Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
TocaSeries

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Camaro High End Sway Bars and Strut Bars

So being new to a Camaro what brands and products are considered high end when it comes to Sway bars and Strut bars?
TocaSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Lol you know Cub fan, there is a suspension section sir/ma'am. You need to post there and not here for eeeeeverything lol. You could of PM'd me too lol.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I posted a similar question a while back in the suspension section. not one response. posted a question in the brakes section also. not one response. am i whining?

maybe a little.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Lol no I guess not, op what's your budget? I would go BMR IMHO they make quality parts.

Night owl what's your question sir?
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
BMR makes great stuff that what I used in Pumpkin. That being said I'm going with Pfadt for coilovers this winter, there pricey but I like the looks of them. As far as brake rotors go I'm going with DBA's. Hope that helps.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
I would answer by saying that it depends on what you want to do with the car. Most often we find that a mix of brands will get you to where you want to be. that is, unless you have some reason that you want to be loyal to just one manufacturer.

We are always happy to help someone figure out what may be the best set-up for their application. Shoot me or Apex Chase a PM if you want more info.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TocaSeries View Post
So being new to a Camaro what brands and products are considered high end when it comes to Sway bars and Strut bars?
You have to be careful because many people think the more expensive it is the higher the quality it is and in many instances that is completely untrue. Look for the companies that build the best quality parts for your money and I am sure you will be more successful in finding the parts you are looking for.

We have a full line up of Camaro suspension and chassis parts that we make in-house so we are able to keep the price more reasonable than some of the other companies that outsurce their manufacturing. I would put our products agianst any others out there as far as quality and value goes. If there is any questions I can help you out with don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or give me a call here at the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Lol no I guess not, op what's your budget? I would go BMR IMHO they make quality parts.

Night owl what's your question sir?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
BMR makes great stuff that what I used in Pumpkin. That being said I'm going with Pfadt for coilovers this winter, there pricey but I like the looks of them. As far as brake rotors go I'm going with DBA's. Hope that helps.

We definitely appreciate your guys support!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Not a problem Kyle my pleasure, OP as soon as I bought the car I added the sway bars and links. Up next are the 1" springs and LCA or trailing arm and the rear diff bushings. Slowly but surely.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
BMR & PFADT....both are high quality, both have top-notch customer service, and both are on the Camaro5 forums DAILY helping out their customers!!! You can't go wrong with either one.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
Brandon@LSRPerformance

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TocaSeries View Post
Please take a look at our LSR strut tower brace:

Quote:
Designed, tested, manufactured, and assembled all in-house. Welded from thin-wall chromoly steel tubing and mild steel brackets. Designed to increase front suspension effectiveness by increasing the chassis' stiffness. This reduces the unwanted compliance in the strut towers leading to vague steering and uninspiring suspension performance. Powdercoat finish and polished stainless steel logo plate for looks and corrosion resistance.

Note: Fits 2011 and Up Camaros built after October 2010 only.
Our swaybars:

Quote:
The LSR performance adjustable rear swaybar was made specifically for the 2012 and Up Camaro with the FE4 and FE5 suspensions found on most SS, 1LE, and ZL1 models.

The factory rear swaybar on models equipped with this option are re-designed and our original rear swaybars do not fit this application.

This new swaybar fits FE4 and FE5 suspension models and is an upgrade for even further improved performance. CNC bent from tubular 1-1/8 inch DOM steel and then TIG welded with billet steel ends. Each end provides three adjustment positions for fine tuning. Each position provides a 10 percent increase in stiffness, with a minimum stiffness increase of 25 percent.

In addition we've also included greaseable, adjustable endlinks with heavy duty 12mm ball joints at each end to replace the rubber bushing endlink design found on the factory swaybar and other competitors swaybars. This eliminates compliant soft rubber in the factory endlinks allowing them to work more effectively, without adding any NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness).

Outstanding upgrade for street and track use.

Product Benefits
  • 3 position adjustability for fine tuning of handling balance
  • Double adjustable heavy duty ball joint style endlinks
  • Lightweight thin wall DOM CNC bent tubular steel construction
Let me know if I can help you with anything! Forum members do get a discount.
Brandon@LSRPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
tys2010camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
BMR
Attached Images

tys2010camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
I had a 5k budget for my suspension parts, so not really a limit. I went with eibach sway bars and a Hotchkis strut brace, I also added a few small things, but not really important. I like the eibach because they are both 29mm bars, and the strut brace fits over a supercharger.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
BMR & PFADT....both are high quality, both have top-notch customer service, and both are on the Camaro5 forums DAILY helping out their customers!!! You can't go wrong with either one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys2010camaro View Post
BMR
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I am not normally a fan of chrome at all but That chrome BMR strut tower brace just sets off your engine bay and I think it looks amazing.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #14
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
I had also attest to BMR's quality, rocking their bushings! They were my second choice, but I bought eibach coilovers, so I just stuck with eibach.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote