but the more I look at the Camaro's rear, the more I appreciate it and the wide bulging fenders.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #53
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

My Grandfather had a 38 Chevy Coupe, his came with a small optional rear seat. Very limited space that you had to squeeze into. Mostly just kids would fit. It was a coupe, just like our Camaros are coupes. They are not bought for rear seat space. Back then people just didn't bitch about stuff like that. He would probably say if any one bitched would be is if the space in insufficient then get the eff out walk. But back then no one would even think about rear seat space in a coupe. Also in looking at the pic look at those wide A pillars and oohh My God how on earth did they backup because you can't see the rear end of the car where it ends because of the slope!!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/330240585156129641/

Last edited by Marty McFlew; 11-05-2017 at 10:54 PM. Reason: o
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:23 AM   #54
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
My Grandfather had a 38 Chevy Coupe, his came with a small optional rear seat. Very limited space that you had to squeeze into. Mostly just kids would fit. It was a coupe, just like our Camaros are coupes. They are not bought for rear seat space. Back then people just didn't bitch about stuff like that. He would probably say if any one bitched would be is if the space in insufficient then get the eff out walk. But back then no one would even think about rear seat space in a coupe. Also in looking at the pic look at those wide A pillars and oohh My God how on earth did they backup because you can't see the rear end of the car where it ends because of the slope!!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/330240585156129641/
Haha, I'm not sure how we survived all these decades driving cars without sensors, cameras, and small back seats in performance coupes... oh, the humanity! Lol
Old 11-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #55
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
With my knees against the dash I have 4 fingers between the rear sear cushion and the back of the front seat. Much worse than a Gen5 and not enough for an adult. But that's me and my anthropetrics.

Sorry some think it's griping about the 6th Gen. it's a fabulous car and some can't accept that for some people the car has deficiencies. Most products do when you make trade offs in the development process.

Kind of sad when you can't like a car but still want it improved.
You're not wrong. The rear seat is essentially useless regardless of what anyone says. Saying "I can fit people back there!" is like the ugly step sister cramming her foot into the glass slipper. "LOOK! IT FITS!" no... no it really doesn't. My 5'2" 18 yr old in the back and 5'9" wife in the front, they're both cramped. Wife's knees are in the glovebox, kid's legs are cramped. Did it work for the shuttle across town? Sure. Is it practical implementation? Not even remotely.

I don't get the rabid defense either.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:09 AM   #56
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
You're not wrong. The rear seat is essentially useless regardless of what anyone says. Saying "I can fit people back there!" is like the ugly step sister cramming her foot into the glass slipper. "LOOK! IT FITS!" no... no it really doesn't. My 5'2" 18 yr old in the back and 5'9" wife in the front, they're both cramped. Wife's knees are in the glovebox, kid's legs are cramped. Did it work for the shuttle across town? Sure. Is it practical implementation? Not even remotely.

I don't get the rabid defense either.
I HAVE fit people back there!

It's not comfortable...your head is crooked...but I fit two full-sized (average) adults back there, with the front seats pushed as far forward as was reasonably comfortable.

But like you said...shuttle across town when necessary...certainly not long-distance, and definitely not the "preferred" method of transport.