Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Minge

Drives: 2013 2SS
Please tell me why people need to be this way

So you bust your backside with proper clay, polish, more polish, seal, wax and have your car looking like a brand new penny. You have spent hours on your car and you go to the local car show only to have everyone that walks by picks on your car pointing out any and every flaw they can find. It is demoralizing and takes the wind right out of your sails. I had a 1970 chevelle that was laser straight with a really nice paint job and I got the same thing.

I always go out of my way to compliment the owners on their cars as I know how much work they can be. I just don't get it.
Minge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
yup people will do that. i have people complaining/picking stuff wrong with it. and i had an umbrella in the backseat. lol. its not that serious geez

but i feel you
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Minge

I did not intent to sound like this is the end of the world. I certainly don't lose any sleep over it. I just don't understand human nature sometimes.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Good_Times

Drives: red
I have learned to do this for my own pleasure and not get down by what others say. Once while showing a 57 T-Bird that I poured my heart and soul into restoring , a fellow mentioned the fuel filter wasn't period correct. I replied that someone had also burnt up the original gas that came in the tank from the factory. So I quit worrying what others think and smile when I walk past their swirled up mess.
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Minge

The gas line is very funny will have to remember that. I have learned if it makes the owner happy who am I to say what is good bad or indifferent.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Typically I assume anyone rude enough to criticize your car in front of you like that are very insecure about something else. Its not that I don't notice imperfections, since I'm in the detail business I can't help it, but I'm not going to point them out and say "OH man! Your paint sucks!"

Don't let it get you down... enjoy your ride and whatever level of 'perfect' you decide suits you best.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Im not saying they are correct in doing that, but you did choose to take it to a car show....thats part of the package.......

Just focus on the ones that say good things about the car.......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Typically I assume anyone rude enough to criticize your car in front of you like that are very insecure about something else. Its not that I don't notice imperfections, since I'm in the detail business I can't help it, but I'm not going to point them out and say "OH man! Your paint sucks!"

Don't let it get you down... enjoy your ride and whatever level of 'perfect' you decide suits you best.
well said.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post

Plus 2

Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #10
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
I've never been to a car show and probably wont since my car is not that special, but can imagine you have all types there. Frankly, I probably get as many compliments just driving around town as I would if I detailed her and pulled up to a show.
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #11
Ohio Snake

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2012 Shelby GT500
Five types of people will comment on your car at car shows:

Those that don't have your car but would love to have one....they say nice compliments.

Those that have or had a car in a car show and think their car is "The One".....they like to pick your car apart and anyone else's.

Those that have your car type and drive it as a daily driver but not show it.......they will compliment your car.

Those that have an "enemy car" ( yours is a Chevy, theirs is a Ford)' they absolutely hate your car and all other makes.

Another car enthusiast, all makes and models...... they are called "compickers". They may compliment or nit pick. Depends on their mood that day.

Just wear your "Teflon" shirt. Those miserable mongrels can't help it. Deep down inside with your self esteem, you know your car has all you need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ohio Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Next time someone nitpicks about your car, nicely ask where their car is parked so you can go over and "inspect" it.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
My favorite are the guys that act like they hate people like that, then when somebody with a diff style car (import/stance/drift/ect) comes by the completely bash their car and all cars in their class, proclaiming loudly that their type car is the only real car available. Some people's kid... I personally like to challenge them to an event their car is not set up for a drag race if their a drifter, a road course if their a drag guy and watch them back peddle.
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
probably a Mustang driver.. take that with a grain of salt...
sanjosebmx is offline   Reply With Quote