Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #57
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan W View Post
What are the best looking and working Blind Spot mirrors or solutions?
Turn your head and look, lean forward a bit. Have situational awareness of the other vehicles.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #58
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
You have a right to your opinion, but there is no need for those hideous add-on convex mirrors if you know what you're doing.

Most people like to have the mirrors aimed such that they can see down the side of their vehicle. WRONG. They should be aimed so that you can see the lanes on either side of you (capturing everything that is out of view of your windshield-mounted mirror).

Nobody needs to see down the side of the car. I learned this at a professional driving class. It solves the blind spot problem on any car, including our Camaros.
I find it helps with parallel parking. . .
Old 06-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #59
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldag View Post

And yep, I have been driving longer than you have been on this earth.
You've been driving for over 36 years and still can't understand you're the reason why people need to practice defensive driving.... Yea. That actually makes sense. I mean, if you could understand what I'm trying to say then we wouldn't need to look out for every one else. Stubborn people are the main reason everyone else is in danger on the road because darnit this is the way you've been driving forever and it's worked for you all these years. I guess once you've been driving a certain way for so long no one is going to change that. I'm banging my head against a wall here. Good look to whoever is the one that gets rearended or pushed off the road by this guy here.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #60
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
You've been driving for over 36 years and still can't understand you're the reason why people need to practice defensive driving.... Yea. That actually makes sense. I mean, if you could understand what I'm trying to say then we wouldn't need to look out for every one else. Stubborn people are the main reason everyone else is in danger on the road because darnit this is the way you've been driving forever and it's worked for you all these years. I guess once you've been driving a certain way for so long no one is going to change that. I'm banging my head against a wall here. Good look to whoever is the one that gets rearended or pushed off the road by this guy here.
Post again when you have taken the training wheels off and actually driven in a big city's heavy traffic. Your comments show you obviously have not done so.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #61
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
This thread is full of awesome
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #62
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Post again when you have taken the training wheels off and actually driven in a big city's heavy traffic. Your comments show you obviously have not done so.
says the guy who, after more than 36years of claimed driving, still needs to put mirrors on his mirrors because he hasn't figured out how to properly position his side view mirrors to eliminate blindspots yet.... post again when you figure out how to take those training wheels off
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #63
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Proper modern mirror adjustment and a convertible top.
LOL! Put the top down
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #64
Ryan W

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS

Have been driving my new 2013 RS Camaro for a few days now and those of you who said to set the mirrors correct are Correct! Once I learned how to set the mirrors correctly, absolutely NO Problems and No Blind Spots! Thanks for the info, video, etc! Works Great! Love my new Camaro!
Ryan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #65
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Man, I didn't need to read an article to tell me to aim the side view mirrors at the spots you can't see with a side and shoulder check. Been doing that since I got my license in 1980.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #66
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
I have driven several million miles. Much of it in cities like Houston and LA. If you want to do the best job of tracking all cars and being able to react instantly, you will want blindspot mirrors.

There are times you want to see down the side of your car, such as when you are backing into tight spaces.

Hi

Since you've driven so much it's time somebody let you in on a secret: move your head.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #67
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Why is this now in the Wheels and Tires section?
Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #68
Oldag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Hi

Since you've driven so much it's time somebody let you in on a secret: move your head.
Known about that one for a long time. But experience showed something better.

Glancing at a blind spot mirror is much quicker, and allows you to keep the road in front of you (including the lanes to your right) within your peripheral vision.

Try it some time. If it was not more effective, I would have quit using blind spot mirrors long ago.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #69
Oldag

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediblyX View Post
LOL! Put the top down
My favorite method...
Old 07-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #70
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
You people that say look over your shoulder must be short and have your seat all the way forward. Because I'm 6'1" and drive with my seat almost all the way back and when I look over my shoulder all I see is the side pillar and can't see a car until it's almost next to me.

I use blind spot mirrors on all my cars, I have tried adjusting my mirrors like in the video. However I think the blind spot mirrors give you more vision of the road then having the mirrors adjusted.